PDA

View Full Version : Yet another reason to ban knives

SeanEdwards
07-04-2008, 09:24 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080703/wl_afp/britainfrancestudentsmurder_080703212517

The evil inanimate objects strike again. We can only hope that the authorities find the perpetrators of this most recent crime, and protect them from further evil influence by their evil cutlery.

asgardshill
07-04-2008, 09:33 PM
Kabar? THEIR BLOOD IS ON YOUR HANDS!

Victorinox? THEIR BLOOD IS ON YOUR HANDS!

Ginsu? THEIR BLOOD IS ON YOUR HANDS!

Buck? THEIR BLOOD IS ON YOUR HANDS!

Leatherman? THEIR BLOOD IS ON YOUR HANDS!

Gerber? THEIR BLOOD IS ON YOUR HANDS!

http://patrickjweber.com/pics/misc/spork1.bmp

Here is your future. Live it love it obey it.

SeanEdwards
07-04-2008, 09:36 PM
How do you carve a turkey with a spork?

:confused:

Maybe it's time to dust-off my business plan for a "turkey-in-a-cup" franchise operation.

asgardshill
07-04-2008, 09:45 PM

:confused:

Ever play Bobbing For Apples when you were a kid? Same principle.

(In other news, sales of fried turkeys dropped propitiously this Thanksgiving. Experts are at a loss to explain why.)

clytle374
07-04-2008, 11:56 PM
I can hear the news now. "After the recent rash of deaths, Police confiscated 263 pencils from juveniles in a extensive crack down in crime ridden areas. Of the confiscated items over 50 were of the ultra deadly assault variety that are commonly made from wood or other high strength materials"

Happy Independence Day.

Kinda makes you want to swallow a illegal bottle rocket.

Zolah
07-05-2008, 12:10 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080703/wl_afp/britainfrancestudentsmurder_080703212517

The evil inanimate objects strike again. We can only hope that the authorities find the perpetrators of this most recent crime, and protect them from further evil influence by their evil cutlery.

Yeah authoritarian people love the idea of confiscating weapons and controlling weapons (controlling people). Their logic is inherently flawed from the beginning though, quite simply, if someone is suicidal or homocidal, chances are that if they don't have a gun or a knife readily accessible then they will use something else, rendering forms of weapon control mostly useless...until the day that everyone lives in their own personal bubbles that can be monitored, and you need permission from authorities to touch anything...:rolleyes:

SeanEdwards
07-05-2008, 12:20 AM
Yeah authoritarian people love the idea of confiscating weapons and controlling weapons (controlling people). Their logic is inherently flawed from the beginning though, quite simply, if someone is suicidal or homocidal, chances are that if they don't have a gun or a knife readily accessible then they will use something else, rendering forms of weapon control mostly useless...until the day that everyone lives in their own personal bubbles that can be monitored, and you need permission from authorities to touch anything...:rolleyes:

Didn't Cain take Abel out with a rock?

If only god had imposed rock control, so much suffering could have been avoided.

TruckinMike
07-05-2008, 07:50 AM
I agree with this...

A well regulated Militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed.

No where in this statement of our most cherished document does it say this refers ONLY to firearms. It says very clearly that to maintain the security of a free state, our freedom and our country and our way of life, that the right of the people, that is the right of each person to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. Arms: that’s an important word and must be viewed in context of what the founders themselves would have meant, carried and used themselves and since the Constitution is an alive document recognizing that arms change was ambiguous enough to allow modern arms or variations of those arms to be included in that protection...

here is the link: http://www.cssdsc.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=77

TMike

Dr.3D
07-05-2008, 10:13 AM

Don't worry, our government will use your money to hire someone licenced to carve it for you. :rolleyes:

TruckinMike
07-05-2008, 03:28 PM
Don't worry, our government will use your money to hire someone licenced to carve it for you. :rolleyes:

You've got that wrong; thats only for folks on government assistance. You'll have to pay the government licensed private contractor to do it for you.:eek:

TMike

Uriel999
07-05-2008, 11:02 PM
Heh, when I was in middle school they rarely gave us plastic knives but when they did we had no use for them because our plastic sporks had sharper edges. I am convinced me and the rest of the kids who went to my middle school could shank people with those plastic sporks and have deadly effect with them.

Chase
07-06-2008, 08:16 PM
Maybe if Brits could carry guns, they could just blast all these nuts with knives and keep the police from having to prioritize knife crime over terrorism... :p

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/police-make-knife-crime-top-priority-860493.html