PDA

View Full Version : If I were President,...

Carole
07-03-2008, 02:52 PM
I invite everyone to imagine he or she is the president.

Name five or more things at the top of your agenda.

If I were President,...

Bring boys home.

Rid DC of 35,000 lobbyists forever.

Repeal many regulations and sanctions and treaties.

Eliminate several cabinet posts (you know the ones) :)

Start legislation or do an Executive Order to eliminate the Federal Reserve.

Resign from the UN and ask New York to start charging them rent for occupying US territory.

acptulsa
07-03-2008, 02:55 PM
If Carole were the president I'd've voted for the winner for the first time in my whole adult life!

I'd like that! :D

mediahasyou
07-03-2008, 02:56 PM
Abolish social programs and replace them with responsibility and mutual aid programs.

Abolish the department of education.

Abolish the Federal Reserve.

Abolish income tax and several others.

Resign from UN.

Bring the troops home.

Abolish Eminent Domain.

Abolish regulations and tedious taxes.

Restore Liberty

Open the borders.

newyearsrevolution08
07-03-2008, 03:00 PM
If I were President I would setup a "national drunk in public"day to show that everyone makes mistakes.

Other then that, legalize ALL medicine or what others try and call them "drugs"...

Besides that, find out what happened to hoffa, modana and all assassinations then release it to the public.

I would always wear shorts and odds are have a newcastle in my hand.

Damn I need to be president.

lasenorita
07-03-2008, 03:17 PM
Resign from the UN and ask New York to start charging them rent for occupying US territory.

I would just like to point out that the United Nations Headquarters (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Nations_Headquarters) site is officially 'international territory', and not part of the United States. They have their own security force, fire department and postal administration (http://www.un.org/Pubs/CyberSchoolBus/untour/subunh.htm).

However, in spaces occupied by the UN outside of the site, they do pay rent. (Well, depending on which side you take, they owe rent (http://www.observer.com/2008/city-comptroller-audits-demands-money-undc-undc-politely-declines).)

ETA: I don't want to be President. ;)

Danke
07-03-2008, 03:25 PM
Invite my childhood friends to watch with me, from a "safe" distance, as I press the button and cook off a nuke in the desert.

(sorry, I grew up with m-80's and shit)

Carole
07-03-2008, 03:27 PM
:D

Carole
07-03-2008, 03:28 PM
Hey, good for you I momentarily forgot some of those. :)

Carole
07-03-2008, 03:30 PM
Oh, Drat, I should have assumed that. How can I get around it? :)

asgardshill
07-03-2008, 03:31 PM
Mom told me before she died that she would come back from the grave and haunt me for the rest of my days if I ever ran for any kind of public office, turning my life into a living never-ending hell. And she would do it, so I won't.

Truth Warrior
07-03-2008, 03:31 PM
I'd DEMAND a recount. :D

Carole
07-03-2008, 03:35 PM
I would just like to point out that the United Nations Headquarters (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Nations_Headquarters) site is officially 'international territory', and not part of the United States. They have their own security force, fire department and postal administration (http://www.un.org/Pubs/CyberSchoolBus/untour/subunh.htm).

However, in spaces occupied by the UN outside of the site, they do pay rent. (Well, depending on which side you take, they owe rent (http://www.observer.com/2008/city-comptroller-audits-demands-money-undc-undc-politely-declines).)

ETA: I don't want to be President. ;)
Maybe I would need to look into the legalities of that, just to be sure they really own it. :D

Like who paid for it? Donated land? Was that legal? Bet Americans paid for that, too. :)
Just exactly how did that deal go down?

LittleLightShining
07-03-2008, 03:42 PM
In no particular order...

If I was president I would release all non-violent offenders from prison. This doesn't include people in jail for drunken driving.

I would bring the troops home starting immediately with all those who want to leave.

I would have Bush, Cheney and Co. arrested and tried for war crimes.

I would abolish the Fed and the income tax.

I would remove all unconstitutional executive orders.

I would work with Congress to repeal the Patriot Act.

I would remove the Departments of Education and Homeland Security.

I would probably be assassinated or die in a plane crash.

SovereignMN
07-03-2008, 03:42 PM
Here are the 5 I came up with off the top of my head.

1. Not enforce the Roe/Wade decision while at the same time pushing Ron Paul's "Sanctity of Life Act".

2. Bring the troops home from where they are unconstitutionaly deployed.

3. Withdraw from United Nations.

4. Veto any budget until the language is changed so that all monies that can't be raised from tarriffs/duties are taken from the states in proportion to their representation. (as it was prior to the 16th amendment) <---BTW...this assumes that the budget will balance AND I still may veto it if it doesn't reduce enough spending.

