PDA

View Full Version : Thank God for Texas Castle Doctrine: Joe Horn is Innocent

Chase
06-30-2008, 09:51 PM
Joe Horn is a guy who witnessed a pair of illegal aliens stealing from his neighbor's home. He called 911, and as he was getting impatient waiting for the police to arrive, told the 911 operator he was going to go confront the criminals with his shotgun and kill them. He cocked the 12 gauge and went outside, yelling at the criminals to freeze. They didn't and he popped both of them.

He was not arrested, and the grand jury just cleared him.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Horn_shooting_controversy
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/070108dntexburglars.3b1ec6c.html

T-K
06-30-2008, 10:01 PM
funny that defending property can be thought of as a crime by some

RSLudlum
06-30-2008, 10:07 PM
It's sad the situation had to come to that fatal conclusion but a thief has got to know what the risks of his 'career' choice are....If not, then he shouldn't be a thief!

Dr.3D
06-30-2008, 10:09 PM
Finally our courts have stopped defending the thieves. Maybe the thieves will get the message now and think twice before doing what they have been doing all these years.

Sir VotesALot
06-30-2008, 10:29 PM
God bless Joe Horn.

sidster
06-30-2008, 11:28 PM
Joe Horn is a guy who witnessed a pair of illegal aliens stealing from his neighbor's home. He called 911, and as he was getting impatient waiting for the police to arrive, told the 911 operator he was going to go confront the criminals with his shotgun and kill them. He cocked the 12 gauge and went outside, yelling at the criminals to freeze. They didn't and he popped both of them.

He was not arrested, and the grand jury just cleared him.

I don't think he knew their immigration status at the time
he went after them or at the time he called 911. I could
be wrong...

I know I'm gonna get flamed for this following comment, but
although I don't think Mr Horn should've been arrested, tried
or even convicted, I do believe he didn't have to kill the thieves.
They were just stealing stuff, not murdering, raping, or bringing
about physical harm to his neighbor(s) or any other innocent
bystander(s).

I don't think property is worth taking someone's life over under
normal circumstances. That said, I do think Mr. Horn believed
100% what he was doing, or has done was the right thing to do.
If I was on the jury, I too would not have found him guilty.

If it was "looting" season, my views be much different. I always
believe context is key.

Had it been my property, I would've appreciated my neighbor
trying to protect it. I would not have wished my neighbor to
put him/herself in line of danger as such, nor would've wished
him/her to have ended the thieves' lives over stolen "whatever".

It is unfortunate that with this incident, Mr. Horn has placed
himself in danger. There is no doubt that there are people out
there who would want to bring "justice" to him, especially after
all the media biased and "outrage" ... I wish him best of luck
and hope nothing happens to him or his family.

tonesforjonesbones
06-30-2008, 11:32 PM
If you remember, they were approaching his yard. He told them to stop and they did not. I consider this a victory for liberty and property rights. I agree, maybe these thugs will think twice before they go breaking into people's homes. TONES

Doktor_Jeep
07-01-2008, 12:43 AM
I know not much for this case.

Though I cannot see reason to kill over worldy material things. His innocence comes from people being fed up.

People are sick and tired of the criminals, who are more important to government because without criminals government would have to be smaller, who get free reign every time. Free to steal, get slapped on the wrist, and do it again.

The government loves criminals, and likes to make criminals out of people who are not, as well, to keep that system growing. If people starting shooting criminals when caught in the act, the prisons would lose money and there would not be such need for cops, whose job goes from drawing chalk around victims to drawing chalk around their "livestock" that deserved it. That job does not require cops.

Ahhh the power of a non-sheeple jury.

Maybe will come the day when we won't need the supreme court to decide if we can kill child-rapers or not. Perhaps when we have jurys who never convict men who kill those who rape children, we would not need a supreme court either.

MsDoodahs
07-01-2008, 06:58 AM
I could not be more pleased at the decision not to indict Mr. Horn. :)

Mesogen
07-01-2008, 07:24 AM
http://xs329.xs.to/xs329/08273/s917.jpg
APPROVES

TruckinMike
07-01-2008, 02:27 PM
My great uncle had a problem with thieves. Some one kept breaking into his moonshine stash and stealing it. So he devised a booby trap with dynamite and blew the thief up. The local sheriff knew what happened, but never arrested him. ....Now thats what you call swift and fair justice; east Texas style, circa 1925.

TMike