PDA

View Full Version : Does your fire still burn?

RCA
07-08-2008, 06:58 PM
Last year most of us felt the "fire". We'd stand out in the street for hours at a time, holding a sign until our arms felt like falling off. Not to mention the sunburn that went along with it. Most of us went canvassing, door-to-door, passing out Ron Paul slimjims. We thrived off liberty adrenaline.

Unfornately, it seems that a large number of us have lost this fire. Although, hopefully this thread will light those fires again.

If our fire burned for the cause of liberty, then it matters not that Ron Paul has ended his campaign for president. In other words, the only thing that has changed since last year is what we are going to put on our signs, our bumper stickers, our t-shirts, our business cards and our flyers.

All of the Ron Paul for President Meetup Groups should BECOME Ron Paul Campaign for Liberty Meetup Groups! That's right, we need to hit the streets now. The fact that Ron Paul is no longer running for President should have very little impact on our activities.

So, what are YOU waiting for?

pauletteNV
07-08-2008, 07:16 PM
My fire burns....I was a delegate to the NV GOP Convention and when I saw what we could accomplish....watch out world. We must step it up....if we want to continue and not lose that hard-earned momentum. The only way we will continue to get any recognition is if we have large numbers, the imagination and the stamina to ignite everyone again. I believe the Campaign for Liberty is very important, but I also believe we must continue on to the end in a way representing the fact that Ron Paul has suspending his campaign, not withdrawn. He wants us to get our feet wet, he wants us to learn, he wants as many Ron Paul Republicans as possible to step up and gain some offices within local and state government. He didn't say he has left his bid, he said things have changed.

If we change and diminish, he will become disheartened. Remember, he fights the numbers in the Congress all the time - he knows now to fight and he is testing our mettle. He has a long, long history of never giving up. I think one of the secrets is that we must believe, know in our guts, we are right to continue and laugh in the face of those who ridicule our efforts. Who cares? Know what is coming down the line for all of us if we don't regain our liberties?
We have never experienced anything like it and you must find a firm resolve within yourselves to smile, (adopt Dr. Paul's cheshire, all knowing smile) and go toe-to-toe with those who wou;d demean, dillute, or attempt to difuse our efforts. We can, no, we must do this.
Make it fun, make it innovative, but let's seriously take the fire back into our bellies, focus and go forward!

constituent
07-08-2008, 07:20 PM
My fire burns....I was a delegate to the NV GOP Convention and when I saw what we could accomplish....watch out world. We must step it up....if we want to continue and not lose that hard-earned momentum. The only way we will continue to get any recognition is if we have large numbers, the imagination and the stamina to ignite everyone again. I believe the Campaign for Liberty is very important, but I also believe we must continue on to the end in a way representing the fact that Ron Paul has suspending his campaign, not withdrawn. He wants us to get our feet wet, he wants us to learn, he wants as many Ron Paul Republicans as possible to step up and gain some offices within local and state government. He didn't say he has left his bid, he said things have changed.

If we change and diminish, he will become disheartened. Remember, he fights the numbers in the Congress all the time - he knows now to fight and he is testing our mettle. He has a long, long history of never giving up. I think one of the secrets is that we must believe, know in our guts, we are right to continue and laugh in the face of those who ridicule our efforts. Who cares? Know what is coming down the line for all of us if we don't regain our liberties?
We have never experienced anything like it and you must find a firm resolve within yourselves to smile, (adopt Dr. Paul's cheshire, all knowing smile) and go toe-to-toe with those who wou;d demean, dillute, or attempt to difuse our efforts. We can, no, we must do this.
Make it fun, make it innovative, but let's seriously take the fire back into our bellies, focus and go forward!

that is an excellent post. hope to see you around more often.

speciallyblend
07-08-2008, 07:23 PM
www.lettertogop.com ,still fighting

Oyate
07-08-2008, 07:38 PM
I'll be dousing my fire with ice water in DC :)

JRegs85
07-08-2008, 08:10 PM
I must admit...this election cycle has absolutely shattered my faith in the system.

