PDA

View Full Version : Powell "ideal" VP says algorithm

Matt Collins
07-05-2008, 03:22 PM
"Turns out the ideal vice presidential candidate for Sen. John McCain is the same person as the ideal vice presidential candidate for Sen. Barack Obama, according to a sophisticated online survey based on technology developed at MIT. Mr. Ideal? Colin Powell (http://computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9104798), a former U.S. Army general and former secretary of state.

Affinnova's survey methods doesn't use the typical polling method of asking respondents to pick a name from a list. Instead, it gives respondents larger concepts, including photos, biographical information and possible first-term priorities.

Affinnova calls this algorithm 'evolutionary optimization.' Steve Lamoureaux, the company's chief innovation officer, said of the VP finding: 'We never imagined that the same candidate would show up for both parties."

WRellim
07-05-2008, 03:34 PM
Of course the dirty little secret (public info, but little known) about Colin Powell is that he has always been at the ready to "whitewash" atrocities (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Lai_Massacre#Cover-up_and_investigations) and to serve as an establishment "tool" during his entire career.

sidster
07-05-2008, 03:35 PM
Powell will never have a political career. He committed political-abortion
with his UN presentation making the case for invading Iraq.

WRellim
07-05-2008, 03:36 PM
Powell will never have a political career. He committed political-abortion with his UN presentation making the case for invading Iraq.

And when has THAT kind of thing ever ended a political career?

amy31416
07-05-2008, 04:22 PM
Of course the dirty little secret (public info, but little known) about Colin Powell is that he has always been at the ready to "whitewash" atrocities (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Lai_Massacre#Cover-up_and_investigations) and to serve as an establishment "tool" during his entire career.

Holy sweet mother of god, I just read up on the My Lai massacre, I wasn't familiar with the incident. That is sickening, just sickening.

Fox McCloud
07-05-2008, 04:26 PM
How is that going to work out, considering that Powell has said he's leaning towards Obama and is strongly considering voting for him?

HOLLYWOOD
07-05-2008, 04:32 PM

Yes Indeed!

Powell has lost all credibility and the 2 GEORGES (Bush/TENET) really exposed what a political Minion Colin Powell acts. His true colors were revealed, besides the 2 GEORGES making him look like a total ASS in front of the UN & WORLD.

The only person that could possibly save his political career is Obama... of course it will be spun as a 'Reach Around' to the GOP Bipartisan Love for Executive level positions to fill.

WRellim
07-05-2008, 05:40 PM
Holy sweet mother of god, I just read up on the My Lai massacre, I wasn't familiar with the incident. That is sickening, just sickening.

By comparison, Abu Graib is peanuts...

BTW remember that Colin Powell was instrumental in COVERING UP that whole thing very early in his career (and doubtless that is a big part of what helped propel his career forward).

Yes Indeed!

Powell has lost all credibility and the 2 GEORGES (Bush/TENET) really exposed what a political Minion Colin Powell acts. His true colors were revealed, besides the 2 GEORGES making him look like a total ASS in front of the UN & WORLD.

The only person that could possibly save his political career is Obama... of course it will be spun as a 'Reach Around' to the GOP Bipartisan Love for Executive level positions to fill.

IMO, Colin Powell NEVER HAD any credibility (or integrity)... probably doesn't even know the meaning of the words.

amy31416
07-05-2008, 05:49 PM
By comparison, Abu Graib is peanuts...

BTW remember that Colin Powell was instrumental in COVERING UP that whole thing very early in his career (and doubtless that is a big part of what helped propel his career forward).

I hate to say it, but it's likely that there have been My Lai-esque incidents in Iraq as well--though the Iraqis seem to be better armed and probably don't leave their women and children alone in a village. I honestly haven't heard of anything so brutal since reading about the holocaust. Medina got no time whatsoever and Calley got a slap on the wrist.

It's amazing that Vietnam does business with us at all. Imagine if that had happened to Americans, in America--we'd still be going after them to this day.

Zippyjuan
07-05-2008, 06:58 PM
Powel would not want it if either of them offered it to them. He felt betrayed in the Bush White House and is not interested in getting involved in politics. He was lied to like we were. I still think he is a smart man.

IPSecure
07-05-2008, 07:52 PM
I have an algorithm that shows Dr. Paul is the only honest man running for President...