PDA

View Full Version : Penny Langford-Freeman sets up exploratory team for Texas Governor

haaaylee
07-08-2008, 10:49 AM
Friend of Ron Paul's sets up exploratory team for her bid at Governor of Texas.
This is a good read, and check out her vote fraud video on http://www.pennyforgovernor.com

Dear Friends, Patriots and Activists,
Some of us are feeling that the entrenched two-party system is not serving "we the people" very well. Especially after the recent Republican Convention.

It was also revealing that in the last governor's race there were two recognized Independent candidates for governor. One candidate actually left the Republican Party to challenge the incumbent Republican Governor. Though the incumbent won re-election with only 39% of the votes, the two Independent candidates combined received a larger percentage of the votes, revealing that there are a growing number of voters who are dissatisfied and saying "enough is enough !"

Before the 2006 election some of us discussed the possibility, if there was a way we could join forces and elect a "peoples' candidate" for governor. It was obvious with so many candidates running last time, if we truly united behind a "peoples' choice" candidate, we had an opportunity to win. I understand a group called "Common Ground" considered a similar idea, but nothing ever materialized. Consequently we are forced to endure the results of the two party system which gave us Governor "Good Hair," and we have seen the continued degradation of our personal liberties.

Texas is getting hammered with so many intrusive Federal projects, like theTrans Texas Corridor, open borders, imminent domain, NAIS, and the Real ID to name only a few. Our current leadership, both Democratic and Republican, simply smile and shake hands with the Feds and foreign investors, who have their sights on our beautiful Texas ranches and farm lands. The most recent outrage was the "child snatching" of over four hundred children from their mothers, with no official charges of criminal or dangerous behavior on the part of these mothers! Have you considered just who the government might decide needs to be locked up next? This is only one step from the same behavior toward other religious practices or even toward home schoolers. We the people need to exert our God given rights, or we will forfeit them forever.

Recently we have all seen a powerful phenomena called the "Ron Paul Revolution." The movement carried Congressman Paul's name, but had nothing to do with any political party. The movement quickly grew beyond Dr. Paul himself. It was motivated by individual activists who supported the principles of personal liberty, upholding our constitution and the defense of our National Sovereignty. Now some of us believe it is time for the Revolution which began with Dr. Paul in the Texas 14th Congressional District, to be carried State wide and truly set the example for our nation. We can win our country back one state at the time!

The intent of this letter is to let you know that we have an exciting opportunity before us. We can support a "Peoples' Candidate" for Governor of Texas in 2010. Who is better suited to carry our banner that someone who had been at Dr. Paul's side for the previous ten years and learned first hand from the best teacher, the principles of liberty and freedom? Someone who had the integrity to give up a lucrative paycheck and not join the staff of Dr. Paul's Presidential campaign, when she learned it was not committed to winning the election, only to the spreading the message. As much as she loved and respected Dr. Paul, she respected the supporters and volunteers more.

You have probably guessed that I am speaking of Penny Langford-Freeman. Penny has not sought us out for this race. We went to her. She has agreed to consider this race with the condition that we contact other respected activists across the State, to see if there is broad support for this effort. She will only run as the "Peoples' Candidate." This will not be like any previous election in my lifetime. If Penny runs, our plans are that she would run as an Independent candidate, to break the two-party stranglehold that the Democrats and the Republicans currently hold over our election system.

We all believe there are patriots in every party, but the parties themselves have become a tool to use against the citizens. The parties are just another layer of control, which restricts the freedom of the voters to choose which candidate they truly wish to support. The Founding Fathers even warned against the dangers of political parties. Our campaign will truly be "of the people, by the people and for the people."

Though we are only in the exploratory stage, check out our web site at http://pennyforgovernor.com and be sure to click on "Get to Know Penny" and then from the drop down menu, click on "Roots in the Texas Soil" for information on Penny's background. I hope you will grasp the vision we see and will want to be a part of this historic event. We are anxious to hear your comments, concerns, and suggestions. Please respond to us at staff@pennyforgovernor.com and feel free to share this information with others who may be interested.
Margie Raborn

constituent
07-08-2008, 10:53 AM
excellent letter... checking out the site.

CoreyBowen999
07-08-2008, 10:55 AM
I like her but the site is hard to navigate

ronpaulhawaii
07-08-2008, 10:56 AM
:cool:

constituent
07-08-2008, 10:56 AM
The first goal will be to break the two-party strangle hold on our election system and let the people select the candidates they wish to support, not necessarily the candidates the parties anoint. This goal will be accomplished when I am elected.

Secondly, I promise to do all that I can as governor to return transparency and integrity to our voting system and return to the paper ballot. When people cannot be sure that their ballot is counted honestly, it destroys the incentive for people to participate in the election process at all.

Third I pledge to uphold the Constitution and the rule of law and to defend sovereignty of the State of Texas from the excessive intrusions of the Federal government, whether it be such actions as the TTC, the Patriot Act, NAIS, the real ID etc. Some interesting proposals have been brought to my attention on ways to make Texas energy independent. I will certainly investigate these ideas carefully and if Washington cannot figure out how to reduce the price of fuel, there is no reason Texas should suffer for their incompetence.

I personally believe that property taxes are immoral; we never really own our property if the government can take it for past due taxes. I believe that eminent domain laws should be repealed and that personal property is sacred to our way of life.

For decades now, politicians have increased property taxes, given us more burdensome laws which limit our freedoms, and hand down mandates which would count our cattle, control our food products and indoctrinate our children. I intend to do whatever I can to undo these oppressive laws.

She's got my vote and support [though i'd like to hear more on her transportation solutions, drug task-forces, the border wall and most importanly, Texas Independence]. Looking for the "Join" button....

haaaylee
07-08-2008, 11:00 AM
I like her but the site is hard to navigate

let them know, they want all the advice they can get im sure.

Bryan
07-08-2008, 11:14 AM
I've meet Penny a few times recently, she is a great lady and patriot- she will have my support.

:)

constituent
07-08-2008, 11:14 AM
let them know, they want all the advice they can get im sure.

is it an issue w/ Opera, or are the files representing "concerns and solutions" and "family" missing?

DeadtoSin
07-08-2008, 11:31 AM
No, they just aren't there.

I do like the lady and I'd like her to be my governor, but I think it is a major mistake not to accept endorsements from elected officials. That just smacks of Sabrin Promise to me.

constituent
07-08-2008, 11:43 AM

hmmm... i hate s* half-done.

Kotin
07-08-2008, 11:55 AM
you have no idea how happy this made me.

I will throw all my energy into her campaign to restore honor to the Texas Governorship.

now all we have to do is find a LT. Governor.

Kinky Friedman maybe!?

hopeforamerica
07-08-2008, 12:03 PM
Anything to get Perry out of there! He is pure evil!!!!

speciallyblend
07-08-2008, 01:31 PM
Kenny FOR PENNY;) I will do what i can from Colorado:)

tangent4ronpaul
07-08-2008, 04:39 PM
Very glad to see her running!

Will support her any way I can, though can't vote for her :(
(wrong state)

Got to know her in the early days of this campaign - before the Arlington office opened up. She quit in protest over some of the hires. A very principled lady!

-n

Dustancostine
07-08-2008, 05:11 PM

I do like the lady and I'd like her to be my governor, but I think it is a major mistake not to accept endorsements from elected officials. That just smacks of Sabrin Promise to me.

She probably will not get endorsements as she is running as an independent, therefore Republican and Democrat officials will not endorse her.

libertarian4321
07-08-2008, 10:30 PM
I don't know that much about her, but she's got to be better than the jerks we've been sending to Austin (Bush then Perry).