PDA

View Full Version : Mike Hargadon Serves Elijah Cummings

zadrock
07-09-2008, 10:15 AM
Dr. Mike goes to his opponent's Catonsville office to petition him for redress of grievances.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4neLLo6Fli4

This was done in conjunction with the We The People Foundation. For more information, go to http://www.givemeliberty.org/revolution/

Learn more about Dr. Mike at www.hargadonforuscongress.com

Z

Romantarchist
07-09-2008, 08:52 PM
Cool video. :) I know Mike Hargadon's competing in a very Democratic district, so how good do you think his chances are?

zadrock
07-09-2008, 09:44 PM
Cool video. :) I know Mike Hargadon's competing in a very Democratic district, so how good do you think his chances are?

Thanks, I was the cameraman. :)

I absolutely believe that we can win. Will we? I don't know. Yes, the odds are against us, but that doesn't mean we can't win. Let's remember some things - Congress' approval rating is just 9% (NINE!). If we can give the voters a compelling reason to vote for someone else, I think many of them will. (And anyone with RP's platform has many compelling reasons to vote for them!)

So I think his chances are very dependent on our effectiveness in getting the message out. Most Democrats' knee-jerk reaction is to recoil in horror at the prospect of voting Republican (and rightfully so, thank you very much GWB and friends...)

But most Democrats become open to voting for him if they actually listen to his positions. I'm a former Democrat myself. The question is how much time, how much money and what other kinds of resources can we dedicate to this? We've got about a dozen committee members, all with full-time jobs, working for Mike completely on a volunteer basis. (I'm sure this is true of many RP-related campaigns.) I'm so proud of everyone on our team and the truth is that Mike is working hardest of all, out on the campaign trail, but at the same time, he's still "drillin', fillin', and billin'" as he puts it. :)

The long-term good news is that a number of people involved in the campaign are young - in their 20s and 30s - so the campaign will continue regardless of the outcome. And even if we lose, we can send a message if we get 45 or even 40% of the vote. People will take notice of that, and we'll have a full two years to prepare for the next election.

But we're not thinking of those scenarios now, because we're gonna WIN!! :D

(Sorry if this answer seemed excessive. I think I needed to vent. :p )

Z