PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for future Liberty Straw Polls

Bryan
07-10-2008, 10:29 PM
So for the first straw poll I want to keep everything simple to minimize problems, work out the bugs and get everyone introduced to the concept (simple allows people to understand faster, keep their interest and then spread the message.

However, in the future, the sky is the limit- use this thread to post ideas that are outside the scope of the first event for future reference.

One from Bradley that I really like: Instead of a vetting team, have a first round of voting (open to ticket purchasers) to narrow the field to the final seven.

Another: Have a head-to-head bracket like tournament similar to a basketball playoff system.

There have been some others- post them here. :)

Thanks!

Roxi
07-10-2008, 10:42 PM
Another: Have a head-to-head bracket like tournament similar to a basketball playoff system.

i like this one, actually i like both of them but this one made me smile :)

and im going to add the "questions from the audience" idea here too for future polls

Maybe in the "badge" or disclaimer that jay was talking about, or on the broadcast itself, we could say "to ask your own question send a text or IM to....

nayjevin
07-11-2008, 11:55 AM
Put half of all ticket sales in a kitty that gets payed out to next year's crop of candidates. This would put the incentive of gaming the poll monetarily out of question.

nayjevin
07-11-2008, 11:58 AM
Do a straw poll for issues/organizations as well. Provide the platform for groups like Freedoms Ground, BreakTheMatrix, etc who need funding to have 15 minutes of convincing folks to vote for them, then subsequently 'moneybomb' them.

nayjevin
07-11-2008, 12:00 PM
Provide a central donation place for LSP -- and use X amount of funds to purchase 'gift' tickets that would be given to celebrities to vote on their favorite candidate. Send out these 'free' tickets to folks like Drew Carey and Clint Eastwood to raise recognition.