PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Paul still eligible for gop nomination!

Crash Martinez
07-02-2008, 01:46 PM
http://www.nolanchart.com/article4155.html

theantirobot
07-02-2008, 01:53 PM
It's going to be exciting. Suprises can happen. Given the diar state of our economy and nation, people will be looking for answers. We all know Dr. Paul is the only one who has them.

AJ Antimony
07-02-2008, 02:11 PM
Guess what? Anybody is still eligible for the nomination because the Republicans haven't had their convention yet

speciallyblend
07-02-2008, 02:21 PM
Guess what? Anybody is still eligible for the nomination because the Republicans haven't had their convention yet

that means there is no nominee in the republican party until convention. It also means 2 months ,is a mighty longtime and we have time to educate some delegates, never say never, the fat lady does not sing until convention day, everyday mccain speaks or is seen on tv, is a day closer for republicans to understand that mccain will not win, anyway we will not know the nominee until convention day no matter what mccain/gop tells you,its truly the delegates and many do not like mccain these are the ones we must wake up, the other delegates will go where the grass is greener and mccains grass is burning up;) never say never ,unless you can predict everything that happens everyday on the minute every minute;)

Catatonic
07-02-2008, 02:30 PM
I hate to inject reality into this, I really do, but Dr. Paul already said he doesn't want a delegate revolt, and even if we find some way to steal the nomination for him, he won't accept it.

Face it guys, the presidential run is over. Its time to focus on the campaign for liberty.

SweetMona
07-02-2008, 02:37 PM
I wonder why Ron Paul hasn't made much comments/provide answers on NAD's questions re: Presidential position on disability/deafness. Does that mean he might not support American With Disability Act?
Your opinion?
See their link...
http://www.nad.org/site/pp.asp?c=foINKQMBF&b=3677851

Go to "Presidental Election Action Center"
He gave zero answers to NAD but Obama gave them fancy answers. I mean I knew Ron Paul would provide better answers.... The whole point is that we need to do more outreaches... Lotsa work to do til Convention time!

ClayTrainor
07-02-2008, 02:39 PM
I hate to inject reality into this, I really do, but Dr. Paul already said he doesn't want a delegate revolt, and even if we find some way to steal the nomination for him, he won't accept it.

Face it guys, the presidential run is over. Its time to focus on the campaign for liberty.

it would still prove a massive point, and would ensure that the republic is still in tact...

All Seeing Eye
07-02-2008, 02:49 PM
http://www.dvds4delegates.com/

Donate if you can. Only $92000 secures a copy of these DVD's for EVERY Delegate and Alternate in the country.

speciallyblend
07-02-2008, 02:50 PM

in what? the republican party ,well good luck ,ill stay republican but to think once they lose, the republican party? won't be worth selling to anyone,like selling spoiled milk ,the republican brand name ,thats the problem..... i hope something happens soon . I hope something is being announced at the CFL Convention other then funding candidates and scholarships? if not . I might have to consider staying home . The CFL better have a huge message sept 2nd or in the next 2 yrs i might have to consider anything but a republican( i have no interest in mccain /obama or the republican party,after what the gop has pulled....... i really want to know whats being announced that will be so big. I want to justify spending money i do not even have.... I truly do not know if i can accept the republican party after this election!!!, truly frustrated about the gop. I need a break from the stinch of the republican party...

pauletteNV
07-02-2008, 05:22 PM

Actually, I think Ron Paul would take the nomination from the floor if that is what we give him. He has told us to keep fighting for delegates and he is a honorable man, if we call him to work, he won't be late. He told us to get involved with the process and learn - if we don't learn how to affect results and how to keep it transparent and representing the desires of the delegates and not just party leadership, we aren't listening to the message. He will accept a nomination. Will he get it, probably not, but particularly not if we keep thinking negatively. All of the delegates for Ron Paul should go to the convention with at least a little hope in their hearts and some fire in their bellies. I do believe we need to work deligently on the campaign for liberty as well, but not exclusively. I think the GOP is in trouble and they might need a miracle and we happen to have one to offer them. Strange things can happen at Conventions.

