PDA

View Full Version : Identifying Candidates

Roxi
07-10-2008, 04:58 AM
this thread is for identifying liberty candidates.

If you know of a Candidate running for US Congress that is deserving of our attention please post it here.

also, please post whatever info you can about the candidate; ie... website, background, why you consider them a liberty candidate etc.

(we will have a research team in place soon, to seek out more of these candidates, but we need your help!)

Roxi
07-10-2008, 04:29 PM
ok ill start with BJ Lawson

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=8002926782
www.lawsonforcongress.com

William (B.J.) Lawson is a candidate for the Republican nomination for US Congress in 2008. Growing up in Florida, he came to Durham in 1992 and attended Duke University for undergraduate degrees and continued on to graduate from Duke Medical School in 2000. In 2001, he left his Surgical Residency at Duke University Hospital to cofound MercuryMD, Inc., a health care software company.

B.J.'s primary goal is the promotion and preservation of liberty, prosperity, and peace. These are being lost in the era of big government with $45 trillion in unfunded liabilities, a wreckless foreign policy, an inflationary and unstable monetary system, and a federal government that ignores its Constitutional limits on its power. B.J. is committed to the restoration of free markets, smaller government, sound monetary policy,a non-interventionist foreign policy, protecting civil liberties, securing our borders, and following the Constitution as framed, ratified, and amended by our Founders.

The 15 years that B.J. has spent in District 4 as a physician and entrepreneur and his adept understanding of the issues faced by our country at this time give him a unique perspective and depth of understanding of the community that will prepare him to represent our district in Washington to address the critical issues facing our country.

Roxi
07-10-2008, 04:42 PM
also found these two what do you think?

http://www.libertymaven.com/2008/02/

http://libertycongress.org/blog/

Roxi
07-10-2008, 11:41 PM
ok heres one from missouri

http://www.maddox4congress.com/

from his website:

Less Government, Less Spending

For too many years, our federal government has grown in size and intrusion into our lives. We must begin now to reverse this. The Constitution gives a place for the federal government, and a place for local government, but has stepped beyond those lines. Many areas of federal government need to be changed, closed, or greatly restricted. The Department of Education, for instance, intrudes on local control. The IRS has become an onerous and intrusive institution and it needs to be replaced, along with the massive societal logjam of tax regulations. The range of power that Homeland Security possesses is frightening. We used to have a War Department, but renamed it the Defense Department, but now that we have separated the functions by merging so many very different agencies, perhaps our departments need to be renamed--and redefined while we are at it. The Founding Fathers gave us the 10th Amendment in order to limit the scope of the federal government and leave many of the powers of government closer to home, closer to where we live. We need to rediscover this valuable idea.

Roxi
07-10-2008, 11:46 PM
ok heres one from missouri

http://www.maddox4congress.com/

from his website:

Less Government, Less Spending

For too many years, our federal government has grown in size and intrusion into our lives. We must begin now to reverse this. The Constitution gives a place for the federal government, and a place for local government, but has stepped beyond those lines. Many areas of federal government need to be changed, closed, or greatly restricted. The Department of Education, for instance, intrudes on local control. The IRS has become an onerous and intrusive institution and it needs to be replaced, along with the massive societal logjam of tax regulations. The range of power that Homeland Security possesses is frightening. We used to have a War Department, but renamed it the Defense Department, but now that we have separated the functions by merging so many very different agencies, perhaps our departments need to be renamed--and redefined while we are at it. The Founding Fathers gave us the 10th Amendment in order to limit the scope of the federal government and leave many of the powers of government closer to home, closer to where we live. We need to rediscover this valuable idea.

Roxi
07-10-2008, 11:50 PM
and another

http://greglewisforcongress.com/

from his site

Greg's Promises
Politicians are usually very vague about what they will or will not actually do in office. Well I do not want to be a “politician”; I am an irate and informed citizen who is tired of the whole system. I am tired of the lies, corruption, disregard for the constitution, and the destruction of ideals I was taught as a child that this nation stood for. I will tell you, the American people, exactly what I will and will not do in Washington as your representative in Congress.

As your Congressman I will:

* Be the most conservative member of Congress
* Never vote to raise taxes
* Never waste your tax dollars
* Never vote for an unbalanced budget
* Never vote to raise congressional pay
* End the taxation of Social Security benefits
* Never take a government-paid junket
* Not participate in the lucrative congressional pension plan
* Fight to end the unpatriotic Patriot Act
* Secure our borders immediately
* End illegal immigration
* End welfare for illegal aliens
* Oppose amnesty
* Vote to enforce visa rules
* End "birthright" citizenship for illegal aliens
* Never vote to regulate the internet
* Oppose any increase in the power of the executive branch or the size of the federal government
* Put education back in the hands of parents and the community
* Support home-schooling
* Vote to end the tax on tips
* Fight the IRS
* Fight the Federal Reserve
* Be a watch-dog, whistle-blower, and enforcer of accountability
* Defend American sovereignty by halting the “North American Union”.
* Never allow American law to be superseded by international bodies
* Defend the Second Amendment
* Negate Roe v Wade, allowing the states to decide
* Fight to define life as beginning at conception
* Never allow an American soldier to be tried by the International Criminal Court
* Vote to stop policing the world and engaging in nation building
* Fight for less government, lower taxes, and more liberty
* Defend the Constitution

Roxi
07-13-2008, 12:16 AM
delete

Roxi
07-13-2008, 12:35 AM
the following is a list of candidates i have thus far found to be "liberty candidates"

the ones in bold are Ron Paul candidates, meaning they are either supporters, endorsed, or ran because of RP. if they aren't in bold they are considered liberty candidates but i haven't been able to prove RP status yet :D

still working!

