PDA

View Full Version : What will the history books say about this election?

IHaveaDream
07-06-2008, 07:37 PM
Will the liberty movement even get a mention? Or will it erupt in a fashion reminiscent of the civil rights movement?

tomveil
07-06-2008, 07:51 PM
*laugh*

Sure, they didn't mention it the whole election, but I'm SURE that the history books will have volumes.

IChooseLiberty
07-06-2008, 08:01 PM
No. The official history of this election will center around Hillary & Obama. McCain might get a footnote.

berrybunches
07-06-2008, 08:02 PM
Will the liberty movement even get a mention? Or will it erupt in a fashion reminiscent of the civil rights movement?

If everything that could go bad does go bad in the next 4 years Ron Paul will be mentioned as a "what could have been" candidate that started a small movement.
If McCain loses and we get a real conservative in office 4 years from now this could be contributed to Ron Paul's political contributions in getting the young people excited about the election process and GOP.
So I think he will be but only briefly unless he can manage to get more media attention. Who knows, the Minnesota rally could land him a bigger spot...I don't think anything like it has been done before; the challenging of the major parties with an event of this sorts, I mean.

BUT - If in 4 years from now the war is over, there is peace in the middle east, our economy is bustling, our entitlement and spending problems solved and we have that $10 a barrel oil that Murdoch promised then no, he will not get mentioned. But this scenario is very unlikely.

AJ Antimony
07-06-2008, 08:55 PM
An American book? Absolutely not.

The_Orlonater
07-06-2008, 09:03 PM
We're grassroots terrorists, remember? :p

liberalnurse
07-06-2008, 09:39 PM
We're grassroots terrorists, remember? :p

We're also "insurgents".

Kludge
07-06-2008, 09:40 PM