PDA

View Full Version : If Only.....Ron Was Running As An Independent

Yvonne
07-11-2008, 04:59 PM
Writes Lew Rockwell: "If only the prophetic and courageous Ron Paul were running as an independent. People are ready for real change. As Tweedledee and Tweedldum struggle for power, with almost exactly the same program, Ron could be making History. It wasn't right for him, he felt, and given his political skills, that has to be determinative. And yet, if only..."
Please read the rest: http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/021948.html

Alex Libman
07-11-2008, 05:08 PM
Yeah.... If...

orafi
07-11-2008, 05:12 PM
lool why does he have to be independent when he's giong to be a sleeper hit at the rnc lolol?

Alex Libman
07-11-2008, 05:37 PM
That wouldn't happen. If McCain died, Romney or someone else would jump back in.

TruthisTreason
07-11-2008, 05:53 PM
Seemed like the right time to me, Ron isn't getting any younger. I personally think our government is broken beyond repair. That could be a good thing, when the dust settles. I wonder if Lew is coming to the march?

hypnagogue
07-11-2008, 06:05 PM
Dr. Paul would make a greater impact on this election than Barr and Baldwin and all the 3rd party candidates combined. I honestly don't understand why he isn't taking this all the way.

dannno
07-11-2008, 06:25 PM
That wouldn't happen. If McCain died, Romney or someone else would jump back in.

I think that's up to the delegates at the convention.

Hopefully they all have Ron Paul dvd's.

dannno
07-11-2008, 06:26 PM
I honestly don't understand why he isn't taking this all the way.

BE PATIENT.

Ron Paul is playing this like a chess game. I'm not saying he is going to win, or that he will be a contender, I'm just saying he is playing it low-key, high-strategy. You never know, he's a smart guy.

We won't know what's going to happen until closer to the election.

Carole
07-11-2008, 06:34 PM
BE PATIENT.

Ron Paul is playing this like a chess game. I'm not saying he is going to win, or that he will be a contender, I'm just saying he is playing it low-key, high-strategy. You never know, he's a smart guy.

We won't know what's going to happen until closer to the election.

I would like to believe the "Low-key, high stretegy" part, but I think he also knows that the PTB have control and will NOT let him near the door. I would be willing to bet that RNC and their security would never allow him in the convention.

Fools, all of them. They are on a sinking ship without a life preserver. :D

What a terrible shame the American people have not idea what is about to hit them nor any idea that this man exists who fights so hard for them. They will never know.

Still, Dr. Paul is a brilliant and honorable man and at least since he is not officially a candidate, he is getting some exposure. The MSM needs to boost their ratings. :)

BKom
07-11-2008, 06:51 PM
If only . . . . . Ron ever really wanted the job.

20 years ago, he wanted the job and had no chance.

2008, he had a slight chance, but he didn't want the job and never believed he could win the job.

There is no strategy. There is no secret formula. There is no plan. And there is zero chance that Ron will be president.

I too wish he would have decided to run as an independent. There is certainly nobody else I could support for the job. But Ron is who he is. And he will continue to be the congressman from Lake Jackson as long as he wants, and never more than that.

I have been a Republican for a long time and I see nobody on the horizon anymore. I had held out hope that Mark Sanford could be the guy to rescue the party. But now he's pandering to the social conservatives. Frankly, I'm strongly pro-life. But when it comes to inserting religion into the public square, I draw a very bright line of separation. And once you've sold your soul to that interest group, you never come back. At least, I've never seen it.

Brian Kominsky

AJ Antimony
07-11-2008, 07:13 PM
Nah it's better he didn't win this year. People would end up blaming him and his free market economics for the upcoming depression.

yongrel
07-11-2008, 07:50 PM
If only that damn horse hadn't thrown Christopher Reeves...

then we could have had another Superman sequel worth watching, instead of that cinematic gall stone of a film that they released recently.