No1ButPaul08
07-02-2008, 06:44 PM
I can't believe people are still talking about this

slacker921
07-02-2008, 07:02 PM

+10

acptulsa
07-02-2008, 07:18 PM

Hope springs eternal. Who would relish the thought of the nation in the hands of the contenders?

You must remember the feeling, if your handle is any indication...

No1ButPaul08
07-02-2008, 07:32 PM
Hope springs eternal. Who would relish the thought of the nation in the hands of the contenders?

You must remember the feeling, if your handle is any indication...

Oh I still wish Dr. Paul was the nominee or even in the race. But for people to talk about it like there is still a chance of it happening is just foolish.

speciallyblend
07-02-2008, 07:56 PM
why is it of your concern,if its foolish why respond. why do you feel a need to even respond to anyone who is still trying to win delegates. the point is to try to win delegates and if you think you can predict the future nostradamus then go ahead..... why dont you just go to your corner and forget about delegates and let people do what they need to do to convert delegates,unless you do not want as many ron paul delegates at the convention? isnt the point to keep building delegates no matter what the outcome is, thats all we are doing and sorry unless your god, 2 months is a life time in politics im glad you know all...

No1ButPaul08
07-02-2008, 08:09 PM
why is it of your concern,if its foolish why respond. why do you feel a need to even respond to anyone who is still trying to win delegates. the point is to try to win delegates and if you think you can predict the future nostradamus then go ahead..... why dont you just go to your corner and forget about delegates and let people do what they need to do to convert delegates,unless you do not want as many ron paul delegates at the convention? isnt the point to keep building delegates no matter what the outcome is, thats all we are doing and sorry unless your god, 2 months is a life time in politics im glad you know all...

Where did I say anything about not trying to get delegates, or not wanting as many delegates as possible at the convention? Good luck finding that. Keep making the straw man arguments. What I have said is Ron Paul has a 0% chance at the nomination, which is a fact. Is doesn't take Nostradamus or anyone like him to realize this.

speciallyblend
07-02-2008, 08:20 PM
Where did I say anything about not trying to get delegates, or not wanting as many delegates as possible at the convention? Good luck finding that. Keep making the straw man arguments. What I have said is Ron Paul has a 0% chance at the nomination, which is a fact. Is doesn't take Nostradamus or anyone like him to realize this.

i saY NEVER SAY NEVER until then there is no nominee in the republican party until convention day,u and me are just guessing so your arguing over things me or you do not know unless we control everyday history, until you can predict history , you and me know nothing and your only guessing what you think and not what you know... do what you gotta do but we all know reality and we are fighting for something and until sept 1st and the convention you know about as much as i do which is nothing.....

speciallyblend
07-02-2008, 08:25 PM
the title of the thread says just what it says and nothing more,so im not sure why you want to argue ,but the fact is ron paul still can be nominated on the floor and always has a chance if we can educate enough delegates in the next 2 months, until sept 1st anything you say that isnt about educating delegates and winning more delegates and getting ron paul as our nominee isnt helping so ,take your energy toward mccain and just keep working and stop fighting people who are trying to win the nomination for ron paul ,it is never over until convention day, until then you know nothing of the future. everyone here knows reality ,but we are fighting for a nominee, sorry you do not like that we still have hope,do me a favor crush the hope and keep up the great work

slacker921
07-02-2008, 08:25 PM
Quick.. someone find a quote from a national GOP leader saying that if McCain had to drop out for health reasons that they would love to see Paul become the nominee...
The "McCain delegates" are going to do whatever the GOP tells them to do, and the GOP is going to tell them to choose anyone but Paul.

puppetmaster
07-02-2008, 08:27 PM
Actually, I think Ron Paul would take the nomination from the floor if that is what we give him. He has told us to keep fighting for delegates and he is a honorable man, if we call him to work, he won't be late. He told us to get involved with the process and learn - if we don't learn how to affect results and how to keep it transparent and representing the desires of the delegates and not just party leadership, we aren't listening to the message. He will accept a nomination. Will he get it, probably not, but particularly not if we keep thinking negatively. All of the delegates for Ron Paul should go to the convention with at least a little hope in their hearts and some fire in their bellies. I do believe we need to work deligently on the campaign for liberty as well, but not exclusively. I think the GOP is in trouble and they might need a miracle and we happen to have one to offer them. Strange things can happen at Conventions.

