PDA

View Full Version : Words Of Wisdom From Abraham Lincoln

IPSecure
07-04-2008, 05:49 PM
"We, the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution."

- Abraham Lincoln (http://www.dojgov.net/Liberty_Watch.htm)

"The money powers prey upon the nation in times of peace and conspire against it in times of adversity. It is more despotic than a monarchy, more insolent than autocracy, and more selfish than bureaucracy. It denounces as public enemies, all who question it's methods or throw light upon it's crimes. I have two great enemies, the Southern Army in front of me and the Bankers in the rear. Of the two, the one at my rear is my greatest foe.. corporations have been enthroned and an era of corruption in high places will follow, and the money powers of the country will endeavor to prolong it's reign by working upon the prejudices of the people until the wealth is aggregated in the hands of a few, and the Republic is destroyed.

- - Abraham Lincoln (http://www.dojgov.net/Liberty_Watch.htm)

Fox McCloud
07-04-2008, 06:22 PM
by his own words, he condemns himself *rolls his eyes* so typical of most politicians.

hypnagogue
07-04-2008, 06:41 PM
I don't think Lincoln has ever been accused of being complicit with the schemes of the money and power brokers.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
07-04-2008, 07:04 PM
by his own words, he condemns himself *rolls his eyes* so typical of most politicians.

Your appreciation of Lincoln will come with age. I can remember back when I hated Lincoln, hated authority and hated my parents.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
07-04-2008, 07:09 PM
I don't think Lincoln has ever been accused of being complicit with the schemes of the money and power brokers.

A lot of Indians hate Gandhi just as a lot of young Americans hate Abraham Lincoln. It is because of ignorance in how our government is supposed to function. I for one have given up on debating these young fellows while they aren't going to appreciate the knowledge anyway unless they pay someone to teach it to them.

Kludge
07-04-2008, 07:27 PM
As a Ron Paul supporter, I don't believe Ron Paul is greater than Abe Lincoln.

Your appreciation of Lincoln will come with age. I can remember back when I hated Lincoln, hated authority and hated my parents.

Really...?

The man who not only allowed secessionists to succeed in... seceding but then decided to declare war to achieve a political goal?

The man who prior to the secessionist movement, favored the exporting of slaves to Africa?

The man who supported a national bank?

The man who unlawfully locked up any who dissented from his ideology?

The man who levied a trade embargo in hopes to starve his former countrymen into surrender?

The man who decided that 5% of Americans was worth less then simply paying off the slaveowners as nearly every other country in the world did?

GREATER then Ron Paul?! Hm.

tonesforjonesbones
07-04-2008, 09:39 PM
Lincoln was a polecat! He gave us big government! He is nobody to consider a hero! His wife was a slave owner while Sherman was raping , pillaging and burning down the south. He suspended habeus corpus! He threw journalists in prision and abridged the freedom of the press...HE STINKS STILL TODAY! TONES

LibertyEagle
07-04-2008, 09:46 PM

You might enjoy reading the following books by Thomas J. DiLorenzo:

The Real Lincoln: A New Look at Abraham Lincoln, His Agenda, and an Unnecessary War
http://www.amazon.com/Real-Lincoln-Abraham-Agenda-Unnecessary/dp/0761526463/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1215229615&sr=8-1

Lincoln Unmasked: What You're Not Supposed to Know About Dishonest Abe
http://www.amazon.com/Lincoln-Unmasked-Youre-Supposed-Dishonest/dp/0307338428/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1215229615&sr=8-2

-----------------
DiLorenzo Is Right About Lincoln, by Walter E. Williams
http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig2/w-williams1.html

DiLorenzo has a lot of articles regarding his findings of Lincoln, here:
http://www.lewrockwell.com/dilorenzo/dilorenzo-arch.html

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
07-05-2008, 06:59 PM
Really...?

The man who not only allowed secessionists to succeed in... seceding but then decided to declare war to achieve a political goal?

The man who prior to the secessionist movement, favored the exporting of slaves to Africa?

The man who supported a national bank?

The man who unlawfully locked up any who dissented from his ideology?

The man who levied a trade embargo in hopes to starve his former countrymen into surrender?

The man who decided that 5% of Americans was worth less then simply paying off the slaveowners as nearly every other country in the world did?

GREATER then Ron Paul?! Hm.

Major Premise: Human beings make mistakes
Minor Premise: Ron Paul often criticizes Abe Lincoln for being human
Conclusion: Ron Paul is greater than Abe Lincoln?

