PDA

View Full Version : War Powers Commission

polomertz
07-09-2008, 12:10 PM
I did a quick search and didn't see this mentioned here so I'll post. I know our stance is to restore The Constitution and return all War Powers to Congress (including declaring national emergencies.) However, it seems that these old timers on the commission (who were in in various defense & state department positions during our worst foreign policy years ever) are riding that wave and trying to steer us the wrong way. They want to change the original law & make it legal for The President to take us to war except all he has to do is consult with a few members of Congress beforehand. If they just looked at our campaign, they'd realize we already did a study on this and we concluded the solution is to just follow what's already written in The Constitution!

Finally, this issue is on one of the front burners, and people are once again idiots. Get out there and post up the wazoo on these stories. Most of them don't know what they're talking about. Some articles are actually good but most just hang from the nuts of the Commission.

http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&tab=wn&q=National+war+powers+commission
(this link is a search and will change with time)