yep I agree

speciallyblend
07-02-2008, 08:28 PM
i get you do not have any faith in our delegates,so drop it ok;) im just trying so if you want to argue over our hope,because you think he has 0 chance then no i will not give up ,just to spite you

speciallyblend
07-02-2008, 08:29 PM
slacker sure lives up to his name, go bother some mccain delegates ok

speciallyblend
07-02-2008, 08:30 PM

who are negative instead of arguing with us,why not go bother some mccain delegates or is that too much to ask

speciallyblend
07-02-2008, 08:35 PM
no1butpaul08 ,do me a favor since your id says that, why not support this letter instead of arguing with me www.lettertogop.com ,of course unless you want to attack the letter as well...

No1ButPaul08
07-02-2008, 08:40 PM
Quick.. someone find a quote from a national GOP leader saying that if McCain had to drop out for health reasons that they would love to see Paul become the nominee...
The "McCain delegates" are going to do whatever the GOP tells them to do, and the GOP is going to tell them to choose anyone but Paul.

This is true. The delegates are party hacks, and will do what the party tells them to do. The RNC will be no different than the state conventions, they will go out of their way to make sure Ron Paul has no impact at the convention

the title of the thread says just what it says and nothing more,so im not sure why you want to argue ,but the fact is ron paul still can be nominated on the floor and always has a chance if we can educate enough delegates in the next 2 months, until sept 1st anything you say that isnt about educating delegates and winning more delegates and getting ron paul as our nominee isnt helping so ,take your energy toward mccain and just keep working and stop fighting people who are trying to win the nomination for ron paul ,it is never over until convention day, until then you know nothing of the future. everyone here knows reality ,but we are fighting for a nominee, sorry you do not like that we still have hope,do me a favor crush the hope and keep up the great work

Keep making the straw man arguments. I have never stopped anyone from educating or trying to win delegates. Of course the other day you claimed I had, "given up" and then today encourage me to be a traitor. The fact is Ron Paul has 0% chance of winning the nomination, which he himself has said. Please keep educating and trying to win delegates, but don't think these efforts will bring Ron Paul any closer to the nomination, because IT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

No1ButPaul08
07-02-2008, 08:41 PM
he has 0 chance then no i will not give up ,just to spite you

Where have I told you to give up? Looks like another straw man argument

Conza88
07-02-2008, 08:55 PM

http://www.forumammo.com/cpg/albums/userpics/10063/RonaldMcGTFO.jpg

PlzPeopleWakeUp
07-02-2008, 09:26 PM
nt

speciallyblend
07-02-2008, 09:43 PM
you spew negativity ,with your foolish comment and continued arguments ,we get you have given up on ron paul being a nominee ,we haven't!!!. go debate a mccain delegate and stop bothering people who are trying very hard to convert delegates while you call them foolish ,great work

you have said nothing positive other then trying to down folks for trying to win ron paul the nomination ,for you to say its over when it's not is the point you can have an opinion but no need to call people foolish or try to undermine what they are doing with your negativity , like i said why not go convert a delegate instead of arguing over everything you know written in stone

No1ButPaul08
07-02-2008, 09:47 PM
you spew negativity ,with your follish comment and contniue arguments . go debate a mccain delegate and stop bothering people who are trying very hard to convert delegates while you call them foolish ,great work

I will stop arguing when you stop making straw man arguments. You did it again. I'm not calling anybody foolish for trying to convert delegates. I'm calling them foolish for saying Ron still has a chance at the nomination, which he doesn't, which he himself has acknowledged.

speciallyblend
07-02-2008, 09:53 PM
shove the straw man where the sun don;t shine...... i was talking in general to all you negatives azzes yes you have not said anything positive so i will ignore you , you have no argument, look there is no nomination until the convention so get working or shut t f up, im glad you know the future and im talking to all you negative people. putting you on ignore bye
i dont need your negative bs crap ,

No1ButPaul08
07-02-2008, 10:15 PM
shove the straw man where the sun don;t shine...... i was talking in general to all you negatives azzes

No, actually your straw man posts where directed at me. You cite things i've said and spin my words into something i don't believe.

speciallyblend
07-02-2008, 10:22 PM
Dr. Paul is still eligible for the gop nomination, enuff said

hrdman2luv
07-02-2008, 10:43 PM
If Ron Paul was given the nomination, he would take it. It's his dream to regain America to greatness. To actually have the approval of all Americans for him and against the corrupt congress.

