PDA

View Full Version : The Revolution: A Manifesto Missing Section on Personal Responsibility ?

raystone
07-02-2008, 11:34 AM
Bling, consumerism, materialism, debt, keeping up with the Jones, I believe, is the antithesis of guarding liberty and adhering to the constitution.

As consumer debt has risen in the past decades, the erosion of personal liberties as increased.

And, of course, as social entitlements have grown in the past 30 years, personal responsibility for the care of self and immediate family has decreased.

Personal responsibility cannot exist without liberty, and liberty will not endure without responsibility. Liberty without responsibility is license.

from http://www.fee.org/Publications/the-Freeman/article.asp?aid=3909

I believe 70% of U.S. citizens need a kick in the butt,

This is the tough love I'm hoping to see from Ron Paul's movement or a Ron Paul Republican candidate yet. Yes, Dr. Paul eloquently states it in macro terms, but I haven't heard him hold individuals accountable.

Can someone tell it like it is ? Would love to hear a candidate say something like...

"You won't like me as a candidate if you have been collecting welfare or foodstamps for more than 1 year. Don't vote for me if you are not intimately involved with the education of your children. I'm not your candidate if you are not actively managing the care of your elderly father or mother.

If you want your government to leave you and your money alone, vote for me. As Goldwater said, I'm not running for office to get laws passed, I'm running to get them repealed."

How about the creation of a we vs. them battle? A self ownership belief vs. social entitlement mentality battle for the country.

raystone
07-03-2008, 08:07 AM
Anyone have views on Personal Responsibility and Liberty relationship ?