PDA

View Full Version : Why is nobody donating to the

painter4Ron Paul
07-04-2008, 02:10 PM
Has everyone jumped ship? Please put your money where your heart is...I know gas is killing everyones budget but please tear yourself away from the corn dogs and burgers long enough to donate to http://www.freedomslate08.com/ . Lets try to get a least one of these candidates elected and show our support. They have put their asses on the line to stand up for freedome and the least we can do is send them some help. I only donated 35.00 bucks to the guy from Texas, dont remember his name but hey ihe s from Texas. I wish I could donate more but I have not sold a painting in a few months and am living on beans and rice. I donated the 35.00 in honor of my son who is serving in the military. Please donate a few dollars.:)

pauletteNV
07-04-2008, 02:21 PM
Hi,
I've donated a bit, too. I read on dailypaul that some of the counters are not working or are not working in real time. If everyone forgo one hotdog, or one beer...that's a couple bucks for someone. Pick say 2 candidates, and donate $5, or $10, even....it would add up.
That's the secret to group involvement.....

mport1
07-04-2008, 02:27 PM
I would say that we should concentrate all of our resources on the person who has the best chance in winning. Spreading all of our limited resources very broadly doesn't really make sense and will not produce the result we want of getting an ally for RP in Congress.

hopeforamerica
07-04-2008, 02:27 PM
I donated to David Gay and George Lilly (because he had no donations that I could see). Donated to BJ during his money bomb. Freedom is not free ;-)

ItsTime
07-04-2008, 05:52 PM
This could be a huge reason

"BreakTheMatrix owns the FreedomSlate08 web domain, and is sponsoring and promoting this fundraising effort on a fee for services contract basis with the campaigns participating in the slate. A portion of the funds raised by each campaign in this effort will be paid to BreakTheMatrix for services rendered"

We use to do this shit for free. Trevor could have done all of this by selling a banner space and not taking a cut of every donation.

DeadtoSin
07-04-2008, 06:22 PM

"BreakTheMatrix owns the FreedomSlate08 web domain, and is sponsoring and promoting this fundraising effort on a fee for services contract basis with the campaigns participating in the slate. A portion of the funds raised by each campaign in this effort will be paid to BreakTheMatrix for services rendered"

We use to do this shit for free. Trevor could have done all of this by selling a banner space and not taking a cut of every donation.

Wow, I didn't have any money to donate but I'm glad I didn't. We can raise money on our own, we don't need Trevor taking money from the candidate to put in his own coffers. If he wants donations for his site he should be straightforward.

From this point on, until they prove themselves I'm not going to trust anything but CFL. Once a group starts to show that they aren't out for profit (There are a couple other people I can think of), then I'll contribute. I'm getting tired of people taking cuts without being straightforward about this stuff.

ItsTime
07-04-2008, 06:24 PM
Wow, I didn't have any money to donate but I'm glad I didn't. We can raise money on our own, we don't need Trevor taking money from the candidate to put in his own coffers. If he wants donations for his site he should be straightforward.

From this point on, until they prove themselves I'm not going to trust anything but CFL. Once a group starts to show that they aren't out for profit (There are a couple other people I can think of), then I'll contribute. I'm getting tired of people taking cuts without being straightforward about this stuff.

He was straight forward with it on the freedomwhatever08.com site. its in the footer.

angelatc
07-04-2008, 06:31 PM

Perhaps we did used to do this for free, but guess what? The Revolution is smaller now than it was then.

Nobody but Trevor stepped up and offered to coordinate a national fundraiser for us.

So thanks for nothing.

DeadtoSin
07-04-2008, 07:37 PM
He was straight forward with it on the freedomwhatever08.com site. its in the footer.

Straightforward to me would be at the top of the page, not at the very bottom of the page below the premade banners.

ItsTime
07-04-2008, 07:38 PM
Straightforward to me would be at the top of the page, not at the very bottom of the page below the premade banners.

ya I get what you mean. I guess I am use to reading the disclaimers before I send money. I do it while I watch tv ads as well lol :D

DeadtoSin
07-04-2008, 07:41 PM
ya I get what you mean. I guess I am use to reading the disclaimers before I send money. I do it while I watch tv ads as well lol :D

I see what you are saying, I never actually visited the site but I would read the disclaimers. Still, it seems like he is hiding the fact that he takes a portion of the profits by putting it below the premade banners and stuff. If someone is doing something like taking part of the profits for his own, I might consider donating if it were at a part of the page that everyone would scrolling through.

