PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys think about this project for CFL?

wgadget
07-08-2008, 07:01 PM
The satisfaction rate for Congress is at only 9%.

Everyone I meet wants to vote out the incumbents. Is this something we could take on at a national level? I'm talking about signs and t-shirts made to use during marches and lit drops. The message? VOTE OUT THE INCUMBENTS.

It has been said that SOLIDARITY among the PEOPLE is the worst nightmare for the politicians. A group like CFL seems to be the perfect instrument to attract people of perhaps slightly different political persuasions and issues, and an effort like this could really increase our membership and our clout.

What do you guys think? Ready to take it to the streets? Would such a campaign be illegal? I can't imagine, but I guess it's possible....

votefreedomfirst
07-08-2008, 07:19 PM
Unfortunately, most everybody who rates Congress poorly thinks that their representative is OK.

Still, the political climate is at a point where we may be able to make inroads. However, we will only win with candidates who are credible in the eyes of the media (and therefore the public). That means that they're running as a major party nominee in a competitive district, they're well-funded, and they have relevant political experience (city council, state representative, county commissioner -- anything along those lines). The last prerequisite is why I think we should focus on the local and state level first, and develop future leaders and future credible candidates for federal office.

AJ Antimony
07-08-2008, 07:28 PM
What would be best is to use Obama's message of change to get people to not only get rid of incumbents, but also to elect third parties/independents instead.

And I'd imagine this would have to be a huge 50 state project so people in North Carolina for example could see what their Reps have done and get mad at them.

Simply saying "Vote Independent!" won't do the trick. But telling people "Don't reelect our Congressman! He voted FOR Bush immunity!" will have better luck.

newbitech
07-08-2008, 07:30 PM
Unfortunately, most everybody who rates Congress poorly thinks that their representative is OK.

Still, the political climate is at a point where we may be able to make inroads. However, we will only win with candidates who are credible in the eyes of the media (and therefore the public). That means that they're running as a major party nominee in a competitive district, they're well-funded, and they have relevant political experience (city council, state representative, county commissioner -- anything along those lines). The last prerequisite is why I think we should focus on the local and state level first, and develop future leaders and credible candidates for federal office.

are you basically saying take over the media? On your first point, while true, I think that is silly and doesn't discredit the O.P.'s idea. You backed that up with your next point. I think the C4L is a great place to start on bringing people together to send a "non-partisan" message like "vote out the incumbents" don't you?

Also check out break the matrix . com - truth unplugged

hypnagogue
07-08-2008, 07:32 PM
This is exactly how I've been thinking. Turning the people against the two major parties will be much easier than convincing them to support any particular candidate. It's a two step process; expose the republicrats for what they are, and when the people go searching for an alternative, we're ready to make our case that we offer a step in the right direction. I've even put together a poster... though I've yet to print up a batch.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v102/vexator/postercopy.jpg

Bryan
07-08-2008, 07:37 PM
Here's what you're looking for:
http://www.firecongress.org

Join or start a meet-up:
http://firecongress.meetup.com

:)

IPSecure
07-08-2008, 07:37 PM
Sweet! But, we will need a 'slogan' to repeat, and make it mainstream... Similar to the candidates 'borrowing' Dr. Paul's words of wisdom...

votefreedomfirst
07-08-2008, 07:42 PM
are you basically saying take over the media? On your first point, while true, I think that is silly and doesn't discredit the O.P.'s idea. You backed that up with your next point. I think the C4L is a great place to start on bringing people together to send a "non-partisan" message like "vote out the incumbents" don't you?

Also check out break the matrix . com - truth unplugged

You're right, we should take over the media! Although that's not really what I was trying to say. I like the slogan, but it's empty without presenting a credible alternative. The status-quo politicians have enacted a myriad of legislation that effectively serves to protect their incumbency. If we are to wrestle Congress away from them, it's not going to be easy. We will have to put up candidates that are "acceptable" to the establishment yet when in power are able to maintain, and articulate, a strictly limited government perspective (and voting record).

wgadget
07-08-2008, 07:50 PM
Sweet! But, we will need a 'slogan' to repeat, and make it mainstream... Similar to the candidates 'borrowing' Dr. Paul's words of wisdom...

"When in doubt, vote them OUT."

One nice thing about this is that we don't have to focus on any specific candidate. It's really quite simple...."When in doubt, vote them OUT."

I suppose they could thwart us by not putting the little (I) for incumbent on the ballots....hmmmm.

newbitech
07-08-2008, 07:50 PM
"When in doubt, vote them OUT."

One nice thing about this is that we don't have to focus on any specific candidate. It's really quite simple...."When in doubt, vote them OUT."

I suppose they could thwart us by not putting the little (I) for incumbent on the ballots....hmmmm.

you might be on to something really hot here.

wgadget
07-08-2008, 07:51 PM
This is exactly how I've been thinking. Turning the people against the two major parties will be much easier than convincing them to support any particular candidate. It's a two step process; expose the republicrats for what they are, and when the people go searching for an alternative, we're ready to make our case that we offer a step in the right direction. I've even put together a poster... though I've yet to print up a batch.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v102/vexator/postercopy.jpg

AWESOME poster!!

hypnagogue
07-08-2008, 07:54 PM
PM if you want a full size version for printing.