5. Return federally "owned" lands to the States.

Grimnir Wotansvolk
07-03-2008, 03:53 PM
-Build a cabinet comprised entirely of Green, Libertarian, and Constitutionalist party members

-Dismiss the secret service and replace them with privately hired, foreign mercenaries

-Slash every unnecessary element of the White House's budget. No more lavish dinners for me or the rest of the staff. Cut my annual salary down to $45,000, handing the rest of the money over to reliable, non-religious charities.

-Inform Canada and Mexico that we're no longer a member of NAFTA

-Issue federal pardons to every non-violent drug offender, and promise to do the same for any others who find themselves in jail after the initial purge.

-Threaten to issue federal pardons to every single suspected terrorist who isn't given an attorney and a chance to contest their pardons in court within one week of my taking office

-Issue apologies to Iran, Venezuela, Cuba, and any other nation who's been similarly mistreated. I'm guessing the president doesn't have the power to end economic sanctions, but I'd make it clear that I want them done away with.

-Threaten military action against Israel if they don't cease and desist their aggression towards Palestine, and pressure them to begin turning over land claimed to legally belong to Palestine.

-Return all military personnel to the United States, sell all military equipment sitting on foreign soil to pay for the deficit, and transform foreign military bases into safe houses for the poor.

-Order the Federal Reserve to stop printing money. Launch a meticulous investigation into the history of the Fed, bringing up the same charges that would be brought against any private corporation who's guilty of the same crimes.

-Launch a non-biased investigation into the 9/11 attacks, with public hangings scheduled for any government officials found to be involved in coverups.

-Host a televised press conference, joined by Howard Zinn, Noam Chomsky, and Ron Paul, discussing every unwarranted act of brutality committed against foreign nations since the inception of America. I'll conclude it by urging Americans to resist the cultish temptations of militarism, patriotism, and national unity.

Carole
07-03-2008, 05:11 PM
:D lol

Carole
07-03-2008, 05:14 PM
Excellent. Some more good ones. :)

SeanEdwards
07-03-2008, 05:29 PM
Appoint myself President for life.

Tell the IRS to audit Alex Jones.

Have a likeness of my ass mooning all of creation carved onto mount rushmore.

Make "talk like a pirate day" a national holiday.

Declare war on Canada.

lasenorita
07-03-2008, 05:38 PM
@Carole

From Intljobs.org (http://www.intljobs.org/organizations/1.asp):

The headquarters of the United Nations is located in New York City. The General Assembly building and the Secretariat were built in 1949 and 1950 on land donated by the Rockefeller family. The property is now considered international territory. Under special agreement with the United States, certain diplomatic privileges and immunities have been granted, but generally the laws of New York City, New York State, and the United States apply.

There's also an article at Wikipedia about its International character (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Nations_Headquarters#International_characte r).

ETA: lol @ SeanEdwards for wanting to declare war on Canada. Is it because the Canadians want the UN Headquarters moved to their country? ;)

Ozwest
07-03-2008, 06:18 PM
If I were President:

I would ask for some "Common Sense," from Thomas Paine.

" Society is produced by our wants, and governed by wickedness; the farmer promotes our happiness positively by uniting our affections, the latter by negatively restraining our vices. The one encourages intercourse, the other creates distinctions. The first is a patron, the last a punisher. Society in every state is a blessing, but government even in its best state is but a necessary evil. "

Imperial
07-03-2008, 06:24 PM
If I were president, the five things atop my agenda would be:

1) Pull all US troops out of 90% of US deployments, including but not limited to Japan, Italy, Germany, South Korea, and Kuwait. Noticeably absent is Iraq, which I would wait for a time.

2) Following the power of the Executive Branch, decline to implement all provisions of the Patriot Act and related bills and resolutions coming from house and senate post-9/11 that relate to wire-tapping, torture, and general violations of civil liberties.

3) End all foreign aid programs implemented via the State Department, while creating a simple Emergency Relief and Organization Directive that only donates money in humanitarian and natural disasters on a short-term scale only, while also bringing a format to leverage private, competitive programs to solve these problems(don't forget all of the people that will be out of jobs with a massively down-sized State Department; this allows transitionary period using NGO's).

4) Solve Iraq. End of foreign aid gains moral high ground alongside declaration of end to interventionism, plus leverage Iran's soft power, while creating a plan to slowly pull out.

