PDA

View Full Version : I'm owed a reimbursement of $300 from the campaign...

wgadget
07-06-2008, 12:21 PM
I've emailed them three times, and have not received a response.

I've called the 1-800-RON PAUL phone number, and never get an answer.

I was told in late January that I had gone over the maximum of $2300 for the election season by $300. When can I expect to get that back? It sure would help get me to the convention....

Has anyone else had problems like this?

JosephTheLibertarian
07-06-2008, 12:30 PM

I was told in late January that I had gone over the maximum of $2300 for the election season by $300. When can I expect to get that back? It sure would help get me to the convention....

Don't worry about it.

wgadget
07-06-2008, 12:40 PM
Don't worry about it?????

Sheesh. I don't know about you, but I work hard for a living.

JosephTheLibertarian
07-06-2008, 12:42 PM

heh. well, there you go. ;)

my advice is: email Ron Paul through his House page

Alex Libman
07-06-2008, 12:47 PM
Hmmm....

haaaylee
07-06-2008, 12:56 PM
well, you donated it - you wanted him to have it didn't you?? :D
just let it go to the campaign for liberty.

wgadget
07-06-2008, 01:01 PM
Will they balance their accounts at the end of this year? I'm starting to get a little worried.

BTW, I just emailed Ron Paul at his congressional office, as recommended.

Cowlesy
07-06-2008, 01:26 PM
Will they balance their accounts at the end of this year? I'm starting to get a little worried.

BTW, I just emailed Ron Paul at his congressional office, as recommended.

Did you email the Treasurer with the email address I PM'd you?

Might work a little quicker than going through a Congressional staffer.

orafi
07-06-2008, 01:53 PM
Let me know when you get your 300 dollars back so I can give them my 300.

DeadtoSin
07-06-2008, 01:56 PM
Let me know when you get your 300 dollars back so I can give them my 300.

Don't act all high and mighty orafi. Wgadget does a lot for Ron Paul, and he wants the money that he gave because he gave over the legal limit. Seriously, comments like this just piss me off.

orafi
07-06-2008, 02:18 PM
Don't act all high and mighty orafi. Wgadget does a lot for Ron Paul, and he wants the money that he gave because he gave over the legal limit. Seriously, comments like this just piss me off.

I apologize.

tonesforjonesbones
07-06-2008, 02:21 PM
Do ya think they transferred it to the new endeavor? tones

wgadget
07-06-2008, 07:32 PM
Heh. As far as I'm concerned, orafi, you can give them your 300 any time you want...Don't let me stop ya.

libertarian4321
07-06-2008, 08:29 PM

It may take a while- they may not get to it until after they do their next quarterly FEC filing.

libertarian4321
07-06-2008, 08:31 PM

BTW, I consider my "stimulus" check (if it ever actually gets here) to be specifically designated for the Minnesota trip (won't cover it all, but will cover a lot of it).

newyearsrevolution08
07-06-2008, 08:40 PM

donated money being refunded?

Did you donate over the $2300 mark? if you did , didn't you know you did so?

Not getting the issue though.....

Give when you have it but ask for a refund when you dont?

Either way, the donations being refunded was already getting started I thought.......

A suggestion, make sure not to go overboard next time (-;

good luck on getting it back, keep us updated either way BUT good luck getting ahold of the campaign now. It seems almost impossible lately.

New York For Paul
07-06-2008, 08:47 PM
The Arlington Headquarters is closed but there is a new HQ for CFL in Virginia and I have heard in Texas with a few of the people still on board.

Try contacting Debbie Hooper.

wgadget
07-06-2008, 08:51 PM
Did you email the Treasurer with the email address I PM'd you?

Might work a little quicker than going through a Congressional staffer.

I tried sending something over there, but it came back undeliverable.

wgadget
07-06-2008, 08:55 PM

Either way, the donations being refunded was already getting started I thought.......

good luck on getting it back, keep us updated either way BUT good luck getting ahold of the campaign now. It seems almost impossible lately.

I had maxed out in 2007, but admittedly didn't know it until I received a reimbursement check for about $450. I called them up in January to ask them about it and they told me that I had over-donated. They also said that in the meantime I had also over-donated another $300 for 2008 (which I also was not aware of until I called them.) They sent me a printout with all of my donations and someone had handwritten at the bottom that I would be reimbursed the other $300. But I haven't seen nor heard anything else about it since.

haaaylee
07-06-2008, 09:06 PM
if the $2300 max didn't exist would you still want your money back?

wgadget
07-06-2008, 09:11 PM
Well.....I dunno. That's a tricky one.

I must say that the likelihood of my traveling to the convention would go up if I were reimbursed.

And I would not be honest if I didn't say that this whole situation has me a little bit confused by the campaign's organizational abilities if not its ethics. But I'm really hesitant to go there...

The One
07-06-2008, 09:24 PM
I'm fascinated by those people who maxed-out. Altogether, I'd say I probably put about $750 into the campaign in one form or another, which is $750 more than I've ever given to any other campaign. I'm amazed by those who gave $2300. That's balls.

Leroy_Jenkems
07-06-2008, 09:38 PM

Ditto. If the guy wants the 300 for travel to the 9/2 convention or otherwise, I'd seriously doubt that Ron is going to be sour grapes like some of you here.

nodope0695
07-06-2008, 09:39 PM
Well I maxed out my donations, but considering RP's campaign staff FAILED to deliver, I almost expect a FULL REFUND of my hard earned money.:rolleyes:

Chibioz
07-06-2008, 10:28 PM
I went over the limit by $17 and they sent me a check several months ago

Roxi
07-06-2008, 11:08 PM
I'm fascinated by those people who maxed-out. Altogether, I'd say I probably put about $750 into the campaign in one form or another, which is $750 more than I've ever given to any other campaign. I'm amazed by those who gave $2300. That's balls.

LOL try selling everything you own, leaving your job, putting 14,000 miles on your car, and spending nearly $7,000 (3,000 of other peoples donated money) for the campaign.... thats balls :D

AdamT
07-07-2008, 12:47 AM
I got a check a few weeks ago for $280 or something like that. I had went over and didn't even realize it.

LibertyEagle
07-07-2008, 01:23 AM

She went over the $2300 maximum by mistake. It was easy to do in all the fervor of the moneybombs, buying signs, etc. It is federal law that the campaign return any money that exceeded that limit.

No kidding? :rolleyes: How about being a little less judgmental and being a little more supportive?