PDA

View Full Version : Best date for LSP?

Bryan
07-07-2008, 08:13 PM
I've been thinking on this and it would seen to be good to wait until sometime just after the CFL rally (September 2nd)- maybe two weeks- with the benefits being:

+ Would allow a good amount of time to plan and get the word out including at the CFL rally.
+ Allow some recovery from the CFL rally.
+ Still be on the cusp of the beginning of the campaign season, which typically starts around Labor Day (September 1st).

One big question would still be, what's the best day of the week? My thought is either on a Wednesday, Thursday or Saturday or Sunday.

Going on the working assumption that there will be a 1 hour pre-show and then 2 hours with the candidates and one hour for panel discussion while the voting is done, a best time frame may be:

If a week day
---------------------
5-8 West Coast
8-11 East Coast

With the pre-show it would be:
4-8 West Coast
7-11 East Coast

If a week-end
----------------------
4-7 West Coast
7-10 East Coast

3-7 West Coast
6-10 East Coast

Obviously there is no perfect solution. That said, my top days are:

Wednesday September 17th @ 8 EST
Thursday September 18th @ 8 EST
Saturday September 29th @ 7 EST
Sunday September 30th @ 7 EST

I'm leaning towards a non-weekend which would keep the commitment low, which would be good maximize participation. A weekend would be best for us diehards but I'd think it best to make it as open as possible.

Roxi
07-10-2008, 04:13 AM
Obviously there is no perfect solution. That said, my top days are:

Wednesday September 17th @ 8 EST
Thursday September 18th @ 8 EST
Saturday September 29th @ 7 EST
Sunday September 30th @ 7 EST

I'm leaning towards a non-weekend which would keep the commitment low, which would be good maximize participation. A weekend would be best for us diehards but I'd think it best to make it as open as possible.

heres my vote:

Thursday September 18th @ 8 EST - 1st choice

Saturday September 29th @ 7 EST - 2nd choice

Sunday September 30th @ 7 EST - 3rd choice

Wednesday September 17th @ 8 EST - preferably no, this is my birthday :D

nayjevin
07-10-2008, 03:09 PM

I agree with this - and this:

If a week day
---------------------
5-8 West Coast
8-11 East Coast

4-8 West Coast
7-11 East Coast

Wednesday September 17th
Thursday September 18th

is right in the 2 week window.

Bryan
07-10-2008, 10:31 PM
We can lean towards September 18th, but it still may be good to push it back another week. I'm liking Wednesdays the best right now- it seems that more goes on on a Thursday.

Thanks! :)

Roxi
07-10-2008, 10:40 PM
mon tues and wed are impossible for me, but i wouldn't be a baby about it if we had to do it on the 17th if that makes it easier on everyone else...

wed also might be bad, being that it is church night

Bryan
07-10-2008, 11:00 PM
Church night? Hmmm... We won't need to set a firm date for at least a week, plus- so the more feedback the better. :)

Thanks!

Bryan
07-11-2008, 12:17 PM
I'm thinking shooting for September 24th may be good- here's how a full time-table could look then:

+ August 1: Tickets go on sale (at least) :)
+ August 15: Deadline for candidate applications
+ September 1: Final seven candidate's are announced
+ September 24: Event!

This would allow us to have the candidates all set by the CFL rally, it would also allow us clearance past the Republican Liberty Caucus 2008 National Convention which is September 12-14, 2008 in Detroit. We'll need to get someone there to sell tickets! :D

Mckarnin
07-11-2008, 12:48 PM
With mid-September as the date I'm assuming that the LSP will primarily benefit candidates in their general elections as most primaries will have passed by then (if I am not mistaken).

K

Roxi
07-11-2008, 01:42 PM
I'm thinking shooting for September 24th may be good- here's how a full time-table could look then:

+ August 1: Tickets go on sale (at least) :)
+ August 15: Deadline for candidate applications
+ September 1: Final seven candidate's are announced
+ September 24: Event!

This would allow us to have the candidates all set by the CFL rally, it would also allow us clearance past the Republican Liberty Caucus 2008 National Convention which is September 12-14, 2008 in Detroit. We'll need to get someone there to sell tickets! :D

i am only protesting because wednesdays are impossible for me, as are tues and mon. I only work those three days a week and can't make them up if i take off, which i have to do for the convention so i can't possibly

but i also understand if this works out to be the best for everyone else (nay is also unavailable on wednesdays)..

katharine on the freedoms ground messages you used a really cool thing so everyone could vote on the best time for a conference call, and it showed a whole block of times... could we possibly do that for this, and find out when the best for everyone would be?