PDA

View Full Version : New Signs To Hit Nh Soon - Awesome Design

Jared Callanan
08-28-2007, 05:38 AM
After the Peace Rally on Saturday in Kennebunkport Maine my friend Matt and I decided we were going to start making some home made signs. After some dumpster diving where we obtained some great cardboard, plastic for the stencils, and then bought some cheap spray paint we began hard at work. By Sunday night at 11:30 we had made up five of these and plan on making many more. Look for them especially at the UNH debate if we are allowed to bring over-sized signs.

http://s225.photobucket.com/albums/dd175/JaredCallanan/?action=view&current=get-attachment.aspx.jpg

Also, if you live in New Hampshire, and have a reliable spot for one of these where you can keep an eye on it for the most part and could be seen by heavy traffic please let me know. A lot of work went into these so I would like them to get into the hands of Ron Paul supporters who will keep a close eye on them.

Movie on how to make them coming in a few days!

Cordially,
Jared M. Callanan

lucius
08-28-2007, 05:44 AM
After the Peace Rally on Saturday in Kennebunkport Maine my friend Matt and I decided we were going to start making some home made signs. After some dumpster diving where we obtained some great cardboard, plastic for the stencils, and then bought some cheap spray paint we began hard at work. By Sunday night at 11:30 we had made up five of these and plan on making many more. Look for them especially at the UNH debate if we are allowed to bring over-sized signs.

http://s225.photobucket.com/albums/dd175/JaredCallanan/?action=view&current=get-attachment.aspx.jpg

Also, if you live in New Hampshire, and have a reliable spot for one of these where you can keep an eye on it for the most part and could be seen by heavy traffic please let me know. A lot of work went into these so I would like them to get into the hands of Ron Paul supporters who will keep a close eye on them.

Cordially,
Jared M. Callanan

Way Cool! :cool:

Hey this is just a thought, when I was talking to the billboard manufacturers, they seemed to have much 14'X48' tyvek to dispose of; I think it is white on one-side only. Just an idea...

Jared Callanan
08-28-2007, 05:51 AM
Yeah absolutely... we need bulk.. pretty much what I found was these old hair style boards with really out of date hair models.. so I primed the boards white once with a typical primer and once with killz since the faces were bleeding through.. going to try to get that movie up asap so others can start making them..

angelatc
08-28-2007, 06:06 AM
YOu made a stencil of his face? That's really cool.

Jared Callanan
08-28-2007, 06:09 AM
Yeah, my friend Matt is a complete genius and he showed up in day two with this outline of ron pauls face on this poster glossy type paper.. no way did I ever think it would come out that good. cheers to him.

Matt Davidson
08-28-2007, 03:07 PM
Way Cool! :cool:

Hey this is just a thought, when I was talking to the billboard manufacturers, they seemed to have much 14'X48' tyvek to dispose of; I think it is white on one-side only. Just an idea...

Can you give me some names of billboard manufacturers in NH/MA/ME? Are these the guys who print the billboards or the sell the ads for them?

Thanks,

Matt

Kuldebar
08-28-2007, 03:09 PM
OMG, we are going to lose the pro-hate vote if we use that sign! :eek:

:D

Jared Callanan
08-28-2007, 03:29 PM
Hmmmm.. We might lose the hate vote because of this sign.. Maybe we could change the color scheme or find a way to hide the word "Bush" in there?

danda
08-28-2007, 03:54 PM
Yeah, my friend Matt is a complete genius and he showed up in day two with this outline of ron pauls face on this poster glossy type paper.. no way did I ever think it would come out that good. cheers to him.

I suggest that you upload the stencil image so that others can download, print and use it. If you do, be sure and put it someplace visible, like maybe here:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/RonPaulGraphics/

or here:

http://ronpaul.wikia.com/wiki/Literature

Jared Callanan
08-28-2007, 05:50 PM
Danda,

Thanks for your recommendation, I believe Matt got the stencil from a yahoo Ron Paul graphics group. But I am sure he will read it here or I will contact him and we can go from there.

In the mean time, does anyone in New Hampshire have a good place to put one or two of these?

- Jared

quickmike
08-28-2007, 05:54 PM
Hmmmm.. We might lose the hate vote because of this sign.. Maybe we could change the color scheme or find a way to hide the word "Bush" in there?

Maybe you could make a special Neo-con sign that says Ron Paul R"evil"ution instead ;)

Jared Callanan
08-29-2007, 04:44 PM
if anyone needs one for the sept 5th debate please let me know

zahirakids
08-29-2007, 05:01 PM
Wow!! awesome job!!!

Eric21ND
08-29-2007, 05:02 PM
looks great!

max
08-29-2007, 06:36 PM
I kmnow my gropup would buy that Ron Paul face stencil...see if he'll do it and post his info here

jebba
08-29-2007, 10:55 PM
In the mean time, does anyone in New Hampshire have a good place to put one or two of these?

Try craigslist

http://nh.craigslist.org/

Matt Davidson
08-30-2007, 08:20 AM
I kmnow my gropup would buy that Ron Paul face stencil...see if he'll do it and post his info here

Hey so I just grabbed this stencil on groups.yahoo.com/groups/RonPaulGraphics :

http://ph.groups.yahoo.com/group/RonPaulGraphics/photos/view/b09b?b=1

Then I enlarged it with GIMP for windows (free program). I can email you the enlarged version if you like. Then I printed it onto a piece of 20" x 36" paper with a HP DesignJet (big) printer. You can get a Staples or Kinkos to print this size in black and white for $10 or so. When you do print it, it's best if it's on some thick/glossy paper (we used this) or better yet plastic. So see what they have available.

From there I just traced out the image with a box cutter, which wasn't as hard as I had imagined.

I can definitely make more of these stencils in plastic too if you guys need one and don't want to bother with the above, just PM me.

Matt

Jared Callanan
09-01-2007, 05:02 AM
I am not sure how craigslist could help.. anyway, we have a bunch ready to go and we will be bringing some to the September 5th debate! Look for 'em!

Jared Callanan
09-04-2007, 06:18 PM
bump... just to see if anyone wants me to bring them an extra one for the debate tomorrow night.. if you want one pm but please have a nice location to put them, a place where you can watch after it so it doesnt get stolen! Let me know!

max
09-04-2007, 06:25 PM

Cordially,
Jared M. Callanan

Can you make a stencil for our group and we'll pay you for it?

Michael Ingram
09-04-2007, 06:32 PM
My brother can do crazy stuff like that, I'll ask him to make a stencil and post it online

Jared Callanan
09-04-2007, 06:34 PM
That would be awesome Michael, the stencil we made took a little time and it was Matt that converted it to the poster paper that we wound up using. Max, I forwarded you Matt's e-mail address so try that as well.