Jeb Hensarling, my 5th district NEOCON representitive should be ashamed of himself for his war on "earmarks". Especially, since he fails to see the good things that bringing "OUR" money back to "OUR" community. He has never brought this district anything good.
Sadly enough, there isn't anyone running against him.

TheTyke
07-02-2008, 11:26 PM
0% chance is a ridiculous claim to make when something isn't even finalized, no matter how the odds are stacked against you. I just don't get why some people are so dedicated to being gloomy. There may be a 5% chance, a 1% chance, or even a .005% chance... but to claim 0% is being arrogantly negative. If that's what floats your boat though... sheesh/

Ron Paul said "nearly 0% chance of a brokered convention" and "unfortunately, we cannot expect speaking time or a nomination from the floor".

Joseph Hart
07-02-2008, 11:41 PM
GOP could realize McCain wont win and they throw in Ron Paul.

thomaseusin
07-03-2008, 06:21 AM
If converting delegates to be Ron Paul-aware means that we're educating them about his ideals and planting the seeds for the future, I'd say go for it.

Doesn't matter if it's for this election or the next.

pauletteNV
07-03-2008, 07:45 AM
Negativity gains us nothing. Bickering gains us nothing. Don't we have projects to do for the Campaign and for Dr. Paul? There is enough gloom and doom out there without worrying about percentages. Do you know when there will absolutely be ZERO chance? When we stop giving Dr. Paul our support...he has said so.

Look at what was accomplished in Nevada. If nothing else we put the NV GOP "leadership" on notice. Big step...you bet, because we elected 28 delegates to St. Paul. Will it be fought, yes, but there are people prepared to take this all the way to the floor of the convention. Does the NV GOP really want the laundry right out there for everyone to see? Do not give up...run for offices, write emails, chip in to the causes which float your boat...find people who are beginning to wake up and give them a Jolt of reality. Come on folks, do you like where our country is going? No, so it is up to us to not "in fight" but to take the message to the people. IMO, we need people to "join" not grumble.
Focus.......

ChrisInMN
07-03-2008, 08:39 AM
Dr. Paul is still eligible for the gop nomination, enuff said

Uhm, Dr. Paul ended his campaign some time ago. I don't understand why some people can't let this go? No amount of DVDs being sent to delegates, and no amount of trying to rig the election is going to change that fact. Can we just move on and go with the CFL? He's said numerous times that the campaign is over with - and that a revolt at the convention would not be a good thing.
Everyone is upset with the way that this country is being run, and where it's heading - but the 2008 election is not going to end up with Ron Paul as the commander in chief. As soon as people just accept that - the sooner we can focus all our energy on something that is going to really make a difference.

"It's takes a good friend to tell you you're just pissin' in the wind" - Neil Young

ChrisInMN

SnappleLlama
07-03-2008, 08:52 AM
Uhm, Dr. Paul ended his campaign some time ago. I don't understand why some people can't let this go? No amount of DVDs being sent to delegates, and no amount of trying to rig the election is going to change that fact. Can we just move on and go with the CFL? He's said numerous times that the campaign is over with - and that a revolt at the convention would not be a good thing.
Everyone is upset with the way that this country is being run, and where it's heading - but the 2008 election is not going to end up with Ron Paul as the commander in chief. As soon as people just accept that - the sooner we can focus all our energy on something that is going to really make a difference.

"It's takes a good friend to tell you you're just pissin' in the wind" - Neil Young

ChrisInMN

It doesn't hurt to hope (unless you're talkin' about the Obama-nable Strawman).

Crash Martinez
07-03-2008, 09:50 AM
I was just thinking what odd comments those were coming from someone named "No1ButPaul08."
. . . .

