PDA

View Full Version : "No Redress. NO TAXES."

Trance Dance Master
07-01-2008, 11:54 AM
http://www.wethepeoplecongress.org/PROJ/REVOLUTION/0-Nutshell.htm

The Constitutional Crisis
in a Nutshell:

Our Republic stands upon a precipice. Within a very short time we will either restore Constitutional Order or our nation - at least as we know it - will cease to exist.

One needs only scan the daily headlines to see the disdain our elected leaders hold for the Constitution: The collapsing U.S. currency; the expanding mortgage-debt crisis; rising food and oil prices, intractable (and ultimately unaffordable and unsustainable) wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, domestic spying of our emails, phone calls and Internet use; and the societal decay and crime flowing as a result of uncontrolled immigration. Add to this the immeasurable pain of broken families and households devastated by unbearable levels of direct taxes upon their labor that not only eviscerate the ability to save or care for their own families, they effectively enslave the population for political ends. And this is just a short list.

In our hearts, we know something is very, very wrong with America. Most people are too involved with the burdens of work and everyday life. Beyond this, we are afraid for our country, our future and ourselves -- and that's just what they want.

Until now, most Americans have believed that they need only elect the "right" person to implement the "right" policy and the crisis will end. Most have believed that if we surrender just a "little more" of our Freedom to our public officials, they will save us from "the terrorists" and end the crisis. And most have believed that if we just have the "right" man at the helm of the (private owned) Federal Reserve, our economic crisis will vanish.

The truth, however is that these problems cannot be fixed through the representative electoral process because these problems are NOT problems resulting from defective political policy -- these problems are the direct result of decades of intentional, nefarious Constitutional crimes against the People.

The Iraq war continues without end because Congress abdicated its Constitutional duty to Declare War and failing to subject the "Iraq Resolution" to a vigorous public debate prior to committing the blood and treasure of the People to this growing global conflict.

Spiraling oil and food prices, the bursting housing "bubble", and our limitless national debt are all the result of our Government (unconstitutionally) allowing a privately-owned cartel of banks known as the "Federal Reserve System" to convert our precious metals based system of constitutional money into a system of currency based on limitless, paper debt that it can create out of thin air.

The endless influx of illegal aliens into our local communities is robbing Americans of their standard of living, if not their jobs, while at the same time burdening our cities with untold side effects of closed hospitals, overflowing jails, blighted neighborhoods and degraded school systems. By refusing to enforce our immigration laws -- i.e., those currently on the books -- the President has violated his Oath of Office and his explicit duty to enforce the laws under the Constitution.

The IRS purports to possess an alleged authority to impose and enforce direct, unapportioned taxes on the labor of ordinary Americans. These taxes, (including so-called "employment" taxes) are by common definition, slave taxes. Beyond the fact that slavery is facially unconstitutional no matter its form, the Constitution explicitly prohibits any direct, non-apportioned tax. It is no coincidence that our Founders drew a bright line in the Law, by establishing the requirement for apportionment of all direct taxes as the only clause in the Constitution repeated twice.

Once we recognize the fundamental fact that the cancers that infect our Republic have been caused, not by poor political policy, but by systemic, institutionalized, and unconstitutional tyranny, we can understand why the People have been virtually helpless in halting the intractable march of darkness, decay and despotism that has plagued our nation for decades.

We can also begin to understand that We the People, will need to employ extraordinary means, outside the (controlled) establishment 2-party political process to remedy our Crisis.

Thankfully our Founders provided such a means in our Constitution -- and it's a means that we can employ individually and peacefully. This means is a Right first born in written law as part of Magna Carta in 1215. Section 61 of Magna Carta held the King, under threat of force, to be held accountable to the People as a matter of the RULE OF LAW.

This principle of natural accountability to the People is, and remains, a cornerstone Principle of English Law, American Law and western civilization. In fact, the very concept of the natural dominion of men over their servant governments, and the King's obligation in the Law to respond to Petitions for Redress, is the very moral framework upon which the Revolution was justified in the Declaration of Independence.

