PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul On Alex Jones Thursday, tomorrow.

Danke
07-02-2008, 03:17 PM
http://www.gcnlive.com/Schedule_Weekdays.html

mport1
07-02-2008, 03:30 PM
I really wish he would stop going on his show.

Danke
07-02-2008, 03:35 PM

You want room 12A, Just along the corridor.
http://writingcompany.blogs.com/this_isnt_writing_its_typ/images/argument_clinic.jpg

votefreedomfirst
07-02-2008, 03:47 PM

Why not? I'm not a fan of Alex Jones but I have more respect for him than the welfare/warfare stooges in the corporate media. If Ron Paul were to turn Jones down because he doesn't want to be "guilty by association", he'd have to turn down MSM interview requests as well. I can guarantee you that CNN/FOX/MSNBC have done much more to ruin America than Alex Jones has.

mport1
07-02-2008, 03:58 PM
Why not? I'm not a fan of Alex Jones but I have more respect for him than the welfare/warfare stooges in the corporate media. If Ron Paul were to turn Jones down because he doesn't want to be "guilty by association", he'd have to turn down MSM interview requests as well. I can guarantee you that CNN/FOX/MSNBC have done much more to ruin America than Alex Jones has.

Why not?

1. So he and the liberty movement don't continue to be labled as conspiracy theorists because of this kind of stuff.
2. Going on there will attract people to Alex Jones' show and all his conspiracies. I don't want more libertarians going down that road both tarnishing the liberty message in the eyes of the public and wasting their valuable time/money on nonsense.

Mckarnin
07-02-2008, 04:03 PM

ditto

Danke
07-02-2008, 04:03 PM
Why not?
2. Going on there will attract people to Alex Jones' show and all his conspiracies. I don't want more libertarians going down that road both tarnishing the liberty message in the eyes of the public and wasting their valuable time/money on nonsense.

Yeah, Libertarians are not critical thinkers, kinda like those Obama groupies. We need to screen the information they are exposed to.

James Madison
07-02-2008, 04:12 PM
You know instead of just bashing Alex Jones why don't you guys take a few minutes to listen to what he says. Sure, there are a few things he says I don't believe in but given the level of corruption in our government and the handling of, among many things, the economy(particularly by the Fed), it's mighty suspicious when you start looking into things like Bilderberg, TLC, CFR, NAU, et al. Even folks among us don't realize the dire straits this country's in.

Kludge
07-02-2008, 04:12 PM
Yeah, Libertarians are not critical thinkers, kinda like those Obama groupies. We need to screen the information they are exposed to.

There are many libertarian groupies.... :(

runningdiz
07-02-2008, 04:19 PM
I would listen to his show if his voice was not so annoying.

yongrel
07-02-2008, 04:21 PM
*sigh*

Printo
07-02-2008, 04:36 PM
ditto

double ditto

Going on that show just discredits this movement as a bunch of crazy truthers and conspiracy theorists who wear tin foil hats & live in their parents basements.

BarryDonegan
07-02-2008, 05:02 PM
the MSM used that smear, but it didn't work on the american people. the voting bloc in america is incredibly small, primarily because the average american has a closer viewpoint to alex jones than to that of foxnews or cnn.

think about the concept of the "conspiracy theory" smear. conspiracy theorists believe such whacko theories as ...

that presidential assassinations might have had groups behind them, who had a motive, who were politically involved, who aided and abetted a successful assassin in killing the president. NON conspiracy theorists believe that every single american presidential assassination was done by a lone weirdo with absolutely no alterior motive, and that anyone who questions this and assumes that some other group may have assisted, financed, plotted, or encourage something as serious, difficult, extreme, and wild as a presidential assassination is a lunatic or on some sort of intellectual fringe.

alex jones plays on fear quite a bit, and therefor deserves a grain of salt, but there are many things he has been proven right on. 911 is not one of those things, but 911 is not something anyone knows too awful much about for certain, we have only the findings of really bad investigation and a terribly deficient media to rely on.

media is media, and alex jones has an activist support base. he also got his city council to reject the patriot act.

he uses his first amendment rights at unpopular times, and was incredibly precient on opposing the war in iraq and the patriot act. so he believes 911 was perpetrated by Bush and Co., or uses that as an emotional hotbutton issue to get traffic to his sites. Even FOXNEWS cherry picks when they want to call him a conspiracy theorist. When he went on FOXNEWS about the DC MADAM he was a documentary filmmaker, when it was about 911 he is a Conspiracy Theorist.

