PDA

View Full Version : 492 away from 10,000 confirmed!!!!! please read and help

speciallyblend
06-30-2008, 07:50 PM
www.lettertogop.com once we hit 10,000 confirmed we will be releasing a full on national press release with my contact info on it.... We will include 2 versions of a letter to the editor ,feel free to use these and attach your name to it or put mine once we have the press release.

Here are 2 copies of the letter to the editor, or write your own:)

SHORT VERSION
Why sign www.lettertogop.com?

This Presidential election, we must be heard above the choices we're being force-fed.

The GOP continues to disregard Republican principles with a “Party Unity” slate that's pushing a pro-war, economically illiterate, big-government presumptive nominee.

The media ignores the strong support of a candidate that would