PDA

View Full Version : Republicans and FISA

DaveH
07-10-2008, 08:06 AM
As far as I can determine from the voting lists not one single republican Senator voted against the evil FISC bill passed yesterday by the Senate which Bush is eager to sign into law today in the Rose Garden.
Are these the people we're suppose to change?
A half blind idiot can see that this bill destroys the fourth Amendment.
Are we going to take over a bunch of people who don't care about the constitution?
They will use their laws and maneuver themselves into a position that can't be penetrated by ignoring the constitution.
The only way this revolution will work is by physical force. I'm not advocating that and know most of us don't either.
So what do we do?
I think we're kidding ourselves when we think we're going to change the Republican party.

Kotin
07-10-2008, 08:09 AM
I thought the same thing.

not one republican stood up and said no.

not Chuck Hagel, not Dick Lugar.. wtf.

Kade
07-10-2008, 08:10 AM
I think we're kidding ourselves when we think we're going to change the Republican party.

You sir, win.

This has been my ultimate point on here from nearly day one. The GOP is a party of the police state, theocrats, anti-privacy, and professional moralists.

SnappleLlama
07-10-2008, 08:40 AM
We can't change the mindsets of the people already in the GOP. We need to elect some new blood.

Kade
07-10-2008, 09:14 AM
There are two distinct coalitions in both camps that can be taken completely from them.

The coalition of liberals in the Democratic party and the Coalition of Libertarians in the Republican Party.

I think a union-busting, pro-market liberal libertarian can win elected offices in New England.

Something like this: http://www.democraticfreedomcaucus.org/

rockandrollsouls
07-10-2008, 12:00 PM
You sir, win.

This has been my ultimate point on here from nearly day one. The GOP is a party of the police state, theocrats, anti-privacy, and professional moralists.

Like the democrats :o. They are one in the same. Obama voted for it, too. No such thing as a liberal libertarian...it's an oxymoron. Libertarians are for individual liberty...liberals want universal everything.

Kade
07-10-2008, 12:02 PM
Like the democrats :o. They are one in the same. Obama voted for it, too. No such thing as a liberal libertarian...it's an oxymoron. Libertarians are for individual liberty...liberals want universal everything.

There were Democrats who did vote against it you tool.

How many Republicans did?

Theocrat
07-10-2008, 12:05 PM
You sir, win.

Obviously, not all of us theocrats are Republicans. You're right, though. The GOP is too far gone from reformation. We need to work on building up new parties, such as the Constitution and Libertarian Parties.

rockandrollsouls
07-10-2008, 12:19 PM
There were Democrats who did vote against it you tool.

How many Republicans did?

One, don't insult me. Two, many democrats did not vote against it, Obama being one of them. The republicans in the senate do not represent traditional republican values. I don't know how you can go and try to say one party is better than the other....both are pushing to continue the war and violate our rights. All you need to do is look at the voting record. They are in cahoots with each other.

IRO-bot
07-10-2008, 01:16 PM
One, don't insult me. Two, many democrats did not vote against it, Obama being one of them. The republicans in the senate do not represent traditional republican values. I don't know how you can go and try to say one party is better than the other....both are pushing to continue the war and violate our rights. All you need to do is look at the voting record. They are in cahoots with each other.

Obama voted for the FISA bill. Hillary against. Get your facts straight.

Theocrat - With Kotch being a billionaire and putting a lot of money into the LP and nothing came out of it I can't honestly see how a third party will ever make it.

We can hope though.

fr33domfightr
07-10-2008, 01:33 PM
I'm sure the Republicans went to Washinton D.C. with good intentions. What do you believe caused this change? Do you think it had anything to do with 9/11? Do you think it had anything to do with the Anthrax scare? Regarding 9/11, common Americans identified some Arabs that seemed suspicious and reported this to the FBI. It didn't require a FISA Bill. In the end, the FBI still dropped the ball.

FF

rockandrollsouls
07-10-2008, 01:33 PM
Obama voted for the FISA bill. Hillary against. Get your facts straight.

Theocrat - With Kotch being a billionaire and putting a lot of money into the LP and nothing came out of it I can't honestly see how a third party will ever make it.

We can hope though.

Excuse me, but where do you get off? That's what I said if you took the time to read my post. "Many democrats did not vote against it, Obama being one of them." I don't know if you have trouble with sentence comprehension or what, but that says there were democrats that did not vote nay on the FISA bill. Obama was a democrat that did not vote nay on the FISA bill. He voted for it.

Get my facts straight? I have them straight. Get your GED :rolleyes:.

On another note...I guess you haven't seen Barr's recent Zogby Poll numbers. They are relatively high and rising, especially considering he hasn't launched a full on offensive yet.