We are at an awkward point right now, too late to change the system, but too early to march on DC with guns. I've come to the conclusion that the American people don't deserve Ron Paul.

pauletteNV
07-08-2008, 08:39 PM
jRegs85. Please do not lose heart. Ron Paul always seems to find another avenue, another tactic, another way to proceed and we need to learn from his stamina. Maybe, in truth, we don't deserve him, but he has a tremendous heart for his country and he stepped up. We cannot let him down and he has also given us the work to do to try to rectify the massive problems within our country.

I often wonder how this brilliant man could have sacrificed so much to bring some reason to the Chambers of Congress. Can you imagine, time after time, being the only one upholding your oath of office and protecting the Constitution when others gave you disdain in return? It is the awkward points we must learn to move through, recognize, but move on. Look what we have achieved so far...we can and most probably, must, do this. If not us...then who? Did you read Dr. Paul's article about "something big is going to happen?" We need to stay focused, believe in our campaign, and go on. That's how battles are won.

hypnagogue
07-08-2008, 08:43 PM
What campaign? We're fractured right now. Too many projects and too many candidates. Hopefully the CFL can become a new focus. We shall see.

berrybunches
07-08-2008, 09:15 PM
I am still very much involved in learning and sharing. Everyday I get more inspired. I am only 24 but have always had a yearning for freedom, Ron Paul was a dream come true to me, I can't believe so many others embrace his ideology as I do - especially people my age.

Our problems as a movement:
We are all VERY individualist - this makes it hard to get along, agree and stay focused. None of us want to follow a leader. (Its the anti-collectivist mentality)
80% are very young, have had no prior political experience and as a general rule we all hate politics.
Our ideology is very philosophical and hard to make on point messages with.
We are opinionated, radical and emotional - we know and preach things that are not popular. We can be bitter.
We are libertarians and we stick to what we believe in...we don't compromise, much like Ron Paul in congress...this has got him nowhere fast in congress and I expect it will get us nowhere. I think we are just too individualistic.

I am not saying these things are good or bad - they describe me too. I am 24, passionate, radical about freedom, emotional, individualistic, uncompromising, philosophical, intellectual and I despise politics.
Ron Paul gave us all focus and organization - we need to find a new focal point. Hypnagogue is right on that we have our resources spread too thin. I agree CFL needs to be promoted with the same energy as the official campaign. I am up for it for sure. I know I am not the only one.

daniroyer
07-08-2008, 09:18 PM
The problem isn't if our fire is still burning, it's how to get all these small fires back into the central bonfire.

mport1
07-08-2008, 09:47 PM
My fire burns now more than ever. The more I learn, the more furious I get with the current situation.

torchbearer
07-08-2008, 09:57 PM
I am a torchbearer, my fire is always burning.... in hopes of lighting other people's torches.

jacmicwag
07-08-2008, 10:54 PM
Well, we all know that once you drink the Kool Aid, there's no turning back. Maybe RP has a few surprises for us yet this year.

Carole
07-08-2008, 11:03 PM
Cheers for you. Very well said indeed!! :)

Carole
07-08-2008, 11:06 PM
Thank you. Also well said. :)

mstrmac1
07-08-2008, 11:13 PM
The problem isn't if our fire is still burning, it's how to get all these small fires back into the central bonfire.

your right... how do we? great post!

mstrmac1
07-08-2008, 11:16 PM
This may be the thread we all need. Thank you!

alaric
07-09-2008, 12:52 AM
my fire still burns and my stickers and signs still stand. long live the Republic!

SnappleLlama
07-09-2008, 06:08 AM
I'm burning. Oh yes, I'm doing a political pyro dance right now.

revolutionman
07-09-2008, 06:47 AM
some times you think the fires out but the embers are still hot and just waiting for a bit of fuel.

legion
07-09-2008, 11:12 AM
it should be plainly obvious by now that if theres anything the american public likes its a good bandwagon. this isn't a society of winter soldiers.

why do you think the boston red sox have fans?

torchbearer
07-09-2008, 11:14 AM
it should be plainly obvious by now that if theres anything the american public likes its a good bandwagon. this isn't a society of winter soldiers.

why do you think the boston red sox have fans?

