PDA

View Full Version : Should we use fear?

Sematary
08-28-2007, 11:05 AM
Fear has served the current administration, and past administrations, well. They have used it to keep a willing populace in line while they go about their dastardly business.

Do you think we could/should do the same? I'm thinking of a video - the great depression (pics), stormtroopers, etc... - our future (imo) if we don't win this election.

constituent
08-28-2007, 11:06 AM
who is your target market?

Marceline88
08-28-2007, 11:08 AM
I vote......NO.

Sematary
08-28-2007, 11:09 AM
who is your target market?

Since the video would be on youtube - it would be the younger generation - those who are looking down the barrel of our economic policies.

risiusj
08-28-2007, 11:10 AM
We could pitch the fear idea in the way that we are going to go bankrupt, sooner rather than later.
You could go further and show how Bush has readied this nation to become a police state through the Patriot Act, Military Commissions Act, and a ton of Executive Orders.

Green Mountain Boy
08-28-2007, 11:10 AM
Fear is the path to the dark side...

Kregener
08-28-2007, 11:12 AM
I cannot speak for anybody but me, but fear was a HUGE motivating factor in guiding my political leanings.

Fear of "our" government run amok.

Fear of national bankruptcy.

Fear for my children, their safety, security and future.

Fear of the loss of liberty and freedom that has crept upon us like a thief in the night over the last 80 years.

Fear of tyranny and oppression.

Fear of evil over good.

If people do NOT have fear, then I can only guess they are just playing a political game for hoots and giggles.

Sematary
08-28-2007, 11:12 AM
Fear is the path to the dark side...

I think the American public NEEDS to be scared. They are complacent and uninvolved, not realizing that their very apathy is what the government needs and wants, in order to accomplish it's goals of a NAU and a totalitarian state.

Razmear
08-28-2007, 11:19 AM
Id say go for it, use any method possible to show that we need to have Ron Paul as President.

gravesdav
08-28-2007, 11:24 AM
I vote no on fear. Everyone who is awake in the freedom movement is voting for Ron Paul. We have to look mainstream, while still moving toward change. Keep it positive of what will be better when Ron Paul is elected. Remember our slogan is HOPE for America

ladyliberty
08-28-2007, 11:24 AM
The youtube video of Hillary Clinton with Hitler in the background made my father cry. He lived through World War II. Another one with Hillary on a large screen Ala Big Brother, also deeply upset him. We watch youtube more than the television for our entertainment,

I think if you are going to be successful, you need to also show some optimism - when Ron Paul is elected we will return to our most prosperous era ever - think the 1950s Eisenhower years. Kids riding their bikes and playing on the playground again without fear, people having picnics and parades, that sort of thing.

Sematary
08-28-2007, 11:27 AM
The youtube video of Hillary Clinton with Hitler in the background made my father cry. He lived through World War II. Another one with Hillary on a large screen Ala Big Brother, also deeply upset him. We watch youtube more than the television for our entertainment,

I think if you are going to be successful, you need to also show some optimism - when Ron Paul is elected we will return to our most prosperous era ever - think the 1950s Eisenhower years. Kids riding their bikes and playing on the playground again without fear, people having picnics and parades, that sort of thing.

good call

constituent
08-28-2007, 11:27 AM
probably more powerful would be to show fear AS marketing rather than fear OF something...

then show ron paul as the alternative.

People aren't really afraid. fear is a commercial, a commercial for war, the state and obedience.

use the actions of those who run the world against them... use their affinity for fear as a tool.....

just look around at our world, there are plenty of examples. fear is the greatest, most fiendish method of warfare ever divised. our entire nation has been conquered by fear, something no amount of death, destruction, government intrusion could ever have done to the people of Iraq.

michaelwise
08-28-2007, 11:28 AM
I would like to see a video showing how the Privately Owned Federal Reserve Bank Corporation has mismanaged our economy. Emphasizing the Feds recent debacles, the Dot-Com bust and our current housing bust, and the severe devaluation of our currency causing inflation. Many families have have been financially destroyed in our current housing bust.

risiusj
08-28-2007, 11:29 AM
I haven't seen the Hitler/Hillary one.
Link?

Green Mountain Boy
08-28-2007, 11:32 AM
I think the American public NEEDS to be scared. They are complacent and uninvolved, not realizing that their very apathy is what the government needs and wants, in order to accomplish it's goals of a NAU and a totalitarian state.

I cannot speak for anybody but me, but fear was a HUGE motivating factor in guiding my political leanings.

Fear of "our" government run amok.

Fear of national bankruptcy.

Fear for my children, their safety, security and future.

Fear of the loss of liberty and freedom that has crept upon us like a thief in the night over the last 80 years.

Fear of tyranny and oppression.

Fear of evil over good.

If people do NOT have fear, then I can only guess they are just playing a political game for hoots and giggles.

I am not afraid.

You don't have to be afraid to in order to be angry over what is going on in our country. I am sick of the lies, sick of the game, sick of the system, but is does not make me afraid.

We need people who are able to march into battle unafraid, not those who are paralyzed by fear.

paulitics
08-28-2007, 11:35 AM
Fear of tyrrany: We have lost 90% of our constitutional rights, every American should be afraid. This is a documented fact, laid out in the patriotic act, military comissions act, john warner defense act, and so forth. Unfortunately most Americans do not know that they are no longer free. If they did, Ron Paul would win in a landslide.

This message needs to be delivered, and sometimes you do need to instill fear for it to sink in. People are too complacent to give a darn. Sometimes I think this is why AJ or Aaron Russo has had some success waking people up. They were very aggressive, not holding any punches, in delivering the message. A dry message would not seem urgent enough, and would go over people's heads. The majority of people do not think intellectually, only emotionally. If people thought intellectually, there is no way in hell the elite would have got away with what they have for so long.
Sad but true.

JMann
08-28-2007, 11:36 AM
The current administration is about as popular as highway in armadillo country (my best attempt at a Ratherism). So I would say no to the fear. I'm at a lost at why more candidates don't use the 1984 Reagan model of overwhelming optimism. Didn't he win 49 states? Clinton used and optimistic message in 1996 as well. I understand that they were incumbents but this race is very different with no incumbent or VP running.

I say go with a 'Building a Bridge' or 'Morning in America' type theme. I say RP is on the right track with 'Freedom, Peace and Prosperity' but I would even ramp that up by adding that America's best days are ahead. I pretty sure people are sick of the years of Clinton attacks, the outright hatred that people express towards Bush (who, personally, still has high approvals even after 7 years of hate speech directed at him). I say go so positive that Paul makes Reagan seem pessimistic.

cjhowe
08-28-2007, 11:41 AM
The current administration is about as popular as highway in armadillo country (my best attempt at a Ratherism). So I would say no to the fear. I'm at a lost at why more candidates don't use the 1984 Reagan model of overwhelming optimism. Didn't he win 49 states? Clinton used and optimistic message in 1996 as well. I understand that they were incumbents but this race is very different with no incumbent or VP running.

I say go with a 'Building a Bridge' or 'Morning in America' type theme. I say RP is on the right track with 'Freedom, Peace and Prosperity' but I would even ramp that up by adding that America's best days are ahead. I pretty sure people are sick of the years of Clinton attacks, the outright hatred that people express towards Bush (who, personally, still has high approvals even after 7 years of hate speech directed at him). I say go so positive that Paul makes Reagan seem pessimistic.

+1