PDA

View Full Version : Just lost some respect for Judge Napolitano

Sematary
08-28-2007, 08:44 AM
This is the message I sent via a feedback form:

My name is Robert Larkin and I am contacting you in regards to an event that we are putting together in Philadelphia on November 10, 2007 at Independence Mall. The event is being put together by some dedicated supporters of Ron Paul who believe that a rally of 5 to 10,000 people (or more) in Philadelphia will get him some much deserved media attention.
I am currently in contact with the campaign attempting to solidify his appearance at the event. I have also spoken to Jacob Hornberger and he has said that he will commit to the event when I have secured Ron Paul's commitment. I am asking you because a majority of the people I am working with believe that you are, next to Ron Paul, the most important person that will appear on the stage. I would like to ask for your attendance and also that it not be conditional upon the response of the Ron Paul campaign. Please let me know if you can do this.

The response:

Fox does not permit on air folks to attend campaign events.

micahnelson
08-28-2007, 08:46 AM
The response:

Fox does not permit on air folks to attend campaign events.

Tell that to Hannity. He did a fund raiser for Giuliani.

dmitchell
08-28-2007, 08:48 AM
Why should this make you lose respect? Do you want him to quit his job or something?

angelatc
08-28-2007, 08:49 AM
You could ask him why Hannity was recently a speaker at a giuliani fundraiser, but maybe the Fox policy is a result of that incident.

It sounds like he is saying that he is contractually forbidden from attending. Don't personally. You're doing a great job putting all this together, some people are going to say "No."

Sematary
08-28-2007, 08:50 AM
Why should this make you lose respect? Do you want him to quit his job or something?

He's associated with FOX. That's enough.

Sematary
08-28-2007, 08:51 AM
You could ask him why Hannity was recently a speaker at a giuliani fundraiser, but maybe the Fox policy is a result of that incident.

It sounds like he is saying that he is contractually forbidden from attending. Don't personally. You're doing a great job putting all this together, some people are going to say "No."

He didn't answer - FOX did.

angelatc
08-28-2007, 09:00 AM
Maybe you can find out who is agent (or whatever) is, and reach him that way. If he has a publisher that might be a place to start.

Sematary
08-28-2007, 09:02 AM
Maybe you can find out who is agent (or whatever) is, and reach him that way. If he has a publisher that might be a place to start.

What difference will that make? If he works for FOX and FOX won't allow him to speak per contractual obligation then it doesn't matter who I contact.

Matt Collins
08-28-2007, 09:02 AM
No no no - you are going about this wrong. Figure out who the publicist/PR person for his book publisher is, and take that angle. Use it as a way to promote his books...

http://www.thomasnelson.com/consumer/dept.asp?dept_id=1117900

I would call them and demand to speak to their PR person to try to setup a speaking engagement for the good Judge. See how far that gets ya!

Sematary
08-28-2007, 09:03 AM
No no no - you are going about this wrong. Figure out who the publicist/PR person for his book publisher is, and take that angle. Use it as a way to promote his books...

http://www.thomasnelson.com/consumer/dept.asp?dept_id=1117900

I would call them and demand to speak to their PR person to try to setup a speaking engagement for the good Judge. See how far that gets ya!

He has a contractual obligation with FOX where he can't speak at political events. It doesn't matter who I speak to.

maxmerkel
08-28-2007, 09:04 AM
well, i'd say contact the campaign tell them about your project and ask if they can give you the phone number of the judge. he certainly will attend if ron paul attends - especially if its a freedom rally and not a "ron paul only" type of thing. (insist on the freedom rally when speaking to the judge, you could even invite tancredo and other candidats to make it independent for gods sake - of course ron paul will have the last word/speech ;) )

you certainly won't get any positive response by contacting important people via their web-form ;) especially if a fox-news clerk is responsible for the answers :(

Sematary
08-28-2007, 09:05 AM
well, i'd say contact the campaign tell them about your project and ask if they can give you the phone number of the judge. he certainly will attend if ron paul attends - especially if its a freedom rally and not a "ron paul only" type of thing.

you certainly won't get any positive response by contacting important people via their web-form ;) especially if a fox-news clerk is responsible for the answers :(

Since I have never done this before, I am learning as I'm going. I'm not going to lie, to get a speaker, however. It IS a political rally and that is how I'm going to frame it.

