PDA

View Full Version : List of states and requirements to vote in the primaries!

G-khan
05-27-2007, 03:30 AM
Is there a list of states and the requirements to vote in the primaries.. People need to know if they need to be a registered Republican in order to vote - some states require it. If there is no list I suggest we get one and get it posted here. To win the primaries will give Ron Paul a much better shot at wining the Presidency.

Delivered4000
05-27-2007, 06:52 AM
Here are the states that require you to register Republican to vote in the primary

Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Hawaii, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire*, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island*, South Dakota, Utah, Washington, West Virginia, Wyoming, all others are Open Primary
* (I) is ok

DrStrabismus
05-27-2007, 07:02 AM
Here are the states that require you to register Republican to vote in the primary

source?

Delivered4000
05-27-2007, 07:25 AM
source?
I saved it as text from somewhere on the internet, I'm sure there is a source but I don't have it right now, I'll look and see if I find it

mdh
05-27-2007, 09:43 AM

Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Hawaii, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire*, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island*, South Dakota, Utah, Washington, West Virginia, Wyoming, all others are Open Primary
* (I) is ok

I've been told before that WV is an open primary. I'll have to check with the clerk who handles voter regs on Tuesday, I guess.

RPR-omaha
05-28-2007, 07:30 PM
New Hampshire has a semi-open primary. If you are registered in a 3rd party you can vote for Ron Paul but Democracts need to switch to Republicans according to usaelectionpolls.com.

Bradley in DC
05-28-2007, 08:34 PM
Here are two good sources:

http://www.republicansource.com/primaries.htm

http://www.fairvote.org/?page=1801

Most importantly check with Secretary of State in your state or local (county?) Board of Election.

Register all of your fellow Ron Paul supporters to vote and get them to the polls!!