Look, this type of reasoning isn't even rational but uses the political spectrum as a playing field. The best the use of this method will ever get you is a perpetual 3% of the extremist vote. Dr. Ron Paul may as well curse Christ Himself than question the patriotism of Abraham Lincoln. Oh for cripes sake I can't believe you extremists can't see how this enrages the vast majority of the American population! You are as foreign as China.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
07-05-2008, 07:06 PM
Lincoln was a polecat! He gave us big government! He is nobody to consider a hero! His wife was a slave owner while Sherman was raping , pillaging and burning down the south. He suspended habeus corpus! He threw journalists in prision and abridged the freedom of the press...HE STINKS STILL TODAY! TONES

This poison does stink. Your hatred is unAmerican. It is hidious. You odd fellows delve so deeply in political science when our nation wasn't established on one. Can't you quit reading books for a while? Try going fishing.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
07-05-2008, 07:11 PM
You might enjoy reading the following books by Thomas J. DiLorenzo:

The Real Lincoln: A New Look at Abraham Lincoln, His Agenda, and an Unnecessary War
http://www.amazon.com/Real-Lincoln-Abraham-Agenda-Unnecessary/dp/0761526463/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1215229615&sr=8-1

Lincoln Unmasked: What You're Not Supposed to Know About Dishonest Abe
http://www.amazon.com/Lincoln-Unmasked-Youre-Supposed-Dishonest/dp/0307338428/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1215229615&sr=8-2

-----------------
DiLorenzo Is Right About Lincoln, by Walter E. Williams
http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig2/w-williams1.html

DiLorenzo has a lot of articles regarding his findings of Lincoln, here:
http://www.lewrockwell.com/dilorenzo/dilorenzo-arch.html

No thank you. I went to college and received all the education on Abraham Lincoln that I need. No two bit idiot is going to make a buck off me by placing his own integrity above that of Abraham Lincoln.

FindLiberty
07-05-2008, 07:23 PM
"Honest" Abe? That's what they teach in gubermint skools all right.

I don't care for "Leapin' Lincoln" and the damage he did to freedom in America.

He gave us equal tax slavery for all, freedom hating killer Federal Gov overlords
that now want our NTSC TVs and finally he sported the tall hat and that beard,
THAT AWFUL BEARD... do something about that facial hair

Even the tyrant Castro somehow spawned from old Abe's chin!

Fox McCloud
07-05-2008, 07:32 PM
No thank you. I went to college and received all the education on Abraham Lincoln that I need. No two bit idiot is going to make a buck off me by placing his own integrity above that of Abraham Lincoln.

I hardly think that an economics professor and faculty member at the Ludwig von Mises institute to be a "two bit idiot"--though, admittingly I have never read any of his books or articles.

besides, he's not the only one dissing Lincoln--Alan Stang did a fine job in one of his articles "GOP, red from the beginning".

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
07-05-2008, 07:36 PM
"Honest" Abe? That's what they teach in gubermint skools all right.

I don't care for "Leapin' Lincoln" and the damage he did to freedom in America.

He gave us equal tax slavery for all, freedom hating killer Federal Gov overlords
that now want our NTSC TVs and finally he sported the tall hat and that beard,
THAT AWFUL BEARD... do something about that facial hair

Even the tyrant Castro somehow spawned from old Abe's chin!

We don't have to be a nation of smart asses. Our government is so different from the European form of government that we don't have to delve into that deep crap. Our government was created before the advent of the cognizant sciences even.
There is a saying that the people in the United States weren't even aware of the significance of the Declaration of Independence until Ralph Waldo Emerson shined a light on it: that the United States didn't really exist until Abraham Lincoln saved it: and that the Supreme Court didn't exist until they themselves had determined that it was unconstitutional for them to rule on a case.
All that legal precendence outside of the truth and the unalienable rights is garbage any way. If there isn't an American Civil Purpose greater than the corrupt power of tyranny, then let's quit wasting our time and just go back to serving others as slaves.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
07-05-2008, 07:48 PM
I hardly think that an economics professor and faculty member at the Ludwig von Mises institute to be a "two bit idiot"--though, admittingly I have never read any of his books or articles.

besides, he's not the only one dissing Lincoln--Alan Stang did a fine job in one of his articles "GOP, red from the beginning".

Sorry. This odd new philosophy isn't going to disuade my reverence for the great people who lived in the past. The fellows you mention would be fish chum in my boat.

Fox McCloud
07-05-2008, 08:11 PM
Sorry. This odd new philosophy isn't going to disuade my reverence for the great people who lived in the past. The fellows you mention would be fish chum in my boat.

have you even read anything they've wrote?