5) Reform the monetary system by creating a competing currency with the US dollar based on the gold standard, pegged by the free market.(in short-phrasing)

JosephTheLibertarian
07-03-2008, 06:56 PM
I invite everyone to imagine he or she is the president.

Name five or more things at the top of your agenda.

If I were President,...

Bring boys home.

Rid DC of 35,000 lobbyists forever.

Repeal many regulations and sanctions and treaties.

Eliminate several cabinet posts (you know the ones) :)

Start legislation or do an Executive Order to eliminate the Federal Reserve.

If I were president.... very pragmatic

form the "libertarian council" to assist in executive policy
leave iraq and afghanistan, unless the Senate plans on voting them into the US? doubtful
repeal of the federal income tax and the 16th amendment. we would transition to a flat tax system
increase social security, but we would come up with good ways to privatize it
repeal of all federal laws against competing currencies
try to eliminate many federal departments
cut taxes

cut tariffs
cut some useless bases overseas and build some strategically in the US
research STAR WARS technology
offer tax credits
improve and repair our infrastructure
end the drug war
build strong friendships overseas
maybe enter the Sudan to help the people over there
allow drilling in ANWR
fight for gay marriage; or scrap the marriage licensing system altogether
cut federal tobacco taxes
balance the budget

stick the military on the border and search immigrants as they enter
get rid of the deth penalty
offer "prizes" for research milesones in various different fields
school voucher system

support the woman's right to choose
begin the transition of switching the military to use alternative energy, so that we don't have to rely on fossil fuels so much
upgrade our military

we really don't have to get rid of every federal department, we just need to make sure they don't impede on the economic in negative ways.

Ozwest
07-03-2008, 07:07 PM
If I were President...

Ron Paul would be my Prime Minister.

kaleidoscope eyes
07-03-2008, 07:20 PM
Appoint myself President for life.

Tell the IRS to audit Alex Jones.

Have a likeness of my ass mooning all of creation carved onto mount rushmore.

Make "talk like a pirate day" a national holiday.

Declare war on Canada.

Best President EVER :p:D

SovereignMN
07-07-2008, 01:23 PM
-Threaten military action against Israel if they don't cease and desist their aggression towards Palestine, and pressure them to begin turning over land claimed to legally belong to Palestine.

You pretty much have me on every issue but this one. We need to STOP all foreign intervention.

acptulsa
07-07-2008, 01:31 PM
One: Promise to have myself publically horsewhipped if I fail to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution.

Two: Everything in my mortal power to ensure that the subject never, ever comes up again!!!

BudhaStalin
07-07-2008, 01:32 PM
If i were president...

I'd make myself dictator and get rid of the Constitution.

Enslave 99% of the population to benefit the other 1%.

Declare that once a day everyone pray to me.

Build myself a giant 5000000 foot by 5000000 foot palace with only a giant chair in the middle.

and last but not least, KFC on every corner! and kool-aid water fountains!

revolutionman
07-07-2008, 01:34 PM
one thing I'd to is begin legislation to pass into federal law a law that states that any person elected or appointed to public office that is tried and found guilty of any form of corruption will be subject to a mandatory minimum sentence of 10 years in prison.

I'm sick and tired of city councilmen, mayors, governors, and congressmen, getting convicted and being sentenced to 18 months, or house arrest or probation. Stealing from the people, or misusing the power vested in you by the people is TREASON, truthfully they should be hanged, but lets start with a stern warning, and if the temptation is still to great for people to resist, then we'll start handing out 25 to life sentences.

Corrupt politicians should do more time than drug dealers, not less. They are supposed to set the example, they are our elected representatives.

If i were president...

Build myself a giant 5000000 foot by 5000000 foot palace with only a giant chair in the middle.

I know its you George W!!!

acptulsa
07-07-2008, 01:35 PM
If i were president...

A cross between Buddha and Stalin indeed? Or merely a sock puppet for Kim Jong Il?

BudhaStalin
07-07-2008, 01:40 PM
Kim Jong Il will be an honorary member of my cool leaders club

acptulsa
07-07-2008, 01:42 PM
Kim Jong Il will be an honorary member of my cool leaders club

Cool--just as long as you keep the club members out of trouble!

BudhaStalin
07-07-2008, 01:44 PM
Fair enough. Don't worry I'll keep them in check.

mport1
07-07-2008, 01:49 PM
If I were President, I would eliminate every possible government program possible, eliminate the position of President and then resign.

SovereignMN
07-07-2008, 01:51 PM
If I were President, I would eliminate every possible government program possible, eliminate the position of President and then resign.

You can't resign from a position that doesn't exist. ;) Once you eliminate it, it's gone.