No1ButPaul08
07-03-2008, 10:00 AM

ChrisInMN

+1

I was just thinking what odd comments those were coming from someone named "No1ButPaul08."
. . . .

Look, I want Dr. Paul to be President just as much as everyone else. I also wish he was still in the running. But I'm not going to go around looking like a fool claiming he has a chance because of a name i've chosen for an internet forum.

pendragon
07-06-2008, 07:51 PM
some will say that Dr. Paul himself has said so - but has he? Listen very carefully to what he says and writes - listen and read at least TWICE! the good doctor does not speak like the others, his words have meaning, compared to him, theirs don't...

here lately, when he speaks, he is speaking to three audiences at the same time:

* the Federal Election Commission and to compliance with federal and state election laws
* to voters and the general public not yet for liberty and constitution
* to us, we that know (or should know) that nothing has changed, that for the sake of liberty and constitution he did, does, and still needs to be nominated from the floor and then elected by the Delegates in Convention as the Republican Party Nominee, and then finally elected by General Election voters to the White House (who would argue that he does not?)

as to the first - he nails it!
as to the second - there are still folks coming to the banner of freedom - he is nailing that too!
as to the third - he hasn't the power nor the responsibility to do what only we can do...

if he nails the third, it will be because we have the ears to hear and the eyes to see, and the determination in our hearts like that of Ron Paul and the founding fathers - to never quit, to not give up, to finish the race...all the way across the finish line - you can't win if you quit before finishing the race and as any runner knows, you give it all you have, and nothing less, all the way through to the end, only after crossing the finish line do you let up

This years race has never been about the person of Dr. Paul - it is about the the message - the message that is not his alone - it is our message, the message of our forefathers - Ron Paul only offered himself as a candidate for the message - he is not a Ron Paul supporter, we are - it is not up to him to finish what he alone did not start - it is up to us - it is our responsibility, our joint responsibility and our personal responsibility

do not expect him to be something he is not, do not expect him to be like the others, do not expect to hear the words of others in him...

study Dr. Paul - he is not a shallow man (and we may yet prove him to be the smartest guy in this election cycle)

every real and good reason to Stand Tall for Ron Paul, at any point in time, is still just as valid

cyndezu
07-06-2008, 08:32 PM
Yes, and here is a great digg to help promote it, DVD's for delegates. Ron Paul will accept the nomination, lets help the delegate's get him there!

http://digg.com/politics/THE_REVOLUTION_IS_ON_2 diggin ;)

The_Orlonater
07-06-2008, 09:12 PM
you spew negativity ,with your foolish comment and continued arguments ,we get you have given up on ron paul being a nominee ,we haven't!!!. go debate a mccain delegate and stop bothering people who are trying very hard to convert delegates while you call them foolish ,great work

you have said nothing positive other then trying to down folks for trying to win ron paul the nomination ,for you to say its over when it's not is the point you can have an opinion but no need to call people foolish or try to undermine what they are doing with your negativity , like i said why not go convert a delegate instead of arguing over everything you know written in stone

+1

If Ron Paul is the nominee, I'll take out the Bob Barr thing in my signature. I just hope Barr will drop out if RP is the GOP nominee.

Bradley in DC
07-06-2008, 09:14 PM
The article demonstrates no understanding of the rules to "eligible" to even be nominated. :o

pendragon
07-07-2008, 01:02 AM
The article demonstrates no understanding of the rules to "eligible" to even be nominated. :o

any and all (Paul, McCain, others?), who qualify for the office, and are nominated from the floor by 5 state delegations are eligible to be on the ballot, to be voted on by the Convention of Delegates, to become the one nominated by the convention as the Party's Nominee, the Party's Candidate for President

to what article do you refer?

gilliganscorner
07-07-2008, 06:25 AM
Hi Folks,

Excuse my ignorance, but I would like to ask a question. With the Nevada results coming in and with the new RP delegates going to Minnesota, does this mean RP now has a spot to make a speech as well as McCain to the all the delegates?

Thanks!

