PDA

View Full Version : What is going to happen to the 4.5 Million cash on hand?

kahless
07-02-2008, 06:42 AM
Now that the campaign is over what happens to this money? I am not sure but thought it cannot be transferred to somthing like CFL. If that is the case then where does it go? Can it be transferred to McCain or the party, or since the campaign is over can only be refunded?

votefreedomfirst
07-02-2008, 06:44 AM
Can it be transferred to McCain or the party

LOL

I'm sure they'll find some way to transfer it over to the CFL. I just hope it's put to good use.

ronpaulhawaii
07-02-2008, 06:45 AM
From my understanding, it can, and is, being transferred to CfL.

SnappleLlama
07-02-2008, 06:52 AM
OMG...transfer to McCain?! If Ron Paul allowed our money to be transferred to McCain, I'd withhold any additional chocolate chip cookie shipments, that's for sure!!

rprprs
07-02-2008, 07:04 AM
Now that the campaign is over what happens to this money? I am not sure but thought it cannot be transferred to somthing like CFL. If that is the case then where does it go? Can it be transferred to McCain or the party, or since the campaign is over can only be refunded?

:eek:

princessredtights
07-02-2008, 07:59 AM
WHY would/should RP transfer the money to McCain? :mad: out of party loyalty? From what I've seen in the last 13 months, there's no such thing in the political spectrum (after all, I didn't see McCain or the other Repub's being loyal to RP in anyway, shape or form)

Danke
07-02-2008, 09:06 AM
I think we're gonna party like it's 1999! (in Sept.)

LibertyEagle
07-02-2008, 09:17 AM
From my understanding, it can, and is, being transferred to CfL.

Mine too.

freelance
07-02-2008, 09:47 AM
Can it be transferred to McCain or the party

SNIP

Can you help me to understand why Ron Paul would entertain the thought of transferring money to McCain or to the Republican Party. He won't even endorse any of the Republican candidates for president, so I'm really at a loss to come up with any reason that would prompt him to do such a thing.

Maybe you can help me out.

Matt Collins
07-02-2008, 10:16 AM
I think we're gonna party like it's 1999! (in Sept.)Definitely massive party in MSP!! :D

Either that or Ron's going to split the money back to everyone who is a member of the CFL evenly to help pay our taxes :p

Imperial
07-02-2008, 10:42 AM
Well, the CFL is now a non-profit organization, and Ron Paul has no campaign debt....

....so I think he is free to and already did transfer the 4.7 million dollars to his new organization.

Now I just hope he starts contributing money to needy causes, like the March in DC and under-funded but COMPETITIVE people running for congress.

IRO-bot
07-02-2008, 11:00 AM
Well, the CFL is now a non-profit organization, and Ron Paul has no campaign debt....

....so I think he is free to and already did transfer the 4.7 million dollars to his new organization.

Now I just hope he starts contributing money to needy causes, like the March in DC and under-funded but COMPETITIVE people running for congress.

Actually I believe it is a for-profit.

MRoCkEd
07-02-2008, 11:09 AM
Actually I believe it is a for-profit.
bottom of donation page

The Campaign for Liberty is a 501c4 nonprofit. Donations are not tax deductible.

Matt Collins
07-02-2008, 11:29 AM
A big convention, hookers, and blow......... well... on second thought...forget the convention :D

Primbs
07-02-2008, 11:33 AM

And in order to make the under funded but COMPETITIVE people running for congress more competitive, they should fund campaign schools.

http://pauliticalschool.r3vmarch.com/

http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/38160

Danke
07-02-2008, 11:35 AM
A big convention, hookers, and blow......... well... on second thought...forget the convention :D

The convention is for recharging our batteries between hookers, blow....

http://www.presentationhelper.co.uk/graphics/sleeping_man.jpg

speciallyblend
07-02-2008, 11:38 AM
donate it to the gop;) hell i can only take 2 more years of being in this manure party......so it best get done in 2 yrs or im going to put down the dying dog...

speciallyblend
07-02-2008, 11:40 AM
And in order to make the under funded but COMPETITIVE people running for congress more competitive, they should fund campaign schools.

http://pauliticalschool.r3vmarch.com/

http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/38160

oo yeah nevermind only the people at the march will know,god im so ashamed of the media and our country. I wish the best for the march but it will be forgetten by the media before it even happens, marches are dime a dozen in dc. maybe get illegals to march in front then they might cover it???

Truth Warrior
07-02-2008, 11:41 AM
Ron's call! ;)

kahless
07-02-2008, 02:31 PM
Funny how people chose to read my post since I never suggested it should be transferred to McCain. That is allot of money just sitting around and I remember reading something here that it could not be transferred to CFL. So the only other options would be to McCain within the same party, the RNC or a refund.

Even though Ron said it would be unlikely for him to support McCain unless he changed his views, anything is possible and that would not surprise me. Not being a McCain supporter I would rather see it go to CFL.

libertarian4321
07-02-2008, 02:42 PM
Can it be transferred to McCain or the party, or since the

Damn it, I just vomited on my keyboard- thanks a lot!

Good thing I had an extra!

libertarian4321
07-02-2008, 02:44 PM
BTW, campaign funds are never refunded. It would be a logistical nightmare to even try it.

As far as I know, its all going to the CFL. However, Ron can do whatever he wants with it, including keeping it for his own use once he leaves office- some politicians who are less honorable than Ron Paul choose this option.

kahless
07-02-2008, 02:55 PM
BTW, campaign funds are never refunded. It would be a logistical nightmare to even try it.

As far as I know, its all going to the CFL. However, Ron can do whatever he wants with it, including keeping it for his own use once he leaves office- some politicians who are less honorable than Ron Paul choose this option.

Although doubtful, if it goes to McCain I thought I may want a refund. But then I think about the disturbing notion that we may have to get used to an Obama presidency and believe I should just leave well enough alone.

HenryKnoxFineBooks
07-02-2008, 03:23 PM
Usually, candidates can keep a campaign warchest with unused funds. These funds can then be used for future campaigns (see Hillary CLinton's excess senate race monies being used for 08 pres race).