PDA

View Full Version : A message from the campaign on Philly

Sematary
08-28-2007, 10:24 AM
I have been in touch with a few different people in the campaign about the Philly rally, with the main contact being a woman named Amanda Lee. The responses started coming after I contacted Jeff Frazee about the lack of response from the campaign on this issue. But, really, this is neither here nor there.

Here is the Gist of what I am getting at this point.

The campaign is extremely overworked (Good and bad at the same time).
The campaign is aware of the event at all levels
Amanda tells me that November will be on the agenda in a couple of weeks (mid September, she said). What this essentially means is that they haven't started booking for November (I already knew that because I looked at their calendar online). She told me that November looks far better than October. (that's why we started this well in advance).
There are several people, including myself, who are working on this and we all expect a positive outcome. The campaign seem amenable to the date and the concept from what I can tell and I am now getting the feeling that they are taking this seriously.

We will keep you updated as events warrant but there is reason for optimism in what we are hearing now and as soon as Dr. Paul is committed by the campaign, it will be much easier to book other speakers. :)

Sematary
08-28-2007, 11:03 AM
bump

bc2208
08-28-2007, 11:04 AM
Nice to hear that.

rich34
08-28-2007, 11:05 AM
That's great news man! I just want to thank you for all the hard work your doing!

bc2208
08-28-2007, 11:05 AM
Did they by any chance offer to give you any money that you had to put up in advance?

Green Mountain Boy
08-28-2007, 11:06 AM
Did they by any chance offer to give you any money that you had to put up in advance?

I think that would be illegal.

Sematary
08-28-2007, 11:10 AM

???

bc2208
08-28-2007, 11:12 AM
Did you get to $1000 already? I hadn't been following - didn't know if they were going to help pay for the event.

Sematary
08-28-2007, 11:21 AM
Did you get to $1000 already? I hadn't been following - didn't know if they were going to help pay for the event.

Yes, we got the money. The campaign cannot help.

Cowlesy
08-28-2007, 11:27 AM
Get corporate sponsors...D.G. Yuengling & Sons maybe? Coca-Cola?

I guess the important delineations here will be between a "Freedom Rally" and a "Ron Paul Rally". I'm not a lawyer but I guess Corporate sponsors would be out of the question if their contributions would be in-kind to Ron Paul.

You know---you should check out Hannity's Freedom Concert rallys and see how they were sponsored--that may help with funding to model the paths to cash from that event.

Sematary
08-28-2007, 11:28 AM
Get corporate sponsors...D.G. Yuengling & Sons maybe? Coca-Cola?

I guess the important delineations here will be between a "Freedom Rally" and a "Ron Paul Rally". I'm not a lawyer but I guess Corporate sponsors would be out of the question if their contributions would be in-kind to Ron Paul.

You know---you should check out Hannity's Freedom Concert rallys and see how they were sponsored--that may help with funding to model the paths to cash from that event.

We want to keep this a completely grassroots thing.

ODU_Truth
08-28-2007, 11:40 AM
Great news Bob keep it up :)