PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul should try to get on Daily Show/Colbert again

shagywashere
07-01-2008, 03:36 AM
The Campaign for Liberty should try to get him some shows, so he could reach more audiences and educate more people. I think I remember hearing one of them say they wanted to have him back some time. I wonder what the Campaign is planning to do to reach more audiences.

Bruno
07-01-2008, 05:35 AM
I'd love to see it.

ninepointfive
07-01-2008, 07:58 PM
heck yeah he should!

Zolah
07-01-2008, 08:04 PM
Should be good, I personally gave up on Mr Jon Stewart back in February, that show went into liberal hyperdrive, but CFL needs some limelight.

ClayTrainor
07-01-2008, 08:06 PM
ive been saying this since the book came out.

AJ Antimony
07-01-2008, 08:10 PM
They're jerks for not inviting him to discuss his fucking NYT best seller...

mczerone
07-01-2008, 09:45 PM
Won't Happen.

Jon Stewart had Paul on back before the primaries, and so did Colbert.

After that however, David Frum, John McCain/GOP crony and licensed talking head, whispered to Jon Stewart that "If you knew what I knew about [Ron Paul], you wouldn't like him".

Presumably it was spread that Paul is an anti-Semite Racist, because after the appearance, I emailed Frum to ask what he meant, and he only linked the New Republic Article about the newsletters, confident that they would show me that Paul was racist.

I emailed Frum back, told him how ignorant he was being about it, and if that was his only problem with Paul, he's both mistaken and highly off-the-mark for letting that specific incident get in the way of one's political philosophy.

Jon Stewart hasn't so much as mentioned Paul's name since.

That's how the Media Blackout spread: intimidation from a few (otherwise insignificant) people that just plant that germ of doubt in reporters, anchors and editors that they shouldn't be covering that "horrible hate filled loony racist".

tomveil
07-01-2008, 09:48 PM
One of my favorite Colbert moments was the Ron Paul skit where he predicted all the terrible things through history.

"A ZEPPELIN FILLED WITH HYDROGEN? IT'LL EXPLODE!"

"THE JAPANESE ARE GOING TO BOMB PEARL HARBOR! THERE'S A MEMO AT THE STATE DEPARTMENT!"

That is quality TV

Knightskye
07-01-2008, 11:46 PM
Well, maybe we should ask them politely.

He's got a book. Hell, that got Huckaboom on each of their shows twice.