I've always been a saints fan. I'm definitely a winter time soldier.

acptulsa
07-09-2008, 11:27 AM
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g134/kevinp_01/fire.jpg

nelsonwinters
07-09-2008, 11:40 AM
I got some Tucks (http://www.amazon.com/Tucks-Hemorrhoidal-Pads-Witch-Hazel/dp/B000GG850U) and they seem to have taken care the fire.
:)

acptulsa
07-09-2008, 11:48 AM
I got some Tucks (http://www.amazon.com/Tucks-Hemorrhoidal-Pads-Witch-Hazel/dp/B000GG850U) and they seem to have taken care the fire.
:)

Do the initials TMI mean anything to you...? :p

raystone
07-09-2008, 12:27 PM
The Point I Will Stop Supporting Ron Paul

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=61183&highlight=stop

DXDoug
07-09-2008, 06:17 PM

Dito

Akus
07-09-2008, 08:08 PM
I am resting from politics. I hardly attend any Republican clubs or even listen to Ron Paul.

I am frustrated with the official campaign and am frustrated with Ron Paul, it seems the fire to do something and the actual ability to influence stuff are inversely proportioned.

As the grassroots, we've done a lot. Because most of us are political virgins, many mistakes were made, some seriously stupid, cough-Iowa-cough, some are understandable. But we are normal folks who got wives/kids/jobs/car oil changes and so on. Because we are so little in power little should be demanded from us.

Yet here we have the official campaign and Ron Paul. I am not going to lament over those two. Anyone who has read any of my posts will know how I feel. All I have to say is that everyone was on fire and everyone wanted Ron Paul to win..... except Ron Paul.

The best thing we could have done to all those who laughed and smirked is actually having Ron Paul as one of our November choices. The best proof that Ron Paul is not a crazy cook would be the fact that he won the nomination. It was possible. Ron Paul was old fashioned, Christian, totally lacking any skeletons. He could have capitalized on that....

And now, we've got this "movement". I don't know where, if anywhere, it will get us. My optimistic side says we will change the government one Congressman, one Senator, one Sheriff, one state Governor at a time. My more cynic and pragmatic side, a side that is constantly reinforced by raw merciless reality, says we will be a Reform Party version 2.0 - a small and irrelevant fraction attempting to apply what little force it can to reverse the insanity we're in....

I just hope that come 2010, I will have someone to believe in who actually wants to win, not like Ron Paul, who "urges" and "carefully warns", rather then rips to shreds...

constituent
07-09-2008, 08:18 PM
I am resting from politics. I hardly attend any Republican clubs or even listen to Ron Paul.

I am frustrated with the official campaign and am frustrated with Ron Paul, it seems the fire to do something and the actual ability to influence stuff are inversely proportioned.

As the grassroots, we've done a lot. Because most of us are political virgins, many mistakes were made, some seriously stupid, cough-Iowa-cough, some are understandable. But we are normal folks who got wives/kids/jobs/car oil changes and so on. Because we are so little in power little should be demanded from us.

Yet here we have the official campaign and Ron Paul. I am not going to lament over those two. Anyone who has read any of my posts will know how I feel. All I have to say is that everyone was on fire and everyone wanted Ron Paul to win..... except Ron Paul.

The best thing we could have done to all those who laughed and smirked is actually having Ron Paul as one of our November choices. The best proof that Ron Paul is not a crazy cook would be the fact that he won the nomination. It was possible. Ron Paul was old fashioned, Christian, totally lacking any skeletons. He could have capitalized on that....

