PDA

View Full Version : The Drama of the Revolution March Counter

SnappleLlama
07-02-2008, 12:12 PM
Hello!

I hope someone who is in charge of organizing the march can help me. I'm definitely going to the march with a friend, so this isn't going to affect my participation, but just for the record, how many people have pledged to attend this march? I've heard 14,000, and I've heard 15,000, and on the Revolution March website, there is a request posted for us to "re-pledge." Will this affect the totals?

Thanks!! :D

ronpaulhawaii
07-02-2008, 01:09 PM
From the website (two clicks and a password in from the counter widget)

What's the deal with the Pledge Counter?

Back in February, we announced our idea to march on DC.

After Ron Paul got on board with his video announcement, another revolutionary webmaster named Greg ***, also thought a march on DC was a good idea. Thus, he converted his site, RonPaul***.com into a site dedicated exclusively to a march on DC.

To avoid confusion, we reached out to Greg to make sure we were working on the same event. He agreed that we were and he then launched a “pledge counter” on his website. We directed those who wished to pledge from our site over to his site. He collected almost 15,000 names and then promptly disappeared off the face of the earth without ever sharing the data.

We have finally RELAUNCHED the pledge counter. We have begun the counter where it left off when Greg had it on his site. If you have already pledged, we ask you to re-pledge here so that we know you are coming. However, please make the appropriate selection below so that we DO NOT count you towards the total count since you are already included.

SnappleLlama
07-02-2008, 02:12 PM
From the website (two clicks and a password in from the counter widget)

Hello!

Yes, I saw that on the website, but I was wondering why the totals are less than 15,000 if the counter was just started where the old one left off? Also, does re-pledging change the totals?

Thanks!!

ronpaulhawaii
07-02-2008, 03:33 PM
I dont know about how the counter was started and at what number.

It just went up and there seems to be a bit of confusion about re-pledging, any growth will reflect that.

The main point is that re-pledging does not raise the counter, first time pledging does.

Hope that helps

:)

SnappleLlama
07-02-2008, 06:05 PM
Gotcha! Thanks!! :)