Madcat455
07-07-2008, 02:04 PM
If I were president....

Make the public love me by giving away freebies
blame the comming economic problems on a select group (say old people)
Make the public afraid to go outside (terrorist attacks, etc, whatever)
I would quickly ban all ammunition, and products to make it.(for the safety of the children)
Declare martial law under my command(to quickly handle the Faux terrorist attacks).
Employ Black water, black hawk, Black coffee (whatever, I don't remember their name) to silence all dissent (permently).
round up all "old people" (say over 65), deem them usless members of society, and line them up for mandatory euthansia(If I blamed "Old people" above).
pour all resources into military development
institute mandatory millitary service
And proceed to attempt to take over the world.

Hey.. I am German after all.;):D:p

Seriously... I wouldn't want to be president.... I like my privacy, and wouldn't want my life picked through like that:mad:

Not to mention... I don't think I could do it. The thought doesn't appeal to me.

acptulsa
07-07-2008, 02:09 PM
Seriously... I wouldn't want to be president.... I like my privacy, and wouldn't want my life picked through like that:mad:

I do wonder if this isn't part of our problem. Do the ones who make it bury the bodies sooner rather than later to ensure they aren't caught with skeletons in their closet, or do they pander to the other elites so much old Rupert Murdoch doesn't dare expose them? Either way, it seems this fascination of ours is self-defeating. It hasn't been helping us attract the best and the brightest to the cause.

JosephTheLibertarian
07-07-2008, 02:21 PM
If I were president I'd...do nothing :) I'd play video games for 4-8 years.

mport1
07-07-2008, 02:27 PM
You can't resign from a position that doesn't exist. ;) Once you eliminate it, it's gone.

Haha, guess you're right. Also, as a pre-requisite for any political position, I would refuse to take a salary.

Kludge
07-07-2008, 03:03 PM
Year One -

Withdraw military from... everywhere.
Use diplomats to apologize to the nations we've offended and try to ensure no war breaks out.
Begin to de-regulate the economy.
Apologize to those under 30, but eliminate their social security & medicare. Money required to pay those still set to be covered by the foolish programs will be paid by printing money & deficit spending (if inflation comes close to double-digit %s)

Year Two -

Drastically reduce military spending on research, focus what is left of the funding toward unmanned infantry. Stop military recruiting.
Begin eliminating the drug war by means of de-regulating "soft" drugs. Those who broke the prior laws will not be permitted leave from prison.
Finish the de-regulation process & eliminate all departments except veteran affairs, the treasury and the Government Accountability Office (which will have increased funding and resources).

Year Three -

Set up a voluntary tax fund to help pay off national debt. Focus all resources on cutting spending, printing money, and paying off our absurdly high amount of debt.
De-regulate immigration quotas, allow immigrants to have their wages garnished instead of forcing them to pay up-front.

Year Four -

De-regulate campaign financing and set up a voluntary fund for debates. All parties will be forced to have their convention on the same day if they wish to participate in the national debates. Those with the highest numerical amount of votes will be allowed to debate (highest being the number we have capacity for without going over-budget).
Pay off national debt.

Years Five to Seven -

Pay off national debt.

Year Eight -

End the Fed

Uriel999
07-07-2008, 03:26 PM
1st, I would bring home troops on all foreign soil.

2nd, abolish all those annoying abc programs first with the DEA the ceremony would involve kicking John Walters in the ass while choreographed in the back was DEA's main branch being imploded. I would declare the Federal Reserve and the IRS to be domestic terrorist organizations under this as well.

3rd, I would challenge Ahmadinejad to a fight president verses president just cause I think that dude is an ass, but I don't want to screw the Iranian people with war. Just want to kick their presidents ass live and broad casted internationally for all to see.

4th, I would make Pabst Blue Ribbon the national beer.

5th, resign and demand Ron Paul take my position as president of the USA making it clear that he is not allowed to take away pbr as the national beer as part of the deal.

LittleLightShining
07-07-2008, 03:31 PM
Begin eliminating the drug war by means of de-regulating "soft" drugs. Those who broke the prior laws will not be permitted leave from prison.

Why not?

Year Eight -

End the Fed
Why wait so long?

3rd, I would challenge Ahmadinejad to a fight president verses president just cause I think that dude is an ass, but I don't want to screw the Iranian people with war. Just want to kick their presidents ass live and broad casted internationally for all to see.I LOVE this! I would love to see the presidents duking it out. You could eliminate all taxes and televise it pay-per-view and pay off the national debt in 2-3 conflicts. I LOVE it. Great idea, Uriel.

