PDA

View Full Version : How much do you believe?

Sematary
08-28-2007, 07:17 AM
Think of something near an dear to you - something of value. Something you wouldn't normally even consider selling. Do you have it in your mind? Now ask yourself this question. Would you be willing to sell it to help get Ron Paul elected? And, under what circumstances?

For me, the only "thing" I have of value is actually several "things". Those things would be a collection of vintage game systems and computers dating back to the very first game system ever created, the Magnavox Odyssey. I have spent years building this collection and I asked myself this very question.

The answer I get is this - I would (be willing to sell them), if I believed that the funds raised would somehow make a difference in beating the Democratic candidate in the general election.

Keep in mind, this is a collection that I have literally spent years putting together and many of the pieces have their own story as I found them in out of the way places, etc...

risiusj
08-28-2007, 07:25 AM
If selling my PC would lead to a Ron Paul Presidency, I'd do it.

Original_Intent
08-28-2007, 08:54 AM
I would sell my prized possession, a collectors edition knife that is numbered of only 1000 made. In fact, I have tried but have not found a buyer.

Santana28
08-28-2007, 09:37 AM
Hmmm.... i have a spare Mac G4 tower and a vintage Sega CDX i could do away with :) good idea!

FSP-Rebel
08-28-2007, 01:29 PM
I have a Gucci watch that I got as a graduation gift from my parents and I would definately sell it if I knew it would secure RP the Presidency.

katao
08-28-2007, 06:56 PM
I'd sell my children! hehe

I will be giving serious thought to what I am willing to sell. I tell myself I'd be willing to die for freedom, so I guess I'd better be willing to give up a few possessions...