Roxi
07-07-2008, 07:57 AM
i hate to inject reality into this, i really do, but dr. Paul already said he doesn't want a delegate revolt, and even if we find some way to steal the nomination for him, he won't accept it.

lies.... All lies.... You lie!!!!....

pendragon
07-07-2008, 11:55 AM
I hate to inject reality into this, I really do, ...
reality? as in a realist? Benedict Arnold was a realist, and look want it got him. George Washington was not, thank God!

... but Dr. Paul already said he doesn't want a delegate revolt, ...
not true - he said no demonstrations, as in "floor demonstrations" (look it up) - and he said no disruptions, as in we will stay within the rules - listen carefully to all that he said, again

... and even if we find some way to steal the nomination for him, he won't accept it. ...
1st - Delegates voting as they choose is not stealing - if i vote for Ron Paul, am i stealing? Delegates have the right to vote as they see fit - that is why they are sent there. Did all those that voted for Paul in the Primaries steal votes from...who?

2nd - Dr. Paul did not say that - he DID say that he would accept.

... Face it guys, the presidential run is over.
why should we face what the McCain Camp does not? why is the McCain Camp still campaigning for the nomination? why are they campaigning the state Delegations? why are they putting pressure on state Party officials?

could it be that they know it's not over until the Delegates vote in September?

... Its time to focus on the campaign for liberty.

...and dvds4delegates.com is focus on the campaign for liberty, the one we are in now, the one that was and is

pendragon
07-07-2008, 12:24 PM
To all who say that it's over:

PLEASE contact the McCain Camp and tell THEM it's over
PLEASE tell them to stop campaigning for the nomination
PLEASE tell them to leave the state delegations alone, it doesn't matter who they vote for
PLEASE tell them to focus ALL their time and energy campaigning for the General Election, not just the public campaigning, but all of the private campaigning as well
PLEASE tell THEM it's a lock, it's in the bag...

and while your at it, ask THEM why they don't believe you
or better yet, ask them, "Don't you guys watch TV?"

pauletteNV
07-07-2008, 01:02 PM
Pendragon...
What words of wisdom...it's a pleasure to read your thoughtful logic. We must also remember that this is a learning experience...learning to stand up for what we believe in and not to back down to the pressures of the powerhouse known as the RNC. Learning how the system works and how to make it work for us, not against us. Taking back our liberties, step by step.

I am disappointed to hear the support of other presidential candidates even before the convention. Hear my words, Ron Paul suspended his run, he did not withdraw. I am disenchanted with those who claim to be Ron Paul supporters and yet back down when the battle gets a little tough. That is not now R3volutions are won. I actually think when reviewing some of his comments, Ron Paul was expecting this reaction because he knows how much dedication and perservence it takes to continue in the face of adversity. It is hard to be aggressive and stay focused when you are fighting such a strong and entrenched foe. Look at what he has been doing for us for so many years...try to think like Ron Paul. Now is not, imo, the time to let down our guard and retreat...even a little. Please we can do this...

Catatonic
07-07-2008, 02:14 PM
reality? as in a realist? Benedict Arnold was a realist, and look want it got him. George Washington was not, thank God!

not true - he said no demonstrations, as in "floor demonstrations" (look it up) - and he said no disruptions, as in we will stay within the rules - listen carefully to all that he said, again

1st - Delegates voting as they choose is not stealing - if i vote for Ron Paul, am i stealing? Delegates have the right to vote as they see fit - that is why they are sent there. Did all those that voted for Paul in the Primaries steal votes from...who?

2nd - Dr. Paul did not say that - he DID say that he would accept.

why should we face what the McCain Camp does not? why is the McCain Camp still campaigning for the nomination? why are they campaigning the state Delegations? why are they putting pressure on state Party officials?

could it be that they know it's not over until the Delegates vote in September?

...and dvds4delegates.com is focus on the campaign for liberty, the one we are in now, the one that was and is

Look, I love Ron Paul and this movement. I've been in this since March of '07. But at this point some people here are going into 'drink the kool-aid' mode and its pretty rediculous.

If you're dead set on this then go for it. But if you manage to steal the nomination and Dr. Paul doesn't accept I hope you don't end up feeling dejected and leave the movement.