Oh well, no worries. :D

ItsTime
07-04-2008, 07:44 PM
I see what you are saying, I never actually visited the site but I would read the disclaimers. Still, it seems like he is hiding the fact that he takes a portion of the profits by putting it below the premade banners and stuff. If someone is doing something like taking part of the profits for his own, I might consider donating if it were at a part of the page that everyone would scrolling through.

Oh well, no worries. :D

Just wait till tomorrow and donate to the candidate you wish to. That is what I am doing.

DeadtoSin
07-04-2008, 07:59 PM
Just wait till tomorrow and donate to the candidate you wish to. That is what I am doing.

Yeah, the amount I donate will be done directly.

tonesforjonesbones
07-04-2008, 09:34 PM
I am absolutely NOT going to donate unless it is directly to that campaign site of the person I'm donating to. It appears people have figured out a way to make a living off this grass roots enthusiasm. I'm not partaking of that game. I'm not particularly fond of how things are going with the CFL either. Nobody responds to emails there. It just does NOT seem the same as it did when we were working for Ron Paul's campaign. tones

LibertyEagle
07-04-2008, 09:59 PM
Tones,

CFL is not even officially launched yet. Give them a chance, ok? They're working very hard to get everything in place for a big launch. It's still a ways off.

tonesforjonesbones
07-04-2008, 10:19 PM
Oh..Ok. tones

libertarian4321
07-04-2008, 10:31 PM

I see the campaign has been extended through Monday.

Is BTM getting paid even if we go straight to the candidate's website to donate?

I guess I can just wait until Tuesday (I too want all the money to go to the candidate).

David A. Gay, Sr.
07-04-2008, 10:36 PM
RON PAUL personally sent out an email on Wednesday urging people to support and join Break the Matrix.

The 10% of this moneybomb that's going to Break the Matrix is being used to cover the operating expenses of BTM and the costly undertaking of starting an ACTUAL Libertarian leaning cable tv station!

Furthermore, candidates always pay a promotional fee when they have someone do a fundraiser for them...sometimes in upwards of 70 percent!

Trevor is providing us candidates with an amazingly cost effective method for fundraising, and quite frankly we need all the support we can get!

PLEASE DONATE GENEROUSLY TO THESE NOBLE CANDIDATES!

-David Gay
http://www.davidgay2008.com/donate

http://www.freedomslate08.com

libertyguy47
07-04-2008, 10:51 PM
No matter Trevor's motivations or benefits, he organized a fundraiser for these candidates, that got them (in some cases) thousands of dollars so far that they wouldn't have gotten otherwise. A small cut is a small price to pay. It was agreed to in all cases by both parties. We being huge fans of the free market, should appreciate the situation, not condemn it.
That being said, you're free to donate any other day, just donate. Every penny helps.

pacelli
07-04-2008, 11:49 PM
Oh..Ok. tones

Yeah man, the big "launch" for the CFL is during the St. Paul rally.

Oyate
07-05-2008, 12:08 AM
OK let's see how confusing I can be. My name is Trevor and so is Lyman but we're all part of this collective resource known as "Trevor" which is more of a cosmological principle than a physical form. That's why there's only a few of us but again, try and think of it like we're all just part of a universal utility.

Now some of us make money. Others don't. It's our way of keeping the bases covered. For every rich Trevor there is an equal and coactive poor Trevor. For every happy Trevor there is a sad Trevor. For every good looking Trevor (that would be me) there is an ugly Trevor (Lyman). For every nice Trevor (me again) there is a mean Trevor (probably Lyman). It's part of the way the universe balances itself out.

From there it gets slightly more complicated because our skills are distributed. One has the gun, another the bullets. One has a knee injury, the other the crutches. One has a pencil but the other the eraser. So you might think we should always travel in pairs, but we carry opposite ionic charges and if just two Trevors ever came into physical contact, know what happens?

