PDA

View Full Version : Stimulus check survey...

Roxi
07-05-2008, 05:49 PM
for those of you who haven't recieved it yet you will be getting a survey in the mail from the gubmint asking you how you spent your stimulus money...

just a suggestion,

tell them you donated it all to Ron Paul

tomveil
07-05-2008, 05:51 PM
Still haven't gotten mine.

Good thing I wasn't counting on it.

qh4dotcom
07-05-2008, 05:54 PM
Just got mine today...finally.

I got into debt to pay the tax bill...stimulus check will go to pay the debt

CoreyBowen999
07-05-2008, 05:56 PM
So my parents got their's like a month ago. I think the ones in my neighborhood got it faster than most. Wierd considering we are a pretty rich neighborhood

agitator
07-05-2008, 06:08 PM
Ammo.

Roxi
07-05-2008, 06:11 PM
So my parents got their's like a month ago. I think the ones in my neighborhood got it faster than most. Wierd considering we are a pretty rich neighborhood

the checks were sent out according to the last 2 digits of your social... my boyfriend got his over 2 months ago, i got mine yesterday... there was a date chart telling you when it was being mailed

the first $50 went to a wedding present, the next 60 in my gas tank, and the next 250 to the landlord.... then after that im getting two teeth pulled, and by then ill have to fill up the tank again, so thats where mine is actually going :D

CoreyBowen999
07-05-2008, 06:13 PM
the checks were sent out according to the last 2 digits of your social... my boyfriend got his over 2 months ago, i got mine yesterday... there was a date chart telling you when it was being mailed

the first $50 went to a wedding present, the next 60 in my gas tank, and the next 250 to the landlord.... then after that im getting two teeth pulled, and by then ill have to fill up the tank again, so thats where mine is actually going :D

that explains it :p

mport1
07-05-2008, 06:16 PM
These stimulus checks are such a joke. They are just creating more money and thus it is of no benefit and is actually a detriment.

SnappleLlama
07-05-2008, 06:18 PM
Deposited half in my IRA and used the rest to pay towards credit card debts

constituent
07-05-2008, 06:49 PM
somehow didn't qualify....

inspite of making <20K, having a child and paying for my wife's college.

i'm not a hard-enough working american, apparently.

IPSecure
Checks That Stimulate, Wow!

(Turn on sarcasm detectors...)

Dorfsmith
I bought a gun and the rest went to my credit card.

rprprs
07-05-2008, 06:51 PM
for those of you who haven't recieved it yet you will be getting a survey in the mail from the gubmint asking you how you spent your stimulus money...

just a suggestion,

tell them you donated it all to Ron Paul

Got my check last week, but not the survey yet.
When I do, I'll be following your suggestion.;)

pacelli
07-05-2008, 07:39 PM
I'm just going to take George Gordon's approach. I'm going to tell them that if $600 is good to stimulate the economy, and the economy hasn't been stimulated, then wouldn't $1200 be twice as good? Wouldn't $1800 be three times as good? Hell, let's just give all 300 million americans ONE MILLION DOLLARS EACH. Don't you think that would stimulate the economy pretty good?

What the hell, it's all fiat currency anyway. They can bail out bear stearns, why not bail out the american people?

ItsTime
07-05-2008, 07:44 PM
I'm just going to take George Gordon's approach. I'm going to tell them that if $600 is good to stimulate the economy, and the economy hasn't been stimulated, then wouldn't $1200 be twice as good? Wouldn't $1800 be three times as good? Hell, let's just give all 300 million americans ONE MILLION DOLLARS EACH. Don't you think that would stimulate the economy pretty good?

What the hell, it's all fiat currency anyway. They can bail out bear stearns, why not bail out the american people?

I say just give me 300 million and Ill let the bush girls stimulate me.

IPSecure
07-05-2008, 07:48 PM

Common Sense is not allowed!!!

forsmant
07-05-2008, 08:14 PM
I haven't received my stimulant yet.

daniroyer
07-05-2008, 10:03 PM
Eric and I got ours via direct deposit the first week it started because his social ended in 20. $1200 all for getting married and having babies.

$800 went right into our oldest son's preschool. $100 went to two gas fill ups. $100 went to buying my husband's new work clothes since he lost 20 lbs on the Ron Paul Diet (aka precinct walking). And the rest went straight to FPL because even though we're using less energy, our power bill is twice as much.

I hate that the government rewards people for having kids. I'm getting $1300/month for baring and raising my husband's children. Had we not had children, social security wouldn't give just me that money until I reached retirement age. Between that, the tax code, and the stimulus payouts, what message does that send? Baybiez = MONEY

asgardshill
07-05-2008, 10:07 PM
I banked mine. It should cover a meal or two and some tacky souvenirs in Beijing when I go on the 4th of August.

qh4dotcom
07-05-2008, 11:24 PM
Eric and I got ours via direct deposit the first week it started because his social ended in 20. $1200 all for getting married and having babies.