Kludge
07-07-2008, 03:33 PM
Why not?

They broke the law to obtain it. Either they're addicted and/or stupid.

Why wait so long?

Need them to fund the gov't while we pay off the national debt/social assistance programs for the dependents.

Uriel999
07-07-2008, 03:37 PM
I LOVE this! I would love to see the presidents duking it out. You could eliminate all taxes and televise it pay-per-view and pay off the national debt in 2-3 conflicts. I LOVE it. Great idea, Uriel.

lol, thanks. Although there is a potential problem with this...eventually the world leaders would all end looking a lot more like professional wrestlers and boxers than leaders of nations. Then again, Jesse Ventura would probably be a great president. :D

Carole
07-07-2008, 03:38 PM
:)

LittleLightShining
07-07-2008, 03:38 PM
They broke the law to obtain it. Either they're addicted and/or stupid.

I don't get it. Ok, say someone was in prison for a marijuana trafficking offense. If you legalized marijuana (which I'm assuming fits your definition of "soft drug") the trafficking would no longer be illegal. Why not just let all the nonviolent offenders out. I think there might be some challenges to whether or not it would be lawful to incarcerate someone for an offense which is no longer illegal.

Morally I know I wouldn't feel right about it.

LittleLightShining
07-07-2008, 03:41 PM
lol, thanks. Although there is a potential problem with this...eventually the world leaders would all end looking a lot more like professional wrestlers and boxers than leaders of nations. Then again, Jesse Ventura would probably be a great president. :DI didn't think of that. Hmmm.... People wouldn't be so quick to elect old men, either... Oh well. It was a good thought anyway :D

Kludge
07-07-2008, 03:43 PM
I don't get it. Ok, say someone was in prison for a marijuana trafficking offense. If you legalized marijuana (which I'm assuming fits your definition of "soft drug") the trafficking would no longer be illegal. Why not just let all the nonviolent offenders out. I think there might be some challenges to whether or not it would be lawful to incarcerate someone for an offense which is no longer illegal.

Morally I know I wouldn't feel right about it.

Ideally, we'd make prisons profitable so that their offense to society doesn't become an eternal burden...

As for morals.... I'd love for all stupid people to be kept out of view/voting process and have no problem doing so as long as hard evidence exists. I can't assume from a standardized test or grade point average if someone is stupid.... However, to be trafficking drugs, you HAVE to be stupid (to take the first hit and become addicted to an unlawful substance would also be the result of stupidity).

LittleLightShining
07-07-2008, 03:49 PM
However, to be trafficking drugs, you HAVE to be stupid (to take the first hit and become addicted to an unlawful substance would also be the result of stupidity).I disagree. Drug traffickers are businessmen first. Don't get me wrong-- crackheads and meth-hoes and junkies definitely have problems. Stupidity isn't necessarily one of them. I know a few very intelligent people who got sucked in. Whatever causes one to become an alcoholic is the same type of thing that causes drug addictions.

But once you change the laws so that something that was once illegal is now legal, it doesn't seem right to keep them in prison just because you think they are stupid.

I also don't think prisons ought to be profit centers and it's one function of government that I do not think should be privatized.

Uriel999
07-07-2008, 03:51 PM
As for morals.... I'd love for all stupid people to be kept out of view/voting process and have no problem doing so as long as hard evidence exists. I can't assume from a standardized test or grade point average if someone is stupid.... However, to be trafficking drugs, you HAVE to be stupid (to take the first hit and become addicted to an unlawful substance would also be the result of stupidity).

Dude, to run any business successfully you have to be intelligent and drug running is no different. Also, legal drugs such as cigarettes are more addicting than heroin. Long run both will kill you. Also, I think drug use is a form of civil disobedience. With every toke from the bong one is saying to hell with government control over my body. Sorry man but you are sounding like a DEA rep over this one.

TastyWheat
07-07-2008, 03:51 PM
If I were president facing these current issues these would be at the top of my list:
1) Bring home troops immediately (from every country)
2) Abolish the Federal Reserve
3) Repeal all Federal drug laws
4) Repeal HMO Act
5) Veto ALL unconstitutional spending

Kludge
07-07-2008, 03:54 PM
Stop glorifying drug trafficking... If you're stupid enough to put yourself at such risk to make some money, you don't deserve to vote... Besides, those in prison are the dumbasses who were caught.

mediahasyou
07-07-2008, 03:59 PM
Apologize to those under 30, but eliminate their social security & medicare. Money required to pay those still set to be covered by the foolish programs will be paid by printing money & deficit spending (if inflation comes close to double-digit %s)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QexerwFfe7I