PDA

View Full Version : Watch out Ron! Here comes Rand!

Conza88
07-05-2008, 06:55 PM
Hahah :D

Like father, like son. ;)

Here is Rand Paul's contribution (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnDye3sqB54) to a discussion about Kentucky's state budget, broadcast 6/30/2008 on Kentucky Tonight (http://www.ket.org/cgi-bin/cheetah/watch_video.pl?preference=wmv&nola=KKYTO%20001526&altdir=&template=). (LENGTH: 00:56:30) Rand is the chair of Kentucky Taxpayers United.

Part 2. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnDye3sqB54)

pacelli
07-05-2008, 07:55 PM
Wow, he's really hitting the RP talking points in a completely natural way. And delivering them well too. I hope he runs!!

DeadtoSin
07-05-2008, 07:57 PM
I always liked Ron Paul's speaking style, it really seemed straightforward and honest. People's biggest problem with him though was that they thought he sounded very unpracticed and uncoached. Rand Paul seems to do away with that. Everything he said he sounded confident and completely prepared for.

I'm excited about this guy.

aspiringconstitutionalist
07-05-2008, 08:14 PM
He's got an incredible grasp on the issues, and, dare I say, he's even improved on his father's speaking delivery skills.

MRoCkEd
07-05-2008, 08:17 PM
i sure hope he runs for office

Time for Change
07-05-2008, 08:23 PM
Interesing.
The oddity is that this is one portion of a multi-opinion conversation.
Is there a link to the original anywhere?

He's a good speaker, and is quite well versed.
Very good at clarification of a talking point and explaning the answer while giving the answer (what most people need)
But I prefer to hear the conversation in it's entirity.

I like Rand, and the kentucky setting got my attention as well, being a native of the bluegrass state.
They tax the shit out of everyone.

aspiringconstitutionalist
07-05-2008, 08:35 PM
Interesing.

Very good at clarification of a talking point and explaning the answer while giving the answer (what most people need)

I like Rand, and the kentucky setting got my attention as well, being a native of the bluegrass state.

+1

I want to see the full conversation as well.

Conza88
07-05-2008, 08:35 PM
Interesing.

Kentucky Tonight. (LENGTH: 00:56:30) (http://www.ket.org/cgi-bin/cheetah/watch_video.pl?preference=wmv&nola=KKYTO%20001526&altdir=&template=)

Sandra
07-05-2008, 08:38 PM
He sounds like Ron Paul when younger.

Imperial
07-05-2008, 09:16 PM
Well, if Mitch McConnell loses in the election(I believe he is behind in the polls), he will have an opportunity to run for congress or senate. He mentioned before he cannot run until Mitch's Republican money machine ends.

Matt Collins
07-05-2008, 09:18 PM
i sure hope he runs for office

I hope he runs!!

The word is he will wait until his kids are grown.

sratiug
07-05-2008, 10:05 PM

I think we should draft him now for 2012 for president. If he has no experience in elected office that is not a problem, imo. The current situation I believe shows that we need some one person to get behind. This looks like him to me. He wouldn't necessarily have to campaign outside of Kentucky with everybody having televisions and such...

The next presidential election looks to me to be our best shot with Neocons and Democrats sharing in the blame for the mess we are in, if we survive that long without being annihilated by a Russian first strike.

satchelmcqueen
07-05-2008, 10:18 PM
this is our guy! 2012 if Ron dont run.

Conza88
07-05-2008, 10:24 PM
this is our guy! 2012 if Ron dont run.

He can be VICE ! :D haha.

Matt Collins
07-05-2008, 10:46 PM
He can be VICE ! :D haha.I think that would be called a dynasty. :rolleyes:

Conza88
07-05-2008, 10:50 PM
I think that would be called a dynasty. :rolleyes:

No. It wouldn't.

dy·nas·ty (dī'nə-stē) pronunciation
n., pl. -ties.

1. A succession of rulers from the same family or line.
2. A family or group that maintains power for several generations: a political dynasty controlling the state

He wouldn't be succeeding. He'd be apart of the same administration. :rolleyes:

hypnagogue
07-05-2008, 10:50 PM
I had the pleasure of meeting Rand at my local college and I was extremely impressed. I hope he becomes the political force he could be.

