PDA

View Full Version : Stop! Don't Buy That!

Sematary
08-28-2007, 12:12 AM
Donate the money instead - whatever it is - if it isn't absolutely essential, it can wait until next year. Can't it?

quickmike
08-28-2007, 12:15 AM
Well, I suppose I could go without that new liver for a few months I guess.;)

richard1984
08-28-2007, 12:19 AM
I like the way you think. This is a very good and important point.

Perhaps we should even make this a sticky?

People need to understand that they have to change the way they live to get Ron Paul elected. We're going to have to get out of our comfort zone, and we are going to have to deny ourselves things for the future of the people we love, our country, ourselves, and honestly the whole world.
It's really that serious. You know?

Sematary
08-28-2007, 12:20 AM
I like the way you think. This is a very good and important point.

Perhaps we should even make this a sticky?

People need to understand that they have to change the way they live to get Ron Paul elected. We're going to have to get out of our comfort zone, and we are going to have to deny ourselves things for the future of the people we love, our country, ourselves, and really the whole world.
It's really that serious. You know?

Yes, I know.

MicroBalrog
08-28-2007, 01:48 AM
I wish I could donate. :(

Can we just say the cost of my international calls to Texas delegates counts as a donation?;)

Sematary
08-28-2007, 07:12 AM

Can we just say the cost of my international calls to Texas delegates counts as a donation?;)

It is, but not really

mtmedlin
08-28-2007, 10:28 AM
Sorry, I dropped the $39.99 already, but watching 44 year old Randy Couture whoop ass was worth it. I hope RP understands.

katao
08-28-2007, 11:03 AM
Exactly. I had that thought a couple of weeks ago and now I can't get it out of my head. Do I really need that right now? What is more important, <...> or Ron Paul getting elected?

I've already donated $200 and saving up to donate everything I can. This may be the most important opportunity in our lifetime to make a difference. The sacrifice will make the victory all the more sweet!

Original_Intent
08-28-2007, 11:04 AM
Almost 40,000 meetup members x 100 bucks (tighten the belt for a couple of months for most = $4,000,000

katao
08-28-2007, 03:14 PM
Bump.

skiingff
08-28-2007, 03:33 PM
I wish someone would have told me this a few months ago before I bought my motorcycle :)

RP08
08-28-2007, 03:57 PM
Nope, it couldn't wait. Just ordered another 400 blank DVD media from NewEgg to burn more Ron Paul introduction videos for distribution. I hope nobody's disappointed in me. :)

BlutStein
08-28-2007, 05:06 PM
Almost 40,000 meetup members x 100 bucks (tighten the belt for a couple of months for most = $4,000,000

What would be great is if we could setup a certain date and everyone donated on that one day. He'd still get the money but I imagine that'd look really neat for the record books and might garner some media attention.

Double his campaign size in one day. Hmm.

richard1984
08-28-2007, 05:27 PM

You can send me money! I swear that I'll donate it to the campaign!!! I'm a poor college student, and I literally don't have any extra money to give to the campaign (food can't wait until next year, you know? ;)). I've been thinking that I should ask for money for my birthday (Dec. 15) and Christmas, and then donate all of that. I wish I could get extra money earlier than that. (Is middle/late December too late to donate? I'm sure it's not, but I wish I could donate earlier than that. The more money we can donate, and the sooner we can donate it, the better.)

I know it's probably not realistic, but I really would donate other people's money under my name (since I have $2300 to go). I would provide the proof, too--I'd sign a contract if it meant that I could use my status as an American to donate to Ron Paul's campaign. (I feel really lousy about not having enough money to donate. I want to so badly!!! I'm just whining about it.)

I'm trying to make up for my lack of donations by actively campaigning for Ron Paul. And I'm getting better and better at it, too. This summer was largely spent learning about Ron Paul and the issues, but since all of my friends have come back from break I have been on the campaign trail. The excitement over Ron Paul has really changed my whole approach to life. I have so much more energy, and I am so much more engaged/engaging than I was just a couple of months ago. Anyway, I'm just blabbing.

I hope everyone is making similar progress. This really is a Revolution!

Scribbler de Stebbing
08-28-2007, 05:54 PM
Well, I suppose I could go without that new liver for a few months I guess.;)

Atta boy, Mike. THAT's the spirit! Say, maybe you should have your attorney temporarily amend your will to add the campaign as a beneficiary. Whad'ya think? I'm just saying . . . We all do what we can! :D

angelatc
08-28-2007, 06:05 PM
We need MIke's vote too though. We can't buy those.

And Richard1984, I'm sure your heart is in the right place, but what you're suggesting is illegal. The international folks can do things like buy supplies for the Meet Up groups, but giving you money expressly to circumvent the restrictions on international domnations is taboo.