PDA

View Full Version : RP should assign John Stossel as his VP

krott5333
08-28-2007, 08:47 AM
i like John Stossel.

that is all

Zeeder
08-28-2007, 08:52 AM
His bood "Myths, Lies, and downright stupidity" was good.

If he'd accept, Ron Paul should announce right now. That would be major publicity. Of course Stossell would have to really want it.

Ridiculous
08-28-2007, 09:01 AM
If not VP, with his experience he would be the best of press secretaries.

Colleen
08-28-2007, 09:30 AM
Hey why didn't I think of that; I think it would be a match made in heaven.

akovacs
08-28-2007, 09:34 AM
Yeah, I think Stossel is too divisive of a figure. He's too well known. I think someone like Walter Williams or someone else who is a public figure, but not divisive would be great. He's also a minority, and could steal some of the democrat's thunder in that area.

ButchHowdy
08-28-2007, 12:45 PM
He's so annoying though!

I think RP needs to reach into the Dem camp and grab Gravel or Kucinich to thwart the equally passionate Obama Craze

V-rod
08-28-2007, 01:11 PM
I liked Stossel until I found out he held out for $400,000 settlement for getting a wimpy open hand slap by the wrestler he pissed off in 84'. That 400 grand back then is like 1 million today. What a little crybaby wuss! If that was me in his place, I would of told their lawyers that I want 1/4 of that, just out of principle.

risiusj
08-28-2007, 01:17 PM
Here's the video of the slap (http://youtube.com/watch?v=C35wyVQxXUA)

$400,000 doesn't seem that steep for that completely uncalled for action compared to some other settlements I've heard of. Especially including the fact that he slapped him twice.

akovacs
08-28-2007, 01:24 PM
He wasn't always a libertarian. He was actually a liberal for much of his career (Including that period when he got slapped). He took advantage of the federal flood insurance program to build a house on the coast, and took the payout when it got washed away. He was a huge advocate for government intervention. It took him a few decades to realize how messed up the system is.

So yeah, the slap thing was lame, and I imagine if it happened to him today, he probably wouldn't sue. That lawsuit actually helped him become libertarian.

I still wouldn't want him as a VP though, he's too disliked by even other conservatives. He'd probably be a good press secretary though.

cjhowe
08-28-2007, 01:45 PM
There are many qualified individuals in a number of industries that share a limited government perspective. There's no need to go grabbing every libertarian who's name is known.

georgia_tech_swagger
08-28-2007, 01:49 PM
Sanford. He's got big clout in a early primary state, and he's the closest thing Congress has seen to Ron Paul in rhetoric and voting record.

Cowlesy
08-28-2007, 01:49 PM
Gravel is a globalist. No thanks.

quickmike
08-28-2007, 01:55 PM
Stossel kinda pissed me off when he was asked about Ron Paul and said "Ron Paul is a good guy but, ehhhhhhh" not too exciting. He doesnt have much enthusiasm for Paul so I dont think hes really on board.

V-rod
08-28-2007, 02:16 PM
Here's the video of the slap (http://youtube.com/watch?v=C35wyVQxXUA)

$400,000 doesn't seem that steep for that completely uncalled for action compared to some other settlements I've heard of. Especially including the fact that he slapped him twice.

Yeah, I would of tried to milk that guy since I am not allowed to do a revenge physical attack on him later, but the company had to pay out the damages, not the assailant.