$800 went right into our oldest son's preschool. $100 went to two gas fill ups. $100 went to buying my husband's new work clothes since he lost 20 lbs on the Ron Paul Diet (aka precinct walking). And the rest went straight to FPL because even though we're using less energy, our power bill is twice as much.

I hate that the government rewards people for having kids. I'm getting $1300/month for baring and raising my husband's children. Had we not had children, social security wouldn't give just me that money until I reached retirement age. Between that, the tax code, and the stimulus payouts, what message does that send? Baybiez = MONEY

Dani, you were supposed to get more money from the government than $1,200...you're supposed to get an additional $300 for every child you have...you have two so that's $600 more for you

http://www.irs.gov/newsroom/article/0,,id=179095,00.html

http://justshootmenow.wordpress.com/2008/06/16/your-economic-stimulus-check-didnt-include-money-for-your-kids-youre-getting-another-check/

Hope this helps!

nobody's_hero
07-06-2008, 07:25 AM
I never got a check. If they send me a survey, I'm sending it back with a copy of the U.S. Constitution (my standard reply to such letters).

SLSteven
07-06-2008, 01:17 PM
I never got a check. If they send me a survey, I'm sending it back with a copy of the U.S. Constitution (my standard reply to such letters).

Don't waste the Constitutions!

Brian
07-06-2008, 03:22 PM
I got two checks. The first, for $27, I transferred to my friend for her birthday. She called me recently to tell me IRS checks are non-transferrable and no one will cash it. The check had a good bday joke on the back so I told her to keep it and Ill take her out next time I see her.

The second check was for $87 approximately, mostly spent on liquor.

robert4rp08
07-08-2008, 02:40 PM
Got mine yesterday. Straight to savings.

Interesting site: http://www.howispentmystimulus.com/

Andrew-Austin
07-08-2008, 02:47 PM
I don't think I'm going to get one. Meh.

tribute_13
07-08-2008, 02:48 PM
Everyone got screwed out of this, hell I'm 16 and no one believed me at all when I told them they wouldn't get the whole amount promised. But hey, what do I know I'm just a kid...

tribute_13
07-08-2008, 02:49 PM
I bought a gun and the rest went to my credit card.

I agree with this guy, everyone make down payments on guns with their economic stimulus checks haha. jk.:p

acptulsa
07-08-2008, 02:55 PM
Should I tell them I'm using it to be able to afford enough gas to picket the G.O.P. convention?

Maybe I'll mail it while I'm there, along with a nice thank you note to Dubya. That way I won't give them a head start.

Dear Dubya. Thank you for not hiring anyone smart enough to figure out how to exclude me from your shameless pandering...

weslinder
07-08-2008, 02:56 PM
I didn't get one. Apparently, I made too much money. To all of you who did get a stimulus check: "You're welcome."

RCA
07-08-2008, 03:05 PM
These stimulus checks are such a joke. They are just creating more money and thus it is of no benefit and is actually a detriment.

Unless you pay off debt with them. It's breaking even with inflation. Newly created fiat money is used to get rid of older fiat money.

erin moore
07-08-2008, 03:36 PM
We really did buy guns and ammo and used the rest to do some home improvements as we are moving across the country soon and have to sell our house.

liberalnurse
07-08-2008, 10:53 PM
Live in a big old farmhouse with multiple tin roofs. Our's is paying a local Amish contractor to prep and paint them. An energy credit in next years filing.

RonPaulwillWin
07-09-2008, 11:59 AM
I got a 20 inch lcd for my computer, paid my cell phone bill, bought groceries and a bag of weed....saved the rest.

Johnnybags
07-09-2008, 12:07 PM

one time tax cut. Basically a cash advance before the election. Too sad.

mczerone
07-09-2008, 12:13 PM
Do people really spend money on things? Seriously, I got my check and it went into the checking account, along with all of my other money, to the general fund. It pays for part of my groceries and gas and whatever my entertainment budget is and everything else I spend money on.

Stop looking at money as "buying things", and start looking at your net flux. The FED just boosted your inflow for a month, did you adjust your outflow to compensate? Was the outflow towards investments or consumables?

Those are the questions that matter. The survey itself is propaganda, please tell it so.

Roxi
07-10-2008, 08:03 PM
oh i forgot, im also going to buy the manifesto with mine, ill add that to the survey too :)

Anti Federalist
07-10-2008, 08:11 PM
Bought one of these.

http://www.dsarms.com/images/SA58TAC.gif