AK U.S. Senate Bob Bird Alaskan Independence

AK U.S. Senate David Cuddy Republican

AZ U.S. House 2 Trent Franks Republican

AZ U.S. House 3 John Shadegg Republican

AZ U.S. House 6 Jeff Flake Republican

CA U.S. House 26 Ted Brown Libertarian

CA U.S. House 52 Michael Benoit Libertarian

CO U.S. House 1 George Lilly Republican

CT U.S. House 2 Dan Reale L

FL U.S. House 15 Dale Cardwell NPA

GA U.S. Senate Allen Buckley L

IA U.S. House 2 Mariannette Miller-Meeks

IL U.S. House 6 Peter Roskam Republican

IL U.S. House 10 Allen Stevo Republican

IL U.S. House 14 Dan Druck L

IL U.S. House 17 Troy R. Dennis R

IN U.S. House 6 Mike Pence Republican

IN U.S. House 9 Dr. Eric Schansberg L

KS U.S. House 4 Todd Tiahrt Republican

LA U.S. House 6 Peter Vidrine (Lost) Republican

MA U.S. House 7 John Cunningham Republican

MD U.S. House 2 Richard Matthews (WON) Republican -

MD U.S. House 4 Peter James Republican

MD U.S. House 5 Collins Bailey (WON) Republican

MD U.S. House 7 Michael Hargadon (WON) Republican

MI U.S. House 1 Linda Goldthorpe Republican

MI U.S. House 7 Sharon Renier Democratic

MI U.S. House 11 Ted McAvoy Republican

MO U.S. House 6 Dave Browning Libertarian

MO U.S. House 7 Travis Maddox Constitution

MS U.S. House 4 John McCay, III (WON) Republican

NC U.S. House 4 William Lawson, Jr. (WON) Republican

NE U.S. House 1 Peter Bearse Independent

NV U.S. House 1 Chris Dyer Republican

NV U.S. House 2 John Everhart Independent

NV U.S. House 2 James Smack Republican

NV U.S. House 3 Carl Bunce Republican

NY U.S. House 25 David Gay Constitution

NY U.S. House 21 Steven Vasquez Republican

NY U.S. House 2 John Bugler Republican

NY U.S. House 20 John Wallace - Republican

OH U.S. House 1 Steven Chabot Republican

OH U.S. House 4 James Jordan Republican

OR U.S. House 3 Delia Lopez, Mrs. Republican

OR U.S. House 4 Jaynee Germond Democratic

TN U.S. House 1 Michael Donihe Democratic

TN U.S. House 1 David Roe

TN U.S. House 1 Mahmood Sabri Republican

TN U.S. House 3 Teresa Sheppard Republican

TN U.S. House 2 John Duncan, Jr. Republican

TX U.S. House 18 Mike Taylor Libertarian

TX U.S. House 21 Dan Zavorka C

TX U.S. House 24 David Casey Libertarian

WA U.S. House 3 Michael Delavar Republican

WA U.S. House 5 Kurt Erickson Republican

amy31416
07-13-2008, 12:46 AM
Not a single candidate in PA, bleh.

RSLudlum
07-13-2008, 12:47 AM
SC U.S. Senate Bob Conley (D)

He left the Republican party in 2000 to join the Reform Party then this past year joined the Horry County (SC) Republican Party getting an executive commitee position to support Ron Paul's campaign, then he jumped ship to the Dem party and won the nomination to go against Graham. He's worth taking a look at and supporting.

http://aimhighwithbob.com/

nayjevin
07-13-2008, 11:34 PM
bump

princessredtights
07-14-2008, 08:38 AM
If one were putting together a "Liberty Voters Guide" (of sorts) ... by what standards would one measure the candidates? (it would be sponsored by the local "Campaign for Liberty" group)

I know I would check how they voted (if applicable) for the Patriot Act, War on Iraq, Fisa -

What else?

Thanks -

Karen

Roxi
07-15-2008, 09:30 PM
the ron-paul-o-meter works pretty well. if i had ANYONE volunteering to help with research i would probably set up a grading system, and then ask for opinions on what to add/nix, which im going to do anyway but that will come when i compile the list completely.

Roxi
07-19-2008, 05:46 AM
ok i have the contact list ready...

if anyone has ANY MORE CANDIDATES they know could be included on this list PLEASE let me know within the next week before the letters get sent out

scrosnoe
07-28-2008, 08:49 PM
Oklahoma - Gary Casey for Senate; Andrew Winningham for House
Idaho - Jim Hollingsworth

will post more detail soon - working on Oklahoma Primary vote July 29th right now!

Imperial
07-28-2008, 09:23 PM
I know a female candidate from Oregon(not sure which one) is primaried, if that is any help.

And as far as I know, David Gay is running as a Libertarian.

Dick Heller is running for Libertarian Congress delegate in DC. He was the one in the Supreme Court decision.

Jim Burkee is running in...Illinois? I think? He is endorsed by a few different groups. Check him out at liberty candidates on this board.

libertyVI
07-29-2008, 09:35 AM
Scotty Boman (L) for US Senate in Michigan. He's looking to run a pretty serious race from what I can tell, but he'd need more money...

www.boman08.com

acptulsa
07-29-2008, 09:39 AM
Oklahoma - Gary Casey for Senate; Andrew Winningham for House

Both outstanding Liberty Values Coalition candidates, but those would be State Senate and State House, respectively.

P.S. IIRC! In any case, Gary is definitely running for the state legislature.

raystone
07-29-2008, 11:28 AM
WI U.S. House 5 James Burkee (incumbent Sessenbrenner)

I Hate Republicrats
08-07-2008, 07:59 PM
For Washington State Legislature
Laura Carder, 3rd LD
Matt Shea, 4th LD
Peter Davenport 7th LD

Oops, wrong place for this but I can't figure out how to delete it.:o