Matt Collins
07-05-2008, 11:07 PM
I think we should draft him now for 2012 for president. If he has no experience in elected office that is not a problem, imo. The current situation I believe shows that we need some one person to get behind. This looks like him to me. He wouldn't necessarily have to campaign outside of Kentucky with everybody having televisions and such...This is absurd. Besides the fact he won't do it.

The way to start off one's political career is NOT to go and LOSE an election; especially making a half-ass run for the PRESIDENCY with zero experience and no backing or prior offices held.

Ron was in the House for 20+ years and still didn't have enough clout to break much mor than 20% in the primaries not to mention what the media did to him. A rookie who is not a billionaire doesn't have a chance. And even if Rand had billions of dollars (like Ross Perot) he probably wouldn't get the support of the GOP and media.

If Rand wants to start I would suggest running for office in KY first, then move to Congress (or perhaps governor) and go from there. Unless one is a billionaire or already famous (Arnold in Calif or Regan) ya have to start out at the bottom.

Matt Collins
07-05-2008, 11:10 PM
Taken January 27th at a rally on Music Row in Nashville, TN
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x93/sonicspikesalbum/DSCN0350e.jpg

FrankRep
07-06-2008, 06:49 AM
Rand Paul 2012!

FrankRep
07-06-2008, 07:04 AM
What kind of doctor is Rand Paul?

MRoCkEd
07-06-2008, 08:00 AM
how old are they

Time for Change
07-06-2008, 08:14 AM
Thanks for the link!

Matt Collins
07-06-2008, 10:19 AM
how old are they
I think the youngest is between 5-9 years old but I am not sure of his exact age. And he looks just like Ron too :)

What kind of doctor is Rand Paul?Opthamologist.

Time for Change
07-06-2008, 10:41 AM
The discussion in it's full length was interesting with some well formed responses by 3 of the four participants.
It appears that the individual to Rand's right (Terry Brooks) wants much more government money, and cares little how people are taxed to provide it.
Only Terry Brooks will outright claim to disagree with Rand...no surprise there.
More research is needed on this individual.

Warren Rogers is key to bringing industry into kentucky and likely a good advocate of revised government policy that lures industry in, then taxes them back out.
His history is as a contractor (http://www.wrogers.com/what-we-do.html)
More research is needed on him, but at face value, he initially looks respectable, and is necessary to increase Kentucky's general cash flow.

This discussion is worth the view to see the subtle shift in typical perspective of the panel as well as the people writing in and calling the show.

They are coming around.

TXcarlosTX
07-06-2008, 02:14 PM
he needs a new haircut... then he is ready for the big show

tonesforjonesbones
07-06-2008, 02:33 PM
I like Rand..but I am kinda in agreement with some...he's got no politicial experience. Same with Chuck Baldwin..words are good, no record. tones

Conza88
07-07-2008, 12:40 AM
I like Rand..but I am kinda in agreement with some...he's got no politicial experience. Same with Chuck Baldwin..words are good, no record. tones

Well you're got to get elected to get a record don't you?
Catch 22.

Alawn
07-07-2008, 01:30 AM
Rand Paul is great but he would have to run for a lower office before running for president. You cannot win the presidency without any experience at all. That will never happen. Maybe if he was elected for a few terms in congress he might have a chance.

Time for Change
07-07-2008, 03:59 AM
Rand Paul is great but he would have to run for a lower office before running for president. You cannot win the presidency without any experience at all. That will never happen. Maybe if he was elected for a few terms in congress he might have a chance.

Well that statement is open to debate...if osama wins that statement is proven wrong.
He's as inexperienced as they come.

Alawn
07-07-2008, 04:58 AM
Well that statement is open to debate...if osama wins that statement is proven wrong.
He's as inexperienced as they come.

Um what are you talking about? He may be inexperienced but he is a senator. Rand Paul is not an elected official at any level. To have any chance at being president you need to have been a governor, VP, senator, or maybe a member of the house. You cannot jump straight to the presidency. It will never happen.

