PDA

View Full Version : Obama Votes Yes, Hillary Votes No on FISA Amendments

Knightskye
07-09-2008, 07:53 PM
http://www.govtrack.us/congress/vote.xpd?vote=s2008-168

Interesting. I wonder why Hillary voted against it. Maybe she wanted to make Barack look bad.

ItsTime
07-09-2008, 08:01 PM
or she wanted to play the ying yang to get the VP slot

kombayn
07-09-2008, 08:45 PM
Obama/Clinton
McCain/Romney

It's a dream-come true for any 3rd party candidate. The Evangelicals and Anti-Clinton Obama Supporters will be completely disenfranchised. Now all we have to do is get the 10% for Ralph Nader & Bob Barr in separate national polls and then the two-party system will be having a nightmare at the Google/YouTube debate.

RonPaulFanInGA
07-09-2008, 09:16 PM
Obama Votes Yes.....on FISA Amendments

Now that's 'change we can believe in'! :rolleyes:

Knightskye
07-09-2008, 10:03 PM
Now that's 'change we can believe in'! :rolleyes:

America won't be changing, but Obama sure will! :D

EDIT: 1776th post!

BenIsForRon
07-09-2008, 11:07 PM
A funny comment I just saw on RawStory said, "When are we going to have a boston AT&T party?"

How would we do it? Rip up phone lines and throw them in the Boston Harbor?

Knightskye
07-10-2008, 01:09 AM
A funny comment I just saw on RawStory said, "When are we going to have a boston AT&T party?"

How would we do it? Rip up phone lines and throw them in the Boston Harbor?

Nah, dude, chuck phone books in the Harbor. :D

Patrick_Henry
07-10-2008, 07:40 AM
http://www.govtrack.us/congress/vote.xpd?vote=s2008-168

Interesting. I wonder why Hillary voted against it. Maybe she wanted to make Barack look bad.

All the Democrats that voted against it did it for the same reason, and let me assure you it was not because they wanted to protect our precious liberties. It was completely political. They wanted to allow lawyers to go after anyone who helped out Bush so they would look like the good guys in the next election. If they got their amendment through which would have taken off the immunity, the bill would have passed with almost full support by the Democrats.