PDA

View Full Version : What do you plan to accomplish?

Scofield
07-09-2008, 12:47 PM
What is the reason for this March? What is everyone expecting to accomplish my marching around Washington?

I support this march 100%, but I'm unsure how anyone can actually believe any type of change will occur because of it. I support Ron Paul, the Campaign for Liberty, this march, and basically anything else you can list in the name of Liberty; however, I don't see what we can accomplish by walking around DC.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protests_against_the_2003_Iraq_war

A list of about fifty (pure estimation, I don't feel like counting them all) protests against the War, and by my calculations, we've been in Iraq for over five years. How is peaceful protesting helping our cause?

According to the French academic Dominique Reynié, between January 3 and April 12, 2003, 36 million people across the globe took part in almost 3,000 protests against the Iraq war

I am honestly beginning to think Ghandi's way of protesting won't work. We won't get change until blood is shed, and the only bloodshed I fear we will ever see, is that of our soldiers who are dying in this war that so many oppose.

Edit:
February 15, 2003

Millions of people protested, in approximately 800 cities around the world. Listed by the 2004 Guinness Book of Records as the largest protest in human history, protests occurred among others in the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Germany, Switzerland, Ireland, the United States, Canada, Australia, South Africa, Syria, India, Russia, South Korea, Japan, and even McMurdo Station in Antarctica. The largest demonstration this day occurred in London, where 2,000,000 protesters gathered in Hyde Park; speakers included the Reverend Jesse Jackson, London mayor Ken Livingstone, and Liberal Democrats leader Charles Kennedy.

RickyJ
07-09-2008, 01:25 PM
What is everyone expecting to accomplish my marching around Washington?

Surrender of the ruling elite immediately.

Danke
07-09-2008, 01:33 PM
Surrender of the ruling elite immediately.

Yes, I heard the flights out of DC on Friday are booked!

RickyJ
07-09-2008, 01:58 PM
Yes, I heard the flights out of DC on Friday are booked!

They can run but they can't escape. We have people everywhere. :D

Penfold1@gmail.com
07-10-2008, 01:38 AM
I honestly think they are afraid we are all coming.

BagOfEyebrows
07-10-2008, 06:11 AM
recharging the battery - tapping into the power source of each other and getting juiced.

Renewable energy at its finest - letting DC folks know that we still respect the Constitutions of the United States of America (state and federal), even if they have been horribly manipulated away from respecting the rule of law and the principles behind, above, left and right of everything our government is supposed to do and not do.

Reminding them of who they are actually supposed to be representing. Reminding them of an oath they made.

Making a visible statement of sincere greeting and firm and fair warning. Giving them a chance to learn what they have not been taught correctly - the Constitutions. Abide, honor and respect - or get voted out.

that's what I'm hoping to accomplish -

RickyJ
07-10-2008, 08:40 AM
I honestly think they are afraid we are all coming.

Where two or more or gathered together he will be there with us. We have the greatest power in the universe on our side, they should be afraid.