PDA

View Full Version : The Modern Whig Party

JosephTheLibertarian
07-05-2008, 07:52 PM
I'm joining. I'm still voting for Bob Barr btw, however, I'm going to try to become the NJ Chairman of this party. Their stances on the issues aren't bad.

http://www.modernwhig.org

forsmant
07-05-2008, 08:11 PM
I don't like most of their positions. Their center piece proposal assume that the federal government is a better tax collector than the states. Why take it away if you are just going to give it back? In order to pay the IRS.

I actually think that we, as a country, should support any war that will liberate people into a republican form of government. Their revolution is a continuation of ours.

Busting the oil companies by force rather than more efficient business methods or technology is not a free market policy.

...the modern whig party sucks.

Kludge
07-05-2008, 08:13 PM
Errr... Whig policies are best represented by Henry Clay and Abraham Lincoln, two of the greatest tyrants ever to exist.

JosephTheLibertarian
07-05-2008, 08:15 PM
Errr... Whig policies are best represented by Henry Clay and Abraham Lincoln, two of the greatest tyrants ever to exist.

It's a new party. Not the one you're used to, it's a good idea to join now, so that you can shape it.

Imperial
07-05-2008, 09:11 PM
Henry Clay was from a tradition of politicians that were not so steeped in obsession with the fed as ours. When we hear of past men, we must realize that even those like Hamilton did not invision, or at least expect, for a welfare state to come about.

So, even those inclined toward the fed would not have been as bad as those today, even among the republicans.