PDA

View Full Version : Comment on Reagan's 1964 speech on YouTube!

nate4ron
07-11-2008, 11:20 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yt1fYSAChxs

As you can see this video is under the user account of gopconvention2008, and there is not a single comment under the video!

We should go ahead and enlighten them by writing comments comparing Ronald Reagan to Ron Paul, based on this very speech that they are presenting under the official GOP YouTube page. Not to mention how it deeply contrasts with John McCain, which the 2008 Republican National Convention will center around.

Fox McCloud
07-11-2008, 11:25 AM
it's a shame that Reagan didn't stick to his original principles--he would have been quite similar to Ron Paul....instead, he went off down some tangent path shortly before he became President (I imagine this is why Ron Paul stopped supporting him so early on).

He was originally for the gold standard (before being Prez), then, when he is Prez, he praises the Fed for bailing out a particular industry...how hypocritical.

nate4ron
07-11-2008, 11:31 AM
Well, the one thing I will admit turned me off about Ronald Reagan is how the religious right piggy-backed on the conservative movement and basically took it over. However, Reagan still held strong libertarian and conservative values. We can't keep comparing everyone to Ron Paul, since Paul's record and consistency is almost impeccable. This is why Bob Barr and Chuck Baldwin are feeling the heat from Ron Paul supporters, who should instead be rallying behind them!

If we're going to cherry-pick issues, we might as well pull a "Neal Boortz". After all, even though Boortz aligned 90% of his views with Paul's, including the controversial ones such as the War on Drugs, he could not support him because of a single issue: the war in Iraq, which distorted and warped his libertarian beliefs about the size of government and foreign policy. At the same time, Boortz supported Mike Huckabee because of a single issue: the Fair Tax. Yet, when confronted about all of Huckabee's liberal and religious policies, Boortz's response was "Oh, no one's perfect!" Hypocrisy, Neal, hypocrisy...

Andrew-Austin
07-11-2008, 11:39 AM
Ah I tried to comment, but it will never make it past moderation.

nate4ron
07-11-2008, 11:53 AM
Ah I tried to comment, but it will never make it past moderation.

No wonder there are 0 comments. It doesn't make sense for a McCain supporter to comment on such a speech.