PDA

View Full Version : Oh What a Beautiful Day!! Granny's Latest from S.D.

kittyc
07-02-2008, 09:27 AM
OH WHAT A BEAUTIFUL DAY !

After a long long ride, straight though, we arrived in Sturgis at the Campground and found Michelle has done a wonderful job of finding a good location for this festival for Freedom. The place is spotless, neat, beautifuly landscaped with views of the Black Hills that take your breath away. The owner a cowboy looking gentleman is one of the nicest people we have met in a long time. Straight talking, no hype and sincere. HE looks like a drawing of the old cowboy with the boots, long mustache, hat, worn jeans and comfortable shirt. His horse? ( A golf cart) lol...

We were dog tired, worn out and ready to lay down in a bed that wasn't moving. Have you ever tried to sleep on a bed in the back of a RV? Try it sometime staying in the bed is a real task...a bump can jolt you completely out of the bed so you sub conciously hang on with your toes and hands, making a good sound sleep impossible.. Plus in the back end the head lights from other cars seem to be right in your face plus the horns honking constantly for freedom. lol... Yes there is still a sign on the back saying "honk for freedom"

We are totally in awe of this beautiful state and the people we have met here.

We have FOOD.. the delivery truck finally arrived, a semi load of supplies ready to be cooked and eaten, boy am I ready for that.. my stomach thinks my throat has been cut I am so hungry.

The speakers are arriving, picked Jack Blood up at the air port last night and Christy ( Psyco Babe) drove in with her crew, Michelle is on the way back to the airport now to pick up several others arriving this morning. This is great, we have a day to sit and talk and plan what is going to go on stage. Dave Von Kliest is on his way with the huge Power Hour bus and his spot is roped off and waiting. This is going to be so much fun and a great way to learn how to fix this country from the best activists from all over the country.

We got the Wyfy hooked up last night and that is working like a charm so all the Reporters will have internet connections and the sound system will be installed in just a very few minutes.. It is working out better than we could have planned with the stage being set up in front of a large covered area where tables and seating is and even a rain shower won't hinder this event. I cannot praise Michelle enough for her finding this place and getting it all set up. I don't think we could have found a better place for the first of a long line of festivals where freedom fighters can convene, plan and learn. Thank you Michelle.. and the there is Kathy, this girl has spent the best part of every day talking on the phone, securing the best people in the country to speak and then getting confirmations and securing travel plans, answering all of your questions and defending the Grannys online from all the gossip and rumors floating around. I can say with all honesty, these two women are the greatest and I am proud to call them my friends and "GRANNYS". Kathy will be driving in tomorrow from Ct. with a bunch of folks which should be a fun trip. I can't wait to meet her face to face. That is the wonderful thing about people in this movement.. we have never met but we are totally committed as both friends and patriots in this battle for our Freedoms.

I will be sending photos shortly but don't have any idea of how to get them so you can see them as I am on this new computer ( birthday present) and have no clue how to work it right now.... Oh yes... I can't think of a better place to spend my 71st birthday than with a gathering of people who share the same beliefs and working for a better nation. I am a very very blessed person to have at this age be able to get to know and enjoy the company of so many great people.

UtahApocalypse
07-02-2008, 10:40 AM
Awesome to hear! I wish I could get out there.