Conza88
11-08-2008, 10:31 PM
:)

literatim
11-08-2008, 10:41 PM
I am glad you bumped this. I completely missed it. I wish he would run for a government office.

Number19
11-09-2008, 08:55 AM
How old is Rand? Will he even be old enough to run for president?

Aratus
11-09-2008, 09:24 AM
Rand Paul in 2012...
[Senate or House?]

RAND PAUL in 2016!!!
[he runs for POTUS!]

mlmvh
11-09-2008, 09:28 AM
How old is Rand? Will he even be old enough to run for president?

Rand is 46.

literatim
11-09-2008, 09:29 AM
If he would run for Governor, House or Senate in 2010 and get elected, then he could run for President in 2012. :)

TruthAtLast
11-09-2008, 09:59 AM
wow, I have to say I'm pretty impressed.

Driftar
11-09-2008, 10:55 AM
Rand Paul in 2012...
[Senate or House?]

RAND PAUL in 2016!!!
[he runs for POTUS!]

Don't take this too seriously until Rand himself obviously expresses interest in running for congress/senate, but this would probably be the way for Rand to go. Plus, if we fail in 2012, Biden will either likely not run in 2016, or be a pathetic canidate, so there's oppertunity for a strong republican and or independant challenger.

One thing Rand has on his side- US! and lots of fundraising potential. And Ron Paul's good name. And a good message. And youth and speaking ability. And no scandels! (i assume haha)

rockandrollsouls
11-09-2008, 10:56 AM
Draft Rand! He would win in a landslide in Kentucky!

Roxi
11-09-2008, 11:12 AM
Rand is awesome, a lot like his dad in many ways, i had the pleasure of meeting him and working with him a few times in New Hampshire...

I wouldn't imagine theres any chance he would run, hes very dedicated to his profession,

hes an eye doctor btw

slantedview
11-09-2008, 01:00 PM
i'm sure Rand knows that if and when he runs, he'll have all of us behind him :)

itshappening
11-09-2008, 02:45 PM
i wonder, would Rand be interested in taking over RP's seat in future?

inibo
11-09-2008, 05:37 PM
He's got an incredible grasp on the issues, and, dare I say, he's even improved on his father's speaking delivery skills.

He could use one of those $400.00 haircuts, though :)

:bunchies:

SnappleLlama
11-09-2008, 06:18 PM
Keep bumped!

Zera
11-09-2008, 06:20 PM
The next election for governor of Kentucky isn't until 2011... :(

We need to get him to become a senator in 2010. Sadly, it seems that people pay more attention to senators than house members these days.

Zera
11-09-2008, 06:24 PM
I just checked, and he could very well take Jim Bunning's seat in 2010. The guy is real OLD and will be nearly 80 in 2010, plus his approval rating right now is only 45%.

The_Orlonater
11-09-2008, 06:46 PM
I think we should draft him now for 2012 for president. If he has no experience in elected office that is not a problem, imo. The current situation I believe shows that we need some one person to get behind. This looks like him to me. He wouldn't necessarily have to campaign outside of Kentucky with everybody having televisions and such...

The next presidential election looks to me to be our best shot with Neocons and Democrats sharing in the blame for the mess we are in, if we survive that long without being annihilated by a Russian first strike.

Are you crazy? You know the whole "no experience" attacks.

I don't want to deal with that again.

klamath
11-09-2008, 06:50 PM
Very articulated and good on the issues. He does need a haircut though:D

Conza88
11-09-2008, 07:05 PM
i wonder, would Rand be interested in taking over RP's seat in future?

:o DYNASTY!

:bunchies:

TruthAtLast
11-09-2008, 09:10 PM
Are you crazy? You know the whole "no experience" attacks.

I don't want to deal with that again.

I'm with you. Rand can definitely be a leader in the future but it wont be 2012. I do think he should start to build his resume and experience and I would donate and support him for a Congressional run or for Governor in 2010/2012. By the time 2016 came around he should have some good experience and credibility under his belt.