It was a lot easier last year when everyone had a single goal unifying us. It seems like this movement has been pulled in a lot of different directions since then and that just results in people feeling alienated and leaving.

Just remember the ultimate focus is the movement as a whole, not this one presidential campaign.

pendragon
07-07-2008, 09:53 PM
Hi Folks,
Excuse my ignorance, but I would like to ask a question. With the Nevada results coming in and with the new RP delegates going to Minnesota, does this mean RP now has a spot to make a speech as well as McCain to the all the delegates?

Thanks!

not automatically, IF however a candidate, Paul, Romney, Huckabee, or any "dark horse", or "favorite son," were to receive the vote of 5 states (a majority of a state's delegation = 1 state), then that person's name would be placed on the first ballot to be voted on by the Convention - all persons on the first ballot get the opportunity to speak to the Convention from the podium

McCain will undoubtedly receive the minimum 5 states - what is unknown is, will anyone else? The McCain Camp fears that there will be, and that, my little chickadees, is why they are still campaigning the state delegations before they get to Minnesota, and campaigning hard, putting pressure on state party officials...to ensure no one else gets 5 states

who do you think, they think, might get 5 states, Huckabee? Romney? or Ron Paul? you guessed it, Ron Paul.

and if Ron Paul gets to speak, he might just persuade enough delegates so that no one wins on the first ballot, or the second, or maybe someone besides McCain gains the majority on that first ballot - it has happened before (look it up)

The McCain Camp knows what can happen in a Convention (they looked it up) and that is why they are working so hard to keep the Ron Paul nation down, to make sure the Ron Paul nation stays down, and doesn't get back up (as has been done before, look it up)

i get knocked down, but i get up again, you're never gonna keep me down!
i get knocked down, but i get up again, you're never gonna keep me down!
i get knocked down, but i get up again, you're never gonna keep me down! (http://www.playlist.com/node/40181420)

pauletteNV
07-08-2008, 07:34 AM
It was a lot easier last year when everyone had a single goal unifying us. It seems like this movement has been pulled in a lot of different directions since then and that just results in people feeling alienated and leaving.

Just remember the ultimate focus is the movement as a whole, not this one presidential campaign.

Catatonic - it is those of us who do remember and keep to the goals who are still moving this campaign along....the campaign for Ron Paul and for Liberty are all wrapped up into one package, imo. We haven't changed, we understand the strategy, and we move forward. It is those who are begining this dot com and that dot com and promoting this 3rd party candidate and that 3rd party candidate who are pulling in diffrent directions. As one of the "older folk" on the board, I have always believed in sticking with the plan and seeing it through. In the long run, this is the tactic which tends to get the job done. One sure way of losing is to quit in the middle of a battle. Focus and forward!

pendragon
07-08-2008, 07:51 AM
Catatonic - it is those of us who do remember and keep to the goals who are still moving this campaign along....the campaign for Ron Paul and for Liberty are all wrapped up into one package, imo. We haven't changed, we understand the strategy, and we move forward. It is those who are begining this dot com and that dot com and promoting this 3rd party candidate and that 3rd party candidate who are pulling in diffrent directions. As one of the "older folk" on the board, I have always believed in sticking with the plan and seeing it through. In the long run, this is the tactic which tends to get the job done. One sure way of losing is to quit in the middle of a battle. Focus and forward!

+1!

michigan wolverine
07-09-2008, 01:52 PM
There is one thing that you do not take into account. More than enough delegates are legally bound to Mc Cain on the first ballot to give him the nomination. The only way for Ron Paul to have a chance is Mc Cain to pull out. Not going to happen.

pauletteNV
07-09-2008, 03:27 PM
Pledged delegates do not necessarily have to vote their pledge on the first round. A delegate can also abstain the first round, or there could be a vote from the floor to unbind all the delegates. There are options. What if we go to war or the economy collapses before September 2? Opinions of those on the floor could very well change dramatically.

michigan wolverine
07-09-2008, 04:41 PM
Don't try this arguement again. Each state will have a delgate foreman. One of his functions is take make sure all votes are placed. A delegate that choses to abstain will be replaced with an alternate. That is the purpose of the primary and caucus system.

Time to get realistic