I wouldn't necessarily say it's a new philosophy--remember, history is written by the winners, therefore it's always skewed in their favor, and after a generation or two who have no memories of Lincoln (or only vague memories) the 'history written by the winners' is the status quo and anything that goes against this method of thinking is considered 'bunk' or crazy.

What's next? The drafters of the Federal Reserve Act are really the greatest thing to happen to the banking system, Alan Greenspan saved our monetary system, and Ben Bernanke was the most astounding economic genius ever to have existed? :rolleyes:

Zippyjuan
07-05-2008, 08:16 PM
Lincoln and tax slavery? Taxes existed thousands of years before Lincoln. Even in this country there were taxes before Lincoln. His favored form of taxation? Tarrifs- which Ron Paul would like to use to replace the Income Tax. There were banks and central banks centries before Lincoln. He opposed a privately held central bank which was proposed at the time. Would you rather have Wall Street or the Fed control the banking system? Lincoln started the war to push his own agenda? Like keeping the country together? The South declared war and attacked Fort Sumpter in 1861. Lincoln responded. He did not start it. He did not start the Civil War, as Ron Paul said to Tim Russert,
just to enhance and get rid of the original tenet of the Republic He sought to preserve the Republic. Was Lincoln a genuis on everything? No. No president was or is. Was his intent to destroy the country? Certainly not.

LibertyEagle
07-05-2008, 08:53 PM

LOL. So, you're going to trust the "two bit idiot"s that taught you in college, rather than look at the evidence to the contrary of what you were taught? C'mon Uncle, you're smarter than that. History has always been written by the victors. If it makes you feel any better, these books are recommended by the Mises Institute.

Note: Most historians say FDR was a great man too, you know.

Oh, for the record... I have a Master's degree. I was lied to, apparently just like you were.

About the Author
Thomas J. DiLorenzo is a professor of economics in the Sellinger School of Business and Management at Loyola college in Maryland. Specializing in economic history and political economy, he is the author of 11 books and over 70 articles in academic journals, and he is also widely published in such popular outlets as the Wall Street Journal, Reader's Digest, USA Today, National Review, Barron's, and numerous other national publications. He lives in Clarksville, Maryland.

"A devastating critique of America's most famous president."
—Joseph Sobran, commentator and nationally syndicated columnist

"Today's federal government is considerably at odds with that envisioned by the framers of the Constitution. Thomas J. DiLorenzo gives an account of how this came about in The Real Lincoln."
—Walter E. Williams, from the foreword

"A peacefully negotiated secession was the best way to handle all the problems facing America in 1860. A war of coercion was Lincoln's creation. It sometimes takes a century of more to bring an important historical event into perspective. This study does just that and leaves the reader asking, 'Why didn't we know this before?' "
—Donald Livingston, professor of philosophy, Emory University

"Professor DiLorenzo has penetrated to the very heart and core of American history with a laser beam of fact and analysis."
—Clyde Wilson, professor of history, University of South Carolina, and editor, The John C. Calhoun Papers

“Abe, climb down from Mt. Rushmore, and vacate the penny. Your days in the pantheon are over, thanks to the scholarship and courage of Thomas J. DiLorenzo.” —Llewellyn H. Rockwell, Jr., president of the Ludwig von Mises Institute

“In The Real Lincoln, Professor DiLorenzo convincingly exposed Lincoln idolatry as a fraud that has poisoned America’s understanding of itself. Following up in Lincoln Unmasked, he shows who maintains and profits from the toxin in the body politic and the damage that they are doing to us to this very day. DiLorenzo’s masterful diagnosis, we may hope, will go a long way toward a cure.” —Clyde Wilson, Distinguished Professor Emeritus of History, University of South Carolina

“Lincoln Unmasked is a masterful book. Finally, Lincoln has been held to account and the lies and machinations of the Lincoln cult exposed.” —Paul Craig Roberts, syndicated columnist and former Assistant Secretary of the U.S. Treasury

“Brilliant and withering, Lincoln Unmasked answers the kind of forbidden questions that our country now more than ever needs to hear. Thomas DiLorenzo deals in the kind of information that is consistently withheld from students in what we laughingly call our educational system.” —Thomas E. Woods, Jr., bestselling author of The Politically Incorrect Guide to American History

LibertyEagle
07-05-2008, 08:59 PM
I am reverent to my ancestors. Such irreverence was once considered impious."

You have GOT to be kidding! I'm reverent to the Founding Fathers and people that deserve it, but I sure as heck aren't to people, just because they came before me.

