PDA

View Full Version : Rupert Murdoch's son is a Libertarian.

Allen72289
07-10-2008, 01:31 PM
http://www.theadvocates.org/celebrities/lachlan-murdoch.html

:eek:

Uriel999
07-10-2008, 03:51 PM
Lol, well say what you want about Murdoch's media empire, but at least he raised his well. :cool: Meh, who knows how really "libertarian" this guy really is though...

Monolithic
07-10-2008, 04:45 PM
too bad his brother James is the heir to media empire

Mini-Me
07-10-2008, 06:30 PM
Lol, well say what you want about Murdoch's media empire, but at least he raised his well. :cool: Meh, who knows how really "libertarian" this guy really is though...

Your last sentence is exactly what I was thinking...

Kludge
07-10-2008, 07:07 PM

"I don't believe in private property... Rights don't really exist, they're just a type of evolution in our nervous system. We shouldn't be bound by gov't so we can take what we need from others."

votefreedomfirst
07-10-2008, 07:11 PM
too bad his brother James is the heir to media empire

Yeah, and he is a liberal IIRC.

brandon
07-10-2008, 07:14 PM
I bet he's a Bob Barr/Root/Dondero libertarian

Monolithic
07-10-2008, 07:53 PM
Yeah, and he is a liberal IIRC.

i don't remember where you heard that, but i heard james doesn't like to court politicians unlike his father

which is good i guess

tonesforjonesbones
07-10-2008, 09:38 PM
God truely has a sense of humor. Russerts son is a Ron Paul supporter. tones

RSLudlum
07-10-2008, 09:44 PM

didn't Joe Scarborough say the same about his son?

tonesforjonesbones
07-10-2008, 09:46 PM
I think so..is that Good Mornin Joe? tones

brandon
07-10-2008, 09:46 PM

Is he??? source?

tonesforjonesbones
07-10-2008, 09:49 PM
The source is DEAD. He said it on his show when Ron Paul was a guest. TONES

brandon
07-10-2008, 10:00 PM
The source is DEAD. He said it on his show when Ron Paul was a guest. TONES

Well then the source would be the video of the show. I watched it before and Russert never said that.

I think you're thinking of Morning Joe

IRO-bot
07-11-2008, 12:31 PM
It was Joe S's son. He lives in Florida. Joe used to be a Senator or a Representative here. No Ron Paul but pretty good.

Uriel999
07-13-2008, 02:24 AM
Kludge as to that quote, damn if that kid said that and claims to be libertarian he is a dumbass. I didn't see it. Oh and Yeah Joe Scarborough's kids, yeah one was a Ron Paul fan, but a friend of mind cuts all the Scarborough kids hair (I live in pcola) and to quote her "they think their shit don't stink." In other words they are spoiled brats and bitches.

Leroy_Jenkems
07-14-2008, 08:42 PM
Just like Neal Boortz is a Libertarian, and Bill O'Reilly is an independent...:rolleyes:

TheSkeptic
07-14-2008, 09:04 PM
I read an article a while back about Faux News may shift toward a more environmentalist friendly approach, because RM's son (the one that was already slowly taking over) was an environmentalist. Anyone else see this?

mediahasyou
07-16-2008, 11:11 AM

:rolleyes: According to new york times, Obama is libertarian...

Freedom 4 all
07-18-2008, 06:35 PM
Maybe when he takes over FOX, it will stop sucking so horribly and turn into something worth watching. It would be really sick if he kicked off the neoconservatards and brought in libertarian pundits instead.

UnReconstructed
07-19-2008, 08:45 PM
effin' neo-libs...

Turned libertarian just in time for the country to be getting pissed at the dems and repubs.

Scribbler de Stebbing
08-02-2008, 11:39 PM
Here's the tell:

"economically conservative but libertarian on people's individual rights."

"BUT?" Where's the "but" between economically conservative and libertarian on individual rights?

Ah, here it is:

"I think taxes on cigarettes are the most outrageous example of the Nanny State. It would be one thing if every penny went to researching lung cancer . . ."

What he's saying is, he's for neither. Sorry to be hard on the poor boy. At least he has the guts to claim to be libertarian. The first step is admitting. The second step is to read The Road to Serfdom. Or Atlas Shrugged. Or the primer, Economics in One Lesson, Hazlitt.

Carole
08-03-2008, 01:14 PM
He "thinks" he is conservative, but probably is a neocon.

He says he is libertarian on people's individual rights.

It is a bit difficult to separate the two.