PDA

View Full Version : T Boone Pickens "plan"

slacker921
07-08-2008, 01:11 PM
http://pickensplan.com

I saw an ad for it today on CNN .. he's a billionaire who hasn't picked a side in the presidential race but wants to push the next president to adopt his plan to reduce the US dependence on foreign oil.

My guess is that because the Republicrats are so tight with big oil they won't be able to join Pickens on his plan... will Barr or Baldwin?

Acala
07-08-2008, 02:10 PM
I have a plan that miraculously does not require government to 'fix" the problem - something it has never been able to do in ANY field of endeavor.

Get the government out of the way entriely. Stop with the subsidies. Stop using the army to protect oil company supply routes. Stop interfering with free enterprise in energy. Let people build nukes if they want. Auction off public lands where oil, gas and coal are located and use the money to pay off the national debt and buy our way out of the medicare and social security problems.

Then let the free market handle energy.

End of problem.

slacker921
07-08-2008, 02:27 PM
Pickens is a lifelong Republican btw.. what do you think would have happened if he had approached Ron Paul and said "I'll back you 100% and throw a bunch of cash at getting you elected if you promise to put the government to work on this plan" .. ? (if you were around for the "Billionaire" story this might be of interest)

What would happen if he approached Baldwin or Barr? (we know what McCain is going to do..)

Kludge
07-08-2008, 06:40 PM
IIRC, he suggested we nationalize Iraq's oil as tribute to our goodwill this morning on CNBC =/

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
07-08-2008, 07:08 PM
I have a plan that miraculously does not require government to 'fix" the problem - something it has never been able to do in ANY field of endeavor.

lol. I don't know why any sane person would enlist government help in "fixing" anything, given their track record of doing the complete opposite.

IPSecure
07-08-2008, 07:21 PM
Just saw an interview with him on PeeBS... Stated he will vote for McFly...