BOOM.

Big boom. Like I don't suppose any of you remember the creation of the universe but others remember it as the end of the universe. It wasn't such a bad universe, in many ways it was more fun than this one. Few remember the gelatinous roller coasters that used to comprise life, but they were fun, fun, fun. Which is the reason why you people create amusement parks. It's like a vestigial memory. We still can't figure that one out but there is apparently some kind of resonance between ages.

But this all just goes to the fact that Trevors are a universal expression of a force that's creative and destructive at the same time. Don't mess with us. We have special powers. We have the ability to make you wear mis-matched socks. And we can get even more devious. If we want to, we can make ice cream taste like mud. And everybody else will be like "yummy ice cream" and you will all be like "hells man, this ice cream tastes like mud".

And it gets worse from there. You really screw with us and we'll make you talk with a Jamaican accent. You'll be all like "bumbaclot, me can't jibe wit de vibes mon".

And if it gets really bad, two Trevors will meet and BOOM. Everything you know, the whole universe as you know it is instantly erased.

So why don't y'all sit back and mack yourself a nice gin and tonic with a lime and think very carefully about what your are going to say about Trevors. The fate of the universe is in your hands.

sidster
07-05-2008, 12:34 AM
I am absolutely NOT going to donate unless it is directly to that campaign site of the person I'm donating to. It appears people have figured out a way to make a living off this grass roots enthusiasm. I'm not partaking of that game.

Wow... something I can agree with you on.

I hate opportunists, and I've seen far too many leaches in the
grassroots looking and asking for money.

Truth Warrior
07-05-2008, 04:49 AM
Just think of it as voting with $$$. :D

Anti Federalist
07-05-2008, 05:05 AM
One of the unfortunate downsides to a free market.

A fresh new idea idea, or in our case the re-introduction of ideas that never should have gone stale in the first place, will always be followed by imitators of varying quality compared to the priceless orginal. (Ten gozillion Starbucks on every corner)

This will be followed in turn by hustlers, con men and flim flam artists, all looking to score a quick buck off what they see as the latest hot trend.

Now, this is not to say that is what this project is, just to point out that as always, let the buyer beware. But I have seen a number of projects and people, not naming any names, using the banner of the "Freedom Movement" in all it's manifestations to hustle and dupe the gullible.

rs3515
07-05-2008, 06:41 AM
Folks, check out Freeople. A clear plan for candidate (and group) fund raising that is:

The lowest transaction rate of any online political community
Delivers more money to candidates and groups because transactions are bundled. Remember, credit card companies take a cut of every transaction. However by donating to multiple candidates and groups, that means the companies only get their cut once. No one else is doing this.
Promotes fund raising causes all over the site and in communication sent out to others.

Watch the video here that describes how it's done:
http://www.freeople.com/blog/raise-funds-faster-with-freeople/293

newbitech
07-05-2008, 07:10 AM
wow if I am hearing what a lot of people in the "revolution" are saying correctly then once "we" get everything working the way its "supposed" to work then I may never have to pay for anything ever again! Cool! Sign me up!

szczebrzeszyn
07-05-2008, 07:57 AM

Are you sure? ;)
"Money Bomb Extension until Monday July 7th, midnight!"

SnappleLlama
07-05-2008, 09:13 AM
Tones, CFL responded to an e-mail I sent. They sent a response back the next day.

pacelli
07-05-2008, 10:38 AM
One of the unfortunate downsides to a free market.

A fresh new idea idea, or in our case the re-introduction of ideas that never should have gone stale in the first place, will always be followed by imitators of varying quality compared to the priceless orginal. (Ten gozillion Starbucks on every corner)

This will be followed in turn by hustlers, con men and flim flam artists, all looking to score a quick buck off what they see as the latest hot trend.

agreed. And even those Starbucks are now starting to close down. The fad wore out. There's only so much overpriced coffee that people can drink :D

constituent
07-05-2008, 04:18 PM
agreed. And even those Starbucks are now starting to close down. The fad wore out. There's only so much overpriced coffee that people can drink :D

i believe this post will turn out more prophetic than you now know.