PDA

View Full Version : Mixed Coverage on C-SPAN

zade
07-08-2008, 09:14 PM
I just thought i'd let you know, on some kind of C-Span discussion group today dealing with the activity of young voters, Dr. Paul came up as an important part of the conversation.

They mentioned that on the republican side, Paul drew the most young people, along with Huckabee who drew young evangelicals. But of course they can never mention Ron without ridiculing:

"You may laugh, but Ron Paul had a large number of devoted young followers"

They also contrasted Ron's small government conservativism with Huckabee's big government "conservatism" (at least they were intelligent enough to make the contrast). The question was posed of which direction the republican party should go in, Huckabee's or Paul's and it was concluded that Paul's version is more appealing to young voters, which was positive.

However, again they can't say anything positive about Ron without throwing in the token eye-roller:

"Monetery policy and gold are a big issue for Paul. It's funny because that's such an old-time issue"

overall mixed coverage ;)

Bruno
07-08-2008, 09:17 PM
Yeah, gold is an old time issue. About 6000 years old and still holding her value. ;)

SLSteven
07-08-2008, 09:19 PM
Yeah, gold is an old time issue. About 6000 years old and still holding her value. ;)

Yeah...who cares about gold?

berrybunches
07-08-2008, 09:23 PM
I just thought i'd let you know, on some kind of C-Span discussion group today dealing with the activity of young voters, Dr. Paul came up as an important part of the conversation.

They mentioned that on the republican side, Paul drew the most young people, along with Huckabee who drew young evangelicals. But of course they can never mention Ron without ridiculing:

They also contrasted Ron's small government conservativism with Huckabee's big government "conservatism" (at least they were intelligent enough to make the contrast). The question was posed of which direction the republican party should go in, Huckabee's or Paul's and it was concluded that Paul's version is more appealing to young voters, which was positive.

However, again they can't say anything positive about Ron without throwing in the token eye-roller:

"Monetery policy and gold are a big issue for Paul. It's funny because that's such an old-time issue"

The fact that there was coverage at all and they are GETTING IT is awesome! I really hope we make a dent and I think with the convention we will.
The thought of a 72 year old grandpa causing a major anti-government youth movement is somewhat funny if you think about it. I think they are just jealous they won't have a rock star presence when they are his age. Screw em. They are still talking about him is what counts.

fr33domfightr
07-09-2008, 12:18 AM
The next time they talk about Gold, someone should whip out the Pocket Constitution and read it. Our money was made out of Gold & Silver for a reason, not just for the hell of it!!! After reading the Constitution, they should pull out the writeup Alan Greenspan did about the Gold Standard. All those laughing faces will probably just shut their pie hole!!

FF

jonahtrainer
07-09-2008, 12:22 AM

Yeah, that is why the old timers are going to get schooled by the youngins who are smart enough to understand the power of gold and the Internet (http://www.mygoldmoney.com). The old timers are already getting their pension and retirement funds chewed up and spit out. I wonder how much more pain they want to take with their pride.

fr33domfightr
07-09-2008, 09:40 AM
Yeah, that is why the old timers are going to get schooled by the youngins who are smart enough to understand the power of gold and the Internet (http://www.mygoldmoney.com). The old timers are already getting their pension and retirement funds chewed up and spit out. I wonder how much more pain they want to take with their pride.

I think you might have misunderstood something. The *really* old timers used to carry gold & silver in their pocket, my father was one of them. It's the *baby boomer* old timers that don't have a clue.

FF

Jeremy
07-09-2008, 09:45 AM
Both Paul and Huckabee had better grassroots than even Obama. Obviously, though, Paul's was much larger than Huckabee's and should be around more since it's based on philosophy more. At least both groups (of the future GOP) are anti-IRS. =)

mconder
07-09-2008, 11:29 AM

Judging by the current financial crisis, one would think it's an issue that deserve to be revisited.

Eric21ND
07-09-2008, 11:41 AM
sounds interesting...if they show it again let us know.

HOLLYWOOD
07-09-2008, 01:10 PM

"Monetary policy and gold are a big issue for Paul. It's funny because that's such an old-time issue"

Who was the HOST? If it was Peter Slen, Senior Executive Producer, C-SPAN, he down right HATES Ron Paul and cuts any Ron Paul call-in supporter off. I would expect this sarcasm from C-SPAN. He's the worst moderator on C-SPAN's, Washington Journal.

Airborn
07-09-2008, 07:12 PM
VIDEO:

http://www.redlasso.com/ClipPlayer.aspx?id=752187b1-3270-4b04-9886-118ec06c329e

constituent
07-09-2008, 07:13 PM
VIDEO:

http://www.redlasso.com/ClipPlayer.aspx?id=752187b1-3270-4b04-9886-118ec06c329e

where you been? good to see you!

Airborn
07-09-2008, 07:22 PM
where you been? good to see you!

I was out of state working for a while. While still checking the board for news from time to time. I'm home now and glad to see the board is still active!