And now, we've got this "movement". I don't know where, if anywhere, it will get us. My optimistic side says we will change the government one Congressman, one Senator, one Sheriff, one state Governor at a time. My more cynic and pragmatic side, a side that is constantly reinforced by raw merciless reality, says we will be a Reform Party version 2.0 - a small and irrelevant fraction attempting to apply what little force it can to reverse the insanity we're in....

I just hope that come 2010, I will have someone to believe in who actually wants to win, not like Ron Paul, who "urges" and "carefully warns", rather then rips to shreds...

i think you mean 2012, but akus, that was an excellent post.

prescient.

priest_of_syrinx
07-09-2008, 08:25 PM
Are you kidding me?

I am the god of hell fire, and I bring you... (http://youtube.com/watch?v=NOErZuzZpS8)

SnappleLlama
07-09-2008, 08:28 PM
Are you kidding me?

I am the god of hell fire, and I bring you... (http://youtube.com/watch?v=NOErZuzZpS8)

ROFL!!! Nice one!!

lucius
07-09-2008, 09:08 PM
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa47/fasttime/fire.jpg

Mostly working with educators now.

Akus
07-10-2008, 11:49 PM
i think you mean 2012, but akus, that was an excellent post.

prescient.now, I meant, 2010. That's when we elect our Congressmen and Senators.

pacelli
07-11-2008, 04:39 AM
Right now I've moved my fire from the Ron Paul PCC to the BJ Lawson congressional campaign. He'll be my congressman when he gets elected, so I've just transferred the fire locally. The fire could be stoked again with the CFL, I am hopeful, but I need to see that it won't just be a cash cow and all of the initial promises will be fulfilled.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
07-11-2008, 10:21 AM
Remember, he fights the numbers in the Congress all the time - he knows now to fight and he is testing our mettle. He has a long, long history of never giving up. I think one of the secrets is that we must believe, know in our guts, we are right to continue and laugh in the face of those who ridicule our efforts. Who cares? Know what is coming down the line for all of us if we don't regain our liberties?

That sure puts things in perspective.

I'm still driving this around, and I still think it does as much good as it ever did. It also takes zero time, and zero extra effort. You can read it 20 cars back at a stoplight. 500 people must see it on the way to work each day. When it's in my driveway, no homeowners association can say jack about political signs, and it's several times bigger than any political signs I ever saw. My conservative estimates say 150 people have seen it for each penny I spent (75,000 people for $50), and it's probably double that or more. You can't even compare it to ad rates, since it's a real testimonial from a real person.

In case you're wondering, I'd reccommend this for you. :D Maybe get a Campaign for Liberty decal at this point.

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg18/rpdecal/rpdecal.jpg

pauletteNV
07-11-2008, 11:19 AM
Hi Moneywheremymouth is!
I saw a similiar decal/sign on a deep royal blue PT Cruiser...in little town Yerington, NV and not on the window...on his paint job! I waited until he got out of his car and went up and shook his hand saying "Nice to meet you Patriot" and we had a nice ol' chat. He was on one of those portable oxygen machines, an older gentleman, and was wearing a brand new, all shinny, "Retired Navy" cap. What a delightful man.... And you are, too! Good idea, I'll have to look into it. thanks for your kind words.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
07-11-2008, 12:00 PM
Good idea, I'll have to look into it.

I'll admit it's a little weird for the first few days. But when you consider that McCain voters would be ashamed to out themselves as such, it starts feeling pretty good. Any of you can also install these decals yourself in about 5 minutes. You clean your window, tape the top of your decal to the window, peel adhesive tape off the back, and press the decal down with a credit card. It was probably the most effective 10 minutes I've ever spent in my life.

Mortikhi
07-11-2008, 12:57 PM
So, what are YOU waiting for?
I'm waiting for the DC march where we practice our first and second amendments.

But before that, I will probably be sneaking into repubby meetings, making political contacts, and getting (not simply running) into office.

Then I'm going to fire at least half of the tax leeches and refund those savings to the taxpayers. Then I'll fire 1/2 of the remaining half.