PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Interview- Christian News Wire

Dustancostine
08-28-2007, 08:22 AM
http://www.earnedmedia.org/tav0828.htm

Ron Paul on God, Government, Abortion, Homosexuality, The Draft, Why he Stays in the GOP and More -- An Exclusive Interview by 'The American View'

Contact: John Lofton, Editor, The American View, 410-760-8885, JLof@aol.com

MEDIA ADVISORY, Aug. 28 /Christian Newswire/ -- John Lofton, editor of The American View and Recovering Republican recently interviewed Presidential candidate Ron Paul. The following is a recap of several topics of the interview:

God, the Bible and Civil Government. Paul agrees it is not the role of civil government, at any level — Federal, state or local — to feed, house, clothe or educate anybody and that this would also be un-Constitutional. He believes Scripture is God's Word and thus inerrant and infallible. He says: "Defiance of God's Law will eventually bring havoc to a society." He believes our country came together by God's Providence "just as, Providentially, it may end, by God's Will."

Abortion. Yes, Paul thinks abortion is murder but there is a difference between taking a so-called "morning after pill" and a person committing "the horrible murder when you see someone lying in the floor and someone takes a gun and puts it to their head. I don't equate those and don't expect the law or juries to treat them exactly alike." He says, however, he lacks the wisdom to say what the penalty ought to be for abortionists or those getting abortions.

Homosexuality and the Military. Is homosexuality a sin? Paul says he's "not as judgmental about that probably because of my medical background. I don't see it in [such] simplistic terms. I think it's a complex issue to think it's a sin or other problems with the way people are born. It's too complex to give an answer as simple as that [that homosexuality is a sin.]"

The Draft. Re: the possibility of a draft, Paul says his son just got a notice about his 14-year-old child saying that the "No Child Left Behind" law (pushed through Congress by President Bush and Sen. Edward Kennedy) requires that this child is to be notified and sign or not sign up for Selective Service at the age of 14.

Other Issues. In our interview, Paul also discusses: Why he stays in the Republican Party; allegations he's voted for so-called "ear-marks," pork barrel projects for his district; the possibility of President Bush being impeached; and illegal immigration.

Sematary
08-28-2007, 08:56 AM
That link doesn't lead to an interview

Dustancostine
08-28-2007, 09:04 AM
So Sorry I will fix it. :eek:

--Dustan

Dustancostine
08-28-2007, 09:06 AM
Link Fixed. Sorry