Alawn
07-02-2008, 05:11 PM

I hope he continues to go on his show!

yongrel
07-02-2008, 05:12 PM
I hope he continues to go on his show!

Oh? So you hope that the most prominent member of our movement continues to associate our ideology with the fringe, conspiratorial element, making the focus not on liberty but instead flights of fantasy?

Whatever floats your goat.

mport1
07-02-2008, 05:13 PM
the MSM used that smear, but it didn't work on the american people. the voting bloc in america is incredibly small, primarily because the average american has a closer viewpoint to alex jones than to that of foxnews or cnn.

So I guess that is why he got so few votes and almost everyone I talked to in the streets said he was a crazy conspiracy theorist?

hopeforamerica
07-02-2008, 05:14 PM
Every time Ron Paul goes on the Alex Jones show people argue on here about it. I have to laugh.

Alawn
07-02-2008, 05:18 PM
Alex is always nice to him and lets him talk about anything he wants for as long as he wants. He never tries to push conspiracies on him. If you don't like it then don't listen. We shouldn't be afraid of associating with people. Any chance for Ron Paul to go on national radio is good.

They will probably be talking about the CFL, the economy, and Iran. Nothing Ron Paul wouldn't talk about on any other radio or TV show.

eok321
07-02-2008, 05:22 PM
Whats everyones problem with Alex Jones..so what if he has strong opinions on some stuff that you may not agree with. He's done more for this revolution than anyone by gettin the word out. If ron goes on his show time and time again to tell the truth then im more than happy to listen!

pacelli
07-02-2008, 05:50 PM
You know instead of just bashing Alex Jones why don't you guys take a few minutes to listen to what he says. Sure, there are a few things he says I don't believe in but given the level of corruption in our government and the handling of, among many things, the economy(particularly by the Fed), it's mighty suspicious when you start looking into things like Bilderberg, TLC, CFR, NAU, et al. Even folks among us don't realize the dire straits this country's in.

Well said. Ron Paul talks about the TLC, CFR, and the NAU. Ron Paul talks about the diving economy. Does it make him wrong because Alex says the same things?

I think the bottom line is that given Jonathan Bydlak's revelations about Ron's relationship with the media during the campaign, Ron is reluctant to go on any media that hasn't earned his trust. Since he's been on Alex's show more times than Wolf Blitzer, Bill O'Reilly, Bill Moyers, COMBINED, maybe Ron is sending a message that he's comfortable with Alex's approach. Or maybe it's just a Texas thing.

I don't agree with everything Alex says either, but he at least presents mainstream news evidence for 85% of what he does say. It is his interpretation of those news articles which can (and should) be challenged. However, he has led many into the freedom movement, like it or not, and I don't feel comfortable excluding him.

I think the term "conspiracy theory" is thrown around way too much. A conspiracy is a term in the common dictionary as well as the legal dictionary. Therefore, it is possible that political and economic conspiracies are a reality. Does it go as far as Alex Jones says? Who knows?

pacelli
07-02-2008, 06:00 PM
Alex is always nice to him and lets him talk about anything he wants for as long as he wants. He never tries to push conspiracies on him. If you don't like it then don't listen. We shouldn't be afraid of associating with people. Any chance for Ron Paul to go on national radio is good.

They will probably be talking about the CFL, the economy, and Iran. Nothing Ron Paul wouldn't talk about on any other radio or TV show.

And Kent Snyder, I'm sure.

freelance
07-02-2008, 06:02 PM
So I guess that is why he got so few votes and almost everyone I talked to in the streets said he was a crazy conspiracy theorist?

I hate to break this to you and others, but most Americans have never heard of Alex Jones! Another thing, he has some mighty credentialed and credible guests, but I don't suppose that matters, huh?

V-rod
07-02-2008, 06:02 PM
Jones is a moron, but Pat Buchanan and other notable people use the show to voice their opinions, so Dr. Paul is in good company.

Danke
07-03-2008, 11:34 AM
Ron Paul is on now.

ChrisInMN
07-03-2008, 02:16 PM
Jones is a moron, but Pat Buchanan and other notable people use the show to voice their opinions, so Dr. Paul is in good company.

Can you please enlighten me as to why you think Jones is a moron? And also, as a long time listener of Alex Jones, please enlighten me as to the last time Pat Buchanan has been a guest? I've listened everyday for a couple years and I recall him being on there only one time.

ChrisInMN