PDA

View Full Version : Uh, Good Luck With That

georgiaboy
07-07-2008, 03:07 PM
Just received this email today from the Georgia Young Republicans. Enjoy.

Urgent Message

Dear Republican friends,

We are less than 125 days until the 2008 General Election and as the Presidential campaign heats up we hear more and more about Senators McCain and Obama. Many GOP leaders are taking the stage at BBQs, campaign rallies, and other summertime events asking for support of Sen. McCain. But why are their comments always prefixed by "I know he was not your first choice" or "You may not be crazy about John McCain but he is our candidate." Since when did the GOP become the Party that poor mouthed its own nominee for President? We are the Party represented by principles of individual freedoms, personal responsibility, less government, lower taxes, a strong national defense, life begins at conception, and the belief that Americans are better suited to run their own lives than the government. We have set the bar high for which we measure our elected officials and candidates. That is why we hold our Republican leaders accountable for their actions. Why shouldn't we? We have fought long and hard to defend America's conservative values and so should those in elected office. So, why is it that we have chosen to attack our own nominee, chop him down, bandage him up, and then try and promote him to be the next President of the United States of America?

Senator McCain has the experience, leadership ability, and understanding of what it takes to be President; something the Democrat nominee knows nothing about. So, why poor mouth John McCain? I'm tired of walking in to a room, to promote a man who served his country in the military for 22 years, was tortured as a POW for 5 1/2 years, served the American people in Congress for over 26 years, has raised a loving family, adopted a child from Mother Teresa's orphanage, and has three sons serving our country in the armed services, only to hear us doubt our choice in nominee. It is time we put our differences aside, promote the successes of the man who is most qualified to be our next President, and rally people about the man who is John McCain.

People react to the emotions of those on the campaign trail, the men and women at the grassroots level, working to get Sen. McCain elected. People get excited by being in a room of energized supporters who all come out because they support the candidate. They also know when you lack enthusiasm. The American voter may not follow the news, they may not care for politics, but they listen to their friends, family, and co-workers. If Party leaders are not excited about the candidate then why should we expect those that follow our lead act any differently? So I ask you, what are you saying about John McCain? Sen. Obama stands for one thing, "Change." Is this the same change that gave us a Democrat Congress which has seen gas prices double in two years, push for higher taxes, advocate losing the war on Terror starting with Iraq, that doubts the ability of the American people to take care of themselves, and wants to force Americans to have government run healthcare? Sen. McCain stands for America, for the average person working an average job. He understands the hardship millions of Americans are facing. But he does not run on a slogan, or emotions, or imaginary "hope" of the individual. He runs on a platform designed to build America by focusing on its strengths, repairing its weaknesses, and leading us toward a bright future by making the tough decisions today.

Senator John McCain is my first choice for President today, tomorrow and everyday until November 4th. That is what I tell people, that is what I mean, and that is what I hope you will do as well.

Cameron Fash, Chairman
Georgia Federation of Young Republican Clubs

Mr. Fash, nice to see you squarely towing the party line. How embarrassing for you to have to send this email out to your e-list, which of course is a list created from Republicans who signed up to get messages from your organization.

Oh, and btw, no need to get your hopes up for me, as I'll never vote for such a liberal as John McCain, and shame on you and the party establishment for doing so.

georgiaboy

Andrew-Austin
07-07-2008, 03:15 PM
We are the Party represented by principles of individual freedoms, personal responsibility, less government, lower taxes, a strong national defense, life begins at conception, and the belief that Americans are better suited to run their own lives than the government. We have set the bar high for which we measure our elected officials and candidates. That is why we hold our Republican leaders accountable for their actions.

Haha, riiiiiiight. What a clown.

People have difficulty getting excited about Mccain because hes an old nut job who mirrors Bush in most regards.

Carole
07-07-2008, 04:02 PM
Just received this email today from the Georgia Young Republicans. Enjoy.

[INDENT]

We are the Party represented by principles of individual freedoms, personal responsibility, less government, lower taxes, a strong national defense, life begins at conception, and the belief that Americans are better suited to run their own lives than the government. We have set the bar high for which we measure our elected officials and candidates. That is why we hold our Republican leaders accountable for their actions. Why shouldn't we? We have fought long and hard to defend America's conservative values and so should those in elected office. So, why is it that we have chosen to attack our own nominee, chop him down, bandage him up, and then try and promote him to be the next President of the United States of America?

ROTF-LOL :D:D:D:D

I think from the above quote that the republican party is about to nominate the wrong candidate.

Hilarious. How embarassing and humiliating that no those towing the party line are out begging for support. They just do not get it.

Theocrat
07-07-2008, 04:30 PM
We are the Party represented by principles of individual freedoms, personal responsibility, less government, lower taxes, a strong national defense, life begins at conception, and the belief that Americans are better suited to run their own lives than the government. We have set the bar high for which we measure our elected officials and candidates. That is why we hold our Republican leaders accountable for their actions. Why shouldn't we? We have fought long and hard to defend America's conservative values and so should those in elected office. So, why is it that we have chosen to attack our own nominee, chop him down, bandage him up, and then try and promote him to be the next President of the United States of America?

Cameron Fash, Chairman
Georgia Federation of Young Republican Clubs

Mr. Cameron Fash,

Your party had the chance to represent a person who embodied those principles you spoke of, and you ignored him, ridiculed him, mocked him, and dismissed him. That person was Congressman Ron Paul, the most Constitutional Republican you've ever had. Now look at what your party has degenerated into. You have one of the worst Republicans in Congress as your nominee for President, and he is on the road to utter and inevitable defeat in November against Barack Obama (the greater of the two evils). Your party is even more splintered and more Republicans have left as a result of your atrocious treatment of the "one pearl" you had gleaming in the Republican seats of Congress. I don't pity you; as a matter of fact, I laugh in your face. Your party is pathetic, and if it should ever meet its most needed and just demise, that will be the day I tap-dance on its grave in joyous glee.

So, you have fun scraping up all of the elephant dung within your party and enjoy trying to prop up the dead corpse you call "John McCain," because when it's all said and done for this Ron Paul supporter, you just lost another one.

TC95
07-07-2008, 07:00 PM
We are the Party represented by principles of individual freedoms, personal responsibility, less government, lower taxes, a strong national defense, life begins at conception, and the belief that Americans are better suited to run their own lives than the government.

Umm...yeah right.

We have set the bar high for which we measure our elected officials and candidates.

You call John McCain "setting the bar high"? :confused:

Are you sure you're not high?

micahnelson
07-07-2008, 07:24 PM
Mr. Cameron Fash,

Your party had the chance to represent a person who embodied those principles you spoke of, and you ignored him, ridiculed him, mocked him, and dismissed him. That person was Congressman Ron Paul, the most Constitutional Republican you've ever had. Now look at what your party has degenerated into. You have one of the worst Republicans in Congress as your nominee for President, and he is on the road to utter and inevitable defeat in November against Barack Obama (the greater of the two evils). Your party is even more splintered and more Republicans have left as a result of your atrocious treatment of the "one pearl" you had gleaming in the Republican seats of Congress. I don't pity you; as a matter of fact, I laugh in your face. Your party is pathetic, and if it should ever meet its most needed and just demise, that will be the day I tap-dance on its grave in joyous glee.

So, you have fun scraping up all of the elephant dung within your party and enjoy trying to prop up the dead corpse you call "John McCain," because when it's all said and done for this Ron Paul supporter, you just lost another one.

Snarky, Rude, Accurate, and Quotable. If it was shorter i would put it on a t-shirt