Uncle, I don't know how old you are, but I am not a kid myself. And I darn sure am willing to adjust my position on something, if I get new information that I previously had not known.

Are you so afraid of finding out the truth, that you are willing to put your fingers in your ears and a blindfold over your eyes? Geesh.

Grimnir Wotansvolk
07-05-2008, 09:17 PM
If George Bush can be called a monster, then surely Lincoln must have been Mephistopheles

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
07-05-2008, 10:01 PM
LOL. So, you're going to trust the "two bit idiot"s that taught you in college, rather than look at the evidence to the contrary of what you were taught? C'mon Uncle, you're smarter than that. History has always been written by the victors. If it makes you feel any better, these books are recommended by the Mises Institute.

Note: Most historians say FDR was a great man too, you know.

Oh, for the record... I have a Master's degree. I was lied to, apparently just like you were.

About the Author
Thomas J. DiLorenzo is a professor of economics in the Sellinger School of Business and Management at Loyola college in Maryland. Specializing in economic history and political economy, he is the author of 11 books and over 70 articles in academic journals, and he is also widely published in such popular outlets as the Wall Street Journal, Reader's Digest, USA Today, National Review, Barron's, and numerous other national publications. He lives in Clarksville, Maryland.

"A devastating critique of America's most famous president."
—Joseph Sobran, commentator and nationally syndicated columnist

"Today's federal government is considerably at odds with that envisioned by the framers of the Constitution. Thomas J. DiLorenzo gives an account of how this came about in The Real Lincoln."
—Walter E. Williams, from the foreword

"A peacefully negotiated secession was the best way to handle all the problems facing America in 1860. A war of coercion was Lincoln's creation. It sometimes takes a century of more to bring an important historical event into perspective. This study does just that and leaves the reader asking, 'Why didn't we know this before?' "
—Donald Livingston, professor of philosophy, Emory University

"Professor DiLorenzo has penetrated to the very heart and core of American history with a laser beam of fact and analysis."
—Clyde Wilson, professor of history, University of South Carolina, and editor, The John C. Calhoun Papers

“Abe, climb down from Mt. Rushmore, and vacate the penny. Your days in the pantheon are over, thanks to the scholarship and courage of Thomas J. DiLorenzo.” —Llewellyn H. Rockwell, Jr., president of the Ludwig von Mises Institute

“In The Real Lincoln, Professor DiLorenzo convincingly exposed Lincoln idolatry as a fraud that has poisoned America’s understanding of itself. Following up in Lincoln Unmasked, he shows who maintains and profits from the toxin in the body politic and the damage that they are doing to us to this very day. DiLorenzo’s masterful diagnosis, we may hope, will go a long way toward a cure.” —Clyde Wilson, Distinguished Professor Emeritus of History, University of South Carolina

“Lincoln Unmasked is a masterful book. Finally, Lincoln has been held to account and the lies and machinations of the Lincoln cult exposed.” —Paul Craig Roberts, syndicated columnist and former Assistant Secretary of the U.S. Treasury

“Brilliant and withering, Lincoln Unmasked answers the kind of forbidden questions that our country now more than ever needs to hear. Thomas DiLorenzo deals in the kind of information that is consistently withheld from students in what we laughingly call our educational system.” —Thomas E. Woods, Jr., bestselling author of The Politically Incorrect Guide to American History

I was actually brought to appreciate our American system by studying the philosophy of science. I haven't been poisoned by the sociology, the psychology or the political science rapped up in the European systems. Just consider me as pure as a baby's butt.
I really don't care to understand all the complex reasons why Abraham Lincoln was an evil bastard. I know a few reasons why he was a great American. Those reasons are treasured by me so I really don't wish to discuss them.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
07-05-2008, 10:18 PM
You have GOT to be kidding! I'm reverent to the Founding Fathers and people that deserve it, but I sure as heck aren't to people, just because they came before me.

Uncle, I don't know how old you are, but I am not a kid myself. And I darn sure am willing to adjust my position on something, if I get new information that I previously had not known.

Are you so afraid of finding out the truth, that you are willing to put your fingers in your ears and a blindfold over your eyes? Geesh.

The only thing better than a great book is realizing when you don't have to read a book. This allows for more fishing. Any book out there having anything negative to say about Abraham Lincoln is a great one because it isn't worth a cold bucket of warm spit in my opinion. So this provides for more quality fishing time.
I have been properly educated in the deep south. I am perfectly clear having received an education first by a caring American father, an education from having to work extinsively in the cruel world and, finally, an education from a University (University of Houston).

