PDA

View Full Version : Petition for Open Carry

MAGICKAL
07-04-2008, 09:46 PM
Please sign the Petition for Open Carry in Florida.

www.flopencarry.com

Georgia has just obtained Open Carry and South Carolina is working on it.
Florida is one of only six states which do not allow ANY open carry, licensed or unlicensed.

There is also a petition going for Texas.

http://www.petitiononline.com/texasoc/petition.html

Did you know there are over fourty three states which allow open carry, 11 of which are Gold Star open carry states where state laws preempt all others, and that no incident has ever occured of a BG attacking someone who was open carrying?
Makes a great crime deterrent, expecially useful for woman, who are targeted by criminals more than anyone else.

Go to www.opencarry.org to view US maps regarding open carry and the different types, and peruse or join the forum if you feel.

The Supreme Court has ruled it's an individual right, let's show them it's our right to carry what we want, the way we want.

You shouldn't have to hide your weapon of choice unless YOU see fit to.

Please sign and show your support.

Conza88
07-04-2008, 09:56 PM
Why do you need to petition for a right you already have? :confused:

Dr.3D
07-04-2008, 10:03 PM

If anything, instead of a petition, it should be called a grievance.

MAGICKAL
07-04-2008, 10:08 PM

I've been thinking about that lately.

Very tempted to walk out the door with it in plain sight.

But alas, it is the law right now in Florida, you can't open carry and I would be arrested, lose my CCW etc...

If anything, instead of a petition, it should be called a grievance.

I like that too.

Conza88
07-04-2008, 10:46 PM
I think you should make a shirt... with the second amendment on it..

Go wear it, if you open carry.... maybe have some other quality quotes from the founding fathers...

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." - Thomas Jefferson.

MAGICKAL
07-04-2008, 11:26 PM
I'm no lawyer, but...

If the Supreme Court says, "it is an individual's right to keep and bear arms"

Thaaaaaaan, isn't it illegal to say it's not?

In other words, doesn't that nullify a state law that would say it's not?

Any lawyers around?

rmodel65
07-05-2008, 12:59 AM
georgia has had open carry?

Dr.3D
07-05-2008, 01:42 AM
georgia has had open carry?

http://opencarry.org/ga.html

Georgia is not a traditional open carry state. However, open carry IS legal with a Georgia permit. It is also worthy of note that you MAY openly carry a firearm without a permit in a motor vehicle.

rmodel65
07-05-2008, 02:54 PM
yeah i know its not a traditional open carry but weve still had the right as long as you carried a permit. I OC everyday all day, I have stopped in the mall since they asked me to leave last time :P if its out of sight it out of mind. I use the OC as form of non violent civil disobedience and also to educate since im constantly asked about my gun.

hypnagogue
07-05-2008, 03:19 PM
I totally had no idea that Texas wasn't an open carry state. I signed the petition to make it so, of course. It's strange because I know I've seen a few people walking around with pistols. It's rare, but I've seen it. Perhaps they were off duty cops. Can cops carry firearms when they're off duty?

porcupine
07-05-2008, 05:50 PM
Here in New Hampshire, we can open carry everywhere except court houses without a permit. Permits are shall issue and cost $15 through the mail (no fingerprints, photos, etc). With that, you can carry concealed everywhere except court houses.

Uriel999
07-05-2008, 11:08 PM
signed. I want open carry without having to get a permit damn't!

asgardshill
07-06-2008, 12:23 AM
Signed, with great justice.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
07-06-2008, 09:27 AM
I totally had no idea that Texas wasn't an open carry state. I signed the petition to make it so, of course. It's strange because I know I've seen a few people walking around with pistols. It's rare, but I've seen it. Perhaps they were off duty cops. Can cops carry firearms when they're off duty?

I don't know about Texas, but it's very common for firearms prohibition laws (especially concernming carry) to have carve-outs for current and former law enforcement officers. That way, the writers of such tripe effectively eliminate their most well respected and vocal (to the media) opposition.

rmodel65
07-06-2008, 12:12 PM
Here in New Hampshire, we can open carry everywhere except court houses without a permit. Permits are shall issue and cost $15 through the mail (no fingerprints, photos, etc). With that, you can carry concealed everywhere except court houses.

yes NH owns GA in their laws, all of our laws are jim crowe in nature to disarm the blacks.

I love the ridley report the guys do in NH too :)

porcupine
07-06-2008, 02:29 PM
yes NH owns GA in their laws, all of our laws are jim crowe in nature to disarm the blacks.

I love the ridley report the guys do in NH too :)

Come join us! :D

rmodel65
07-07-2008, 01:20 AM
haha i wish, if i had some cash to get up there i would. i had a bad motorcycle wreck mid nov last year and have been out of commission since :( had a few broken bones and a messed up back.

porcupine
07-07-2008, 09:36 PM
haha i wish, if i had some cash to get up there i would. i had a bad motorcycle wreck mid nov last year and have been out of commission since :( had a few broken bones and a messed up back.

Yikes! Will you have a full recovery?

rmodel65
07-07-2008, 10:29 PM
hopefully but my backs still a pretty big problem here 8 months later

sorry for the highjack OP :)

MAGICKAL
07-21-2008, 07:34 PM
hopefully but my backs still a pretty big problem here 8 months later

sorry for the highjack OP :)

NP, and I wish you a full recovery. One of these days I have to get round to that invention I have which basically encapsulates a rider in a big ball filled with air if his hands leave both grips while the cycle is in motion. Oh and a word to the wise, use those painkillers minimally.

Thought I'd do a little updating on the Petitions, there are now Petitions for Oklahoma and South Carolina going as well.
So we have four of the six states going right now.

http://www.petitiononline.com/oc4ok/petition.html

http://www.petitiononline.com/scocp/petition.html

Arkansas seems to be working on it and NY, well...IDK...first they have to be able to have guns.

Also, OCDO has started a fundraiser for the erection of Open Carry Billboards which will be placed in these states, around their Capitols in a very conspicuous location.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum51/13403.html

MAGICKAL
07-27-2008, 01:30 AM
Arkansas now has Open Carry Petition

http://www.petitiononline.com/ARPFOCOH/petition.html

noxagol
07-27-2008, 06:14 AM
I live in Illinois and you can't carry any loaded weapon in public at all, ever. I am sad panda.

MAGICKAL
08-02-2008, 02:25 AM
I live in Illinois and you can't carry any loaded weapon in public at all, ever. I am sad panda.

Well, maybe that will change with the Supreme Court ruling and all. Would help if there was an organization in Illinois you could join to lead the charge.

noxagol
08-02-2008, 06:37 AM
It would help more if Chicago sank into Lake Michigan. I HATE it here, but can't afford to move.