Today we know that Right as the last ten words of the First Amendment, i.e., the Right of the People to Petition the government for Redress of Grievances.

The Right to Petition is not, as our government would have us believe, a redundantly stated Right of Free Speech. The Right to Petition is a procedural vehicle, in the law, and available to all -- even individuals, to serve formal Notice & Demand upon the Government that it must provide substantive response and Redress for the constitutional violations so alleged.

Should the Government fail to provide such Redress the People are left with only two practicable options to secure Redress: violent Revolution or the withholding of taxes.

In short, if we are to peacefully reverse the tide of tyranny before our Liberty is irretrievably lost, we must look beyond the contemporary paradigm of electoral politics and begin to organize to discover -- and believe in -- and EXERCISE -- the profound, but little known unalienable Right protected by the Petition clause (and Ninth Amendment) as bequeathed to us by our Founders through the divinely inspired Constitution.

"No Redress. NO TAXES."

It's really that simple.

Truth Warrior
07-01-2008, 12:11 PM
Makes sense to me! :D

brandon
07-01-2008, 12:18 PM
Sounds good. We should start taking pledges to see how many will refuse to pay taxes. If a million people refuse, they surely can't arrest us all.

HOLLYWOOD
07-01-2008, 12:21 PM
Irony as Government Ineptitude Increases so does Government Control and Tyranny...

Inversely, Liberties and Freedoms are taken from the People/Citizens yet the PARADOX is GOVERNMENT quotes/uses LIBERTY & FREEDOM more than EVER!

Truth Warrior
07-01-2008, 12:24 PM
Sounds good. We should start taking pledges to see how many will refuse to pay taxes. If a million people refuse, they surely can't arrest us all. I'd say 10 million minimum AND PUBLICALLY. ;)

Scofield
07-01-2008, 12:42 PM
So what do we do?

How do we petition our grievences? How many petitions do we need to send to the Capital before we forego paying our taxes or even revolting? How long do we give them to comply to our demands?

We need to start this immediately.

Danke
07-01-2008, 01:04 PM
Sounds good. We should start taking pledges to see how many will refuse to pay taxes. If a million people refuse, they surely can't arrest us all.

Which tax? All taxes? Property Tax?

Scofield
07-01-2008, 01:10 PM
Which tax? All taxes? Property Tax?

I don't see how you forego paying all taxes. Taxes are already built into the price of goods, so you'll ultimately be paying at least some taxes when you purchase goods.

ewizacft
07-01-2008, 01:10 PM
How easy do you think it will be to get people to stop paying taxes?

Truth Warrior
07-01-2008, 01:14 PM
How easy do you think it will be to get people to stop paying taxes? Tell em they can only vote if they do. :D

Danke
07-01-2008, 01:19 PM
I don't see how you forego paying all taxes. Taxes are already built into the price of goods, so you'll ultimately be paying at least some taxes when you purchase goods.

Yep.

So which ones?

brandon
07-01-2008, 01:36 PM
In this hypothetical scenario, you stop paying every federal tax that you can. If a million people decided to resist taxes, I'm sure many of them would be business owners and could resist corporate taxes which would give you places to do business.

Of course we won't get this many people to go on a tax strike (not now anyway), so there really is no use talking about it in detail.

zadrock
07-01-2008, 02:19 PM
So what do we do?

How do we petition our grievences? How many petitions do we need to send to the Capital before we forego paying our taxes or even revolting? How long do we give them to comply to our demands?

We need to start this immediately.

Most members of Congress were served on Monday.

http://www.givemeliberty.org/revolution/

I took a video of Mike petitioning Cummings - he wasn't there and they didn't want to take it, but we left it with them and we expect an answer.

I need to edit the video, but it'll be on youtube soon...

Z

kirkblitz
07-01-2008, 02:51 PM
well the courts wont back you on this and you will be sitting in a jail cell soon enough.