Fox McCloud
07-05-2008, 10:39 PM
if you don't care to understand, or rather refuse to understand why so many hear view him as the "beginning of the end" of a division of powers, then how can you turn around and say he was a great guy?

It'd be like me saying that Bill Clinton is the best guy ever because there's a couple of secret things I like about him, yet not amount of writing, research, etc can prove that he's really and truly bad.

If logic were to apply in this debate (which it seems to have died a little while back), your posts....don't exactly follow that--it's like you've created a little worldview of Lincoln and you're not going to let in anything that challenges that.

LiveFree79
07-05-2008, 11:35 PM
For the morons on here quoting DiLorenzo his book is PURE REVISIONIST history with HORDES of inaccuracies and out of context speeches/statements, etc. Maybe try educating yourself and reading other books that simply don't fit your agenda. Just look at the reviews it got on amazon.com I'm surprised someone as smart as Paul would endorse the Real Lincoln. Lincoln was one of the greatest Presidents this country had. Was he perfect? Of course not.

Zippyjuan
07-05-2008, 11:43 PM
Do you think that Lincoln should have allowed the central bank to be controlled by Wall Street instead of by the Fed? They wanted a private central bank- not a federal one. Should they control the money? Would that be better for the value of the dollar today? He fought against that idea. Do you think that the country should have split in two in the mid 1800's? Should he have ignored the shelling at Fort Sumpter and surrendered to the will of the South who declared war on the US? Ron Paul says he would defend the US if it was attacked. That is what Lincoln did. Would these have made him a better president in your eyes? Those are the choices he faced. He did not willingly go to war- it was forced upon him.

Some people don't like any govenment leaders. They all have their good points and their bad ones. Only focusing on what you do not like is no better than only focusing on the good ones.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
07-05-2008, 11:47 PM
if you don't care to understand, or rather refuse to understand why so many hear view him as the "beginning of the end" of a division of powers, then how can you turn around and say he was a great guy?

It'd be like me saying that Bill Clinton is the best guy ever because there's a couple of secret things I like about him, yet not amount of writing, research, etc can prove that he's really and truly bad.

If logic were to apply in this debate (which it seems to have died a little while back), your posts....don't exactly follow that--it's like you've created a little worldview of Lincoln and you're not going to let in anything that challenges that.

Do you even know what a legal precedent is when compared to the Civil Purpose in the Constitution? Do you care? How can people in here read all these books and yet not understand the difference between a legal precedent and the Civil Purpose in the Constitution? If you don't know, you are wasting your time reading a political book. You might as well as just meditate.
A lot of people in here just don't need a government. They are very able bodied people who just desire the "liberty" to do whatever they desire, whatever that means. Liberty for the sake of liberty is no better than change for the sake of change. It is just a lot of hot air being blown out the tail pipe. Some just don't need a government to be free. Pretty women are always going to have the liberty to get their lipstick no matter what system of government they operate in. Fact of life.
So, government has a "Social" agenda to get the uncomely ones at the table some lipstick.
But any phrase with the word "social" in it is considered the enemy to the beer drinking sport nuts in here. It is a catchword like the word "collective." We just don't stop to think because we are reading too much. Hey smartasses! Wake up! Quit reading your God Damned books! All the books are doing to you is make you a hateful bastard! We aren't against collectiveness! What an idiotic thing to say. We are against the responsibility they legislate onto us over the prerequisite of our happiness.
When the tyrants sit down at the dinner table of life, they take care of their thirst for happiness first. The responsible things then become like fine dining to them. It is certainly something they don't worry about. Healthcare? Take another sip of wine. Education? Take another bite of cavear. Wealth? Have some more pate' on a cracker.
This is how we all should be. Arrogant American bastards.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
07-06-2008, 12:07 AM
Do you think that Lincoln should have allowed the central bank to be controlled by Wall Street instead of by the Fed? They wanted a private central bank- not a federal one. Should they control the money? Would that be better for the value of the dollar today? He fought against that idea. Do you think that the country should have split in two in the mid 1800's? Should he have ignored the shelling at Fort Sumpter and surrendered to the will of the South who declared war on the US? Ron Paul says he would defend the US if it was attacked. That is what Lincoln did. Would these have made him a better president in your eyes? Those are the choices he faced. He did not willingly go to war- it was forced upon him.

Some people don't like any govenment leaders. They all have their good points and their bad ones. Only focusing on what you do not like is no better than only focusing on the good ones.

Our Founding Fathers had a SOCIAL agenda with the purpose of creating the greatest happiness for the American COLLECTIVE.