PDA

View Full Version : FreedomRide - grassroots project

6079smithW
07-02-2008, 04:32 PM
Hi Folks.

I'm about to start a motorcycle road-trip designed to create publicity for the issue of monetary reform. I wrote a pamphlet about our monetary system, and I'm going to spend the next 2 months or so traveling around the country, visiting each of the Federal Reserve Banks, distributing copies of the pamphlet, meeting people, and organizing. I'll document the trip on a website.

I'm starting in Boston, and I'll be visiting the other 11 Fed cities in this order: New York, Philly, Richmond, Atlanta, Dallas, St. Louis, Kansas City, San Francisco, Minneapolis, Chicago, Cleveland. I hope to be in Minneapolis on September 2.

As I go, I'm also going to bring attention to various politically active citizens' groups across the country. For example, on the Boston to New York leg of the trip, I will visit the Free State Project in NH, the Second Vermont Republic, and will stop in Ithaca, NY to learn about their local currency, the Ithaca Hour. As I get farther from New England, though, my knowledge of political goings on decreases, and I was wondering if anyone could give me advice about places, people, or ideas I could visit on the trip. My criteria for places to visit are:

1) Near one of the Fed cities, or not too far out of the way of the path between two of them.

2) Some relationship to the issues of monetary policy or to any sort of civic self-determination movement.

I would appreciate any and all suggestions.

Thanks!

Danke
07-02-2008, 04:35 PM
I hope to be in Minneapolis on September 2.

The Fed is close to where we are having the Ron Paul convention.

Directions (http://maps.yahoo.com/;_ylc=X3oDMTExNmIycG51BF9TAzI3MTYxNDkEc2VjA2ZwLWJ1 dHRvbgRzbGsDbGluaw--#mvt=m&lat=44.98164&lon=-93.248805&zoom=15&q1=90%20Hennepin%20Ave%2C%20Minneapolis&q2=williams%20arena%20vf%20cxxx&gid1=24285628)

ronpaulhawaii
07-02-2008, 04:49 PM
Hi Folks.

I'm about to start a motorcycle road-trip designed to create publicity for the issue of monetary reform. I wrote a pamphlet about our monetary system, and I'm going to spend the next 2 months or so traveling around the country, visiting each of the Federal Reserve Banks, distributing copies of the pamphlet, meeting people, and organizing. I'll document the trip on a website.

I'm starting in Boston, and I'll be visiting the other 11 Fed cities in this order: New York, Philly, Richmond, Atlanta, Dallas, St. Louis, Kansas City, San Francisco, Minneapolis, Chicago, Cleveland. I hope to be in Minneapolis on September 2.

As I go, I'm also going to bring attention to various politically active citizens' groups across the country. For example, on the Boston to New York leg of the trip, I will visit the Free State Project in NH, the Second Vermont Republic, and will stop in Ithaca, NY to learn about their local currency, the Ithaca Hour. As I get farther from New England, though, my knowledge of political goings on decreases, and I was wondering if anyone could give me advice about places, people, or ideas I could visit on the trip. My criteria for places to visit are:

1) Near one of the Fed cities, or not too far out of the way of the path between two of them.

2) Some relationship to the issues of monetary policy or to any sort of civic self-determination movement.

I would appreciate any and all suggestions.

Thanks!

Welcome to the forum :)

Cool plan, I can relate :D

Are you part of MeetUp and have you contacted any on your route?

Will you be documenting your trip?

While it is a bit of a different animal, you might find some helpful tidbits on my old blog - www.ronpaulrider.com/blog

Good luck and if I can help, just ask