Trance Dance Master
07-01-2008, 03:14 PM
well the courts wont back you on this and you will be sitting in a jail cell soon enough.
That type of thinking comes from fear of the government. They don't put everyone who doesn't pay taxes into jail. They prosecute a small percentage of those who don't and spread the news about it far and wide.

kirkblitz
07-01-2008, 04:36 PM
clearly they dont put everyone in jail but the fear of jail is strong enough to work, im sure if you asked the majority of americas they would say they would rather pay taxes then sit in jail.

hopeforamerica
07-01-2008, 04:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPSu39YIRlU

AJ Antimony
07-01-2008, 05:12 PM
In my opinion, this entire project while well intentioned and planned, is bullshit.

If you have a problem with your elected representatives, then you stop re-electing them. Period. End of story. To help us with this, the founders gave House members 2 year terms. Thus, every 2 years we the people have the opportunity to get rid of the trash we elected.

If Americans keep re-electing their representatives by a large margin, the same elected officials aren't going to give a shit about a redress of grievances.

Feelgood
07-01-2008, 05:43 PM
I cant wait to see Ron Paul's response to his petition. :D

SnappleLlama
07-01-2008, 05:49 PM
I cant wait to see Ron Paul's response to his petition. :D

LOL! I was thinking the same thing!

Trance Dance Master
07-01-2008, 10:15 PM
clearly they dont put everyone in jail but the fear of jail is strong enough to work, im sure if you asked the majority of americas they would say they would rather pay taxes then sit in jail.
Not everybody is interested in fighting the good fight in our court system. Those who do sometimes win.

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070713/NEWS03/707130321/1062/NEWS03

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPSu39YIRlU
Subscribe to that channel!

If Americans keep re-electing their representatives by a large margin, the same elected officials aren't going to give a shit about a redress of grievances.
Not if these videos keep making it to youtube. That's the power of the new media.

Truth Warrior
07-01-2008, 10:17 PM
Why fight the government on it's turf and by it's rules? :p

RonPaulFever
07-01-2008, 10:46 PM
Why would RP get served? He hasn't violated the Constitution.

Danke
07-01-2008, 10:56 PM

Not everybody is interested in fighting the good fight in our court system. Those who do sometimes win.

yep, see: http://www.losthorizons.com/tax/MoreVictories26.htm

No criminal case using CtC ever (i.e. no one in jail).

RSLudlum
07-01-2008, 11:18 PM

"Under a government which imprisons any unjustly, the true place for a just man is also a prison."

-Henry David Thoreau (http://thoreau.eserver.org/), "Civil Disobedience"

Thoreau stayed a night in jail after he didn't pay a poll tax to protest slavery and the Mexican War which he considered imperialistic.

And it just so happens that he was born on July 12 (http://www.revolutionmarch.com/), 1817. ;)

Truth Warrior
07-02-2008, 05:30 AM
Thoreau for POTUS! :D Just part of my ongoing elect the "dead" campaign!

Acala
07-02-2008, 05:52 AM
In my opinion, this entire project while well intentioned and planned, is bullshit.

If you have a problem with your elected representatives, then you stop re-electing them. Period. End of story. To help us with this, the founders gave House members 2 year terms. Thus, every 2 years we the people have the opportunity to get rid of the trash we elected.

The system set up by the Founders was never intended to work in a society such as we have now where the people have lost the love of liberty and have descended into complacence and looting.

In a situation such as this, where the system seems incapable of righting itself due to inherent defects, other means are justified.

I believe the people are absolutely justified in staging a tax strike. I also believe that a big enough tax strike would work. In fact, a tax strike may be the only way for the productive sector of society to throw off the parasitic state since the productive sector is now outvoted by those dependent on government money.

But conditions will have to get worse before people will band together and defy the government thugs.

Truth Warrior
07-02-2008, 06:45 AM
the system set up by the founders was never intended to work in a society such as we have now where the people have lost the love of liberty and have descended into complacence and looting.

In a situation such as this, where the system seems incapable of righting itself due to inherent defects, other means are justified.

I believe the people are absolutely justified in staging a tax strike. I also believe that a big enough tax strike would work. In fact, a tax strike may be the only way for the productive sector of society to throw off the parasitic state since the productive sector is now outvoted by those dependent on government money.

But conditions will have to get worse before people will band together and defy the government thugs.
qft!

+ 1776