PDA

View Full Version : Interview, Wednesday 9 am

JonathanBydlak
07-01-2008, 09:05 AM
http://ronpaulblog.com/2008/07/01/interview-9am-wednesday/

Tomorrow morning, I’ll be interviewed on Kurt Wallace’s Wake Up America morning show on BreakTheMatrix.com. I’ll be talking a little bit about Kent’s recent passing, the role that he played within the campaign, as well as my vision for how I believe Campaign for Liberty should unfold.

You won’t want to miss it :) I'll have some quite interesting things to say that I have not spoken about publicly before. Tune in here at 9am tomorrow.

You can digg the interview as well here: http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/Interview_with_former_Paul_campaign_fundraising_di rector

speciallyblend
07-01-2008, 09:19 AM
digg dugg , i'll try to listen in the morning, I WANT A NEW PARTY, not a 3rd Party, A PARTY WITH A PLATFORM that crosses ALL PARTIES, MAKE IT HAPPEN SEPT 2nd;) EVERYONE IS READY!!

Conza88
07-01-2008, 09:29 AM
Youtuuuuuuuuuuuubbbbbbbbbess :D

Best of Luck.

hopeforamerica
07-01-2008, 10:39 AM
Looking forward to it!

pacelli
07-02-2008, 05:46 AM
That's 9am in the eastern time zone.

pacelli
07-02-2008, 07:14 AM
the interview is happening now at the link in the OP

SnappleLlama
07-02-2008, 07:18 AM
Can somebody update us with the info? I can't access this from work :(

MsDoodahs
07-02-2008, 07:28 AM
Host emphasized that it was to be a tribute to Kent.

So far, talking about all the ways Kent influenced the campaign in positive ways.

SnappleLlama
07-02-2008, 07:30 AM
Host emphasized that it was to be a tribute to Kent.

So far, talking about all the ways Kent influenced the campaign in positive ways.

Cool...that's good news!!

SnappleLlama
07-02-2008, 07:46 AM
So, anything controversial?

speciallyblend
07-02-2008, 08:05 AM
my link says not broadcasting oo well, i tried

MsDoodahs
07-02-2008, 08:12 AM
Nothing controversial at all.

I'm hearing it real choppy and had to stop listening a couple of times...so I may have missed something ...

SnappleLlama
07-02-2008, 08:13 AM
Hmm...so what was he supposed to reveal that was so earth-shattering that we couldn't miss it? :)

pacelli
07-02-2008, 08:16 AM
Hmm...so what was he supposed to reveal that was so earth-shattering that we couldn't miss it? :)

Basically the entire 'next step' / campaign for liberty concept was developed by Kent back in february. Kent also had the idea to start it much earlier while the momentum was still there.

pacelli
07-02-2008, 08:17 AM
Kurt will be posting the podcast link to the interview.

Danke
07-02-2008, 08:18 AM

Well, he is talking about an org he is setting up for grants/scholarships outside of government ones.

SnappleLlama
07-02-2008, 08:18 AM
Basically the entire 'next step' / campaign for liberty concept was developed by Kent back in february. Kent also had the idea to start it much earlier while the momentum was still there.

Sadness! Well, it was a good idea, Kent...I'm so sorry you can't see this movement come to fruition :(

LibertyEagle
07-02-2008, 08:20 AM
Great interview. :)

rprprs
07-02-2008, 08:22 AM
So, anything controversial?

No Snapple, not really. I was hoping for a better explanation as to his posts yesterday. His comments today were much more moderate than his accusations yesterday.

SnappleLlama
07-02-2008, 08:24 AM
No Snapple, not really. I was hoping for a better explanation as to his posts yesterday. His comments today were much more moderate than his accusations yesterday.

I agree, his comments yesterday made things seem like he was going to spill a bunch of secrets about RP that would be so controversial that many of us wouldn't be able to handle the truth. I'm very glad to hear that this wasn't the case!

speciallyblend
07-02-2008, 08:28 AM
I'm losing faith fast in the gop,not that i had much in the first place, only time will tell,but i see the gop brandname as becoming worthless soon.. i personally do not think the gop is worth saving, time to put down the dying dog... its like trying to save a brand name thats not worth crap..

pacelli
07-02-2008, 08:36 AM
I agree, his comments yesterday made things seem like he was going to spill a bunch of secrets about RP that would be so controversial that many of us wouldn't be able to handle the truth. I'm very glad to hear that this wasn't the case!

Not at all. He commented that Ron had obligations to being a congressman first and discussed that a bit, mentioning he wished he would have campaigned more than 3 days in Iowa and NH (saying that he should have spent a week there like the other candidates). I learned more about the controversial aspects from his posts.

He did mention that many in the campaign were urging him to tailor the message he presented during the debates, to match the audience/state he was in to gain more voters, rather than repeating the message the same way during each debate.

SnappleLlama
07-02-2008, 08:45 AM
Not at all. He commented that Ron had obligations to being a congressman first and discussed that a bit, mentioning he wished he would have campaigned more than 3 days in Iowa and NH (saying that he should have spent a week there like the other candidates). I learned more about the controversial aspects from his posts.

He did mention that many in the campaign were urging him to tailor the message he presented during the debates, to match the audience/state he was in to gain more voters, rather than repeating the message the same way during each debate.

Aww...that's just Ron's style... :D

Honestly, I think RP is probably overwhelmed at the amount of attention he's been getting. He used to be the congressman not many people knew about, but now, everyone's clamoring to know more about his ideals. I hope he doesn't burn out!

steph3n
07-02-2008, 11:38 AM

I know for this debate first hand, as I spoke to the people involved, especially in the Florida debates.

This is phrased a bit wrongly as NO ONE wanted Ron to change his message, just his delivery and wording.
Instead of pissing off every cuban group and some others in Miami, we could have had them worshiping at his feet by saying the same thing in a different way.

Instead of saying why not talk to them.....he could have easily said, do we want Castro or Chavez here in the US with troops telling us by force what we should do? (or some variation of this)