Kregener
08-28-2007, 09:06 AM
The judge values his current job as a talking head more than he values freedom.

Who'da thunk it...

maxmerkel
08-28-2007, 09:11 AM
Since I have never done this before, I am learning as I'm going. I'm not going to lie, to get a speaker, however. It IS a political rally and that is how I'm going to frame it.

yes, in some way, but its also a "freedom rally" ;). the judge attended the http://www.fff.org/conference2007/ so his contractual bindings don't seem that tight... just ask him what type of rally it had to be to allow his attendance

LibertyEagle
08-31-2007, 11:28 AM
yes, in some way, but its also a "freedom rally" ;). the judge attended the http://www.fff.org/conference2007/ so his contractual bindings don't seem that tight... just ask him what type of rally it had to be to allow his attendance

I agree. If this is pitched as a Freedom Rally, rather than a Ron Paul rally, it sounds like it would fall within something he COULD do.

Sematary
08-31-2007, 11:42 AM
I agree. If this is pitched as a Freedom Rally, rather than a Ron Paul rally, it sounds like it would fall within something he COULD do.

I will try to contact him through his publisher as soon as the campaign commits RP.

risiusj
08-31-2007, 11:43 AM
I was able to find this request form for Judge Napolitano's speaking.

http://www.grabow.biz/Speakers/AndrewNapolitano.htm

Don't know much about the site, just stumbled on it trying to find other methods of contacting Napolitano.

Probably the best way is to contact the campaign HQ and try to get a hold of Napolitano's number that way.

But that doesn't mean that we can't try this form.
Sematary - Could you fill this out? You're the man of this event.

Sematary
08-31-2007, 11:47 AM
I was able to find this request form for Judge Napolitano's speaking.

http://www.grabow.biz/Speakers/AndrewNapolitano.htm

Don't know much about the site, just stumbled on it trying to find other methods of contacting Napolitano.

Probably the best way is to contact the campaign HQ and try to get a hold of Napolitano's number that way.

But that doesn't mean that we can't try this form.
Sematary - Could you fill this out? You're the man of this event.

I'm on it.

speciallyblend
08-31-2007, 01:19 PM
never hurts to try the new angle;) keep up the great work;)

lucius
08-31-2007, 01:36 PM
Let him keep his day job until an Attorney General or SCOTUS slot opens up. :D

purepaloma
08-31-2007, 02:03 PM
The judge values his current job as a talking head more than he values freedom.

Who'da thunk it...

Uh, it's called honoring a legal contract.

JenHarris
08-31-2007, 02:11 PM
If that was a response from Fox I wouldn't put too much stock in their answer. As others have said, find a different way to contact him.

1000-points-of-fright
08-31-2007, 02:20 PM
Instantly hating on someone because they won't join your righteous cause is the same as hating Ron Paul because he voted against a bill that sounds perfectly reasonable on the surface. There's probably a good reason for both.

Plus, the judge is currently in the media and we all want an unbiased media, don't we?

Some of you guys are so thin skinned.

slantedview
08-31-2007, 02:44 PM
What difference will that make? If he works for FOX and FOX won't allow him to speak per contractual obligation then it doesn't matter who I contact.

I think the point is that this is BS. Obviously (see Hannity) there's probably no such contractual obligation that exists. What most likely happened was just that the person who answered the e-mail objected to the rally, and made up a BS statement.

trispear
08-31-2007, 04:46 PM
I think the point is that this is BS. Obviously (see Hannity) there's probably no such contractual obligation that exists. What most likely happened was just that the person who answered the e-mail objected to the rally, and made up a BS statement.Hannity is also much better known and has an audience of millions (unfortunately) with a radio show. He can stipulate a different contract than other employees.

That said, let's not tar and feather the Judge just let. Innocent until proven guilty and all that jazz.

quickmike
08-31-2007, 04:51 PM

Well if it was Fox that responded and not him, why the hell would you lose respect for him when he wasnt the one that did it?

That makes no sense. Be pissed at Fox, not the judge.

You think hes got time to answer 10,000 emails a day personally? Just use some common sense man.

Spirit of '76
08-31-2007, 05:04 PM
He has a contractual obligation with FOX where he can't speak at political events. It doesn't matter who I speak to.

It never stopped Sean Hannity.

I second the suggestion that you contact his publicist.

richard1984
08-31-2007, 05:09 PM

Exactly.