DaveH
07-11-2008, 08:10 PM
Some of us worked our butts off and spent money we didn't have here in Illinois yet we couldn't even get him to make one campaign visit here in Obama land.
Then the day after Super Tue he quit.
I wrote my meetup group and told them I was disappointed and that if he didn't announce as an independent all the work all of us had done was going down the drain.
We were used then discarded. He quit on us. I still love him and really want his ideas put into practice but it's over. Turn out the light.
I've been involved in politics since Barry Goldwater. I thought our time had come.
We're going to end up with Obama. Ron Paul could have made a big difference in this election but he quit on us.
We need another Moses.

tomveil
07-11-2008, 08:40 PM
Some of us worked our butts off and spent money we didn't have here in Illinois yet we couldn't even get him to make one campaign visit here in Obama land.
Then the day after Super Tue he quit.
I wrote my meetup group and told them I was disappointed and that if he didn't announce as an independent all the work all of us had done was going down the drain.
We were used then discarded. He quit on us. I still love him and really want his ideas put into practice but it's over. Turn out the light.
I've been involved in politics since Barry Goldwater. I thought our time had come.
We're going to end up with Obama. Ron Paul could have made a big difference in this election but he quit on us.
We need another Moses.

You may be the poster most divorced from reality here on RPF, and that's saying something.

orafi
07-11-2008, 08:45 PM
If only that damn horse hadn't thrown Christopher Reeves...

then we could have had another Superman sequel worth watching, instead of that cinematic gall stone of a film that they released recently.

I dunno if lifting an entire island would have been any more exciting with Reeve compared to the other guy.

acroso
07-11-2008, 11:05 PM
I agree! Get him in the race...sigh

Lovecraftian4Paul
07-11-2008, 11:39 PM
I think most Ron Paul supporters are disappointed that he did not press on in this climate. About half of us were never Republicans anyway. We only momentarily touched the GOP with an anxious pole to boost Ron Paul, and for no other reason. While I'm hopeful the Ron Paul forces within the GOP will be able to get a candidate elected to the House sometime in the next four years (or more!), I won't hold my breath.

The wind has been sucked out of our sails since February. First by that horrible message sent after Super Tuesday, and then last month by the official suspension of the campaign. It should've at least been carried to the convention.

I still believe Ron Paul was coerced behind the scenes into ending his active Presidential bid. Rumors about exactly that appeared shortly before he quit, so it isn't that unreasonable a possibility.

ronpaulblogsdotcom
07-11-2008, 11:48 PM
I dont know why you all want an independant bid so bad. Indys dont win, Almost never.. Get over it. That is the facts.

People kept voting for FDR and he was a damn elitist cripple. And they were dying of starvation.

This is a two party country. Getting 10 or 15% of the vote means almost nothing. Yes there is a bit of a social statement there. But not much.

In sports I play to win. Nothing else matters. I dont play to make a statement. Or make them think my way of practicing is good. I play to win.

I would never enter a race I didnt think I had a good chance of winning. Maybe I have read the "Art of War" once too many times.

If I saw some huge change in America that I thought 40 or 50% would vote for an Indy I would back an Indy run. I dont see it. Maybe Ron doesnt either. Maybe he is hoping for it.

Liberty4Free
07-12-2008, 01:30 AM
Yes, maybe he could make a statement by running as an independent, albeit a small one. But please look at the bigger picture. Once (and it looks like they will) the Republicans lose not only the presidential election but many congressional seats, they will be in shambles looking for a new message and platform. That's when we, the Ron Paul Republicans, sweep in and offer them ours. Now there's no guarantee they will take it up, but if they know what is good for them, then they will.

Or the Democratic voters see that Obama is a sham and the rest of the Democrats in Congress aren't that good either (by not ending the wars and the coming financial crisis), that they wake up to this two party scheme and help us revolt.

Just maybe, one of those things happen :)

ChrisInMN
07-12-2008, 07:11 AM
Writes Lew Rockwell: "If only the prophetic and courageous Ron Paul were running as an independent. People are ready for real change. As Tweedledee and Tweedldum struggle for power, with almost exactly the same program, Ron could be making History. It wasn't right for him, he felt, and given his political skills, that has to be determinative. And yet, if only..."
Please read the rest: http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/021948.html

If only santa clause, the tooth fairy, and the easter bunny were real.. we could have a big party with all of them at once.
Ron Paul isn't going to be President folks, and those of you who think something huge is coming out of the convention are delusional.

Eric21ND
07-12-2008, 08:22 AM
I think a third party run by Paul could've established a permanant third party in American politics. Would he win? no. But we'd all have a party we could join and be proud of instead of the corrupt country club republicans. The vast majority of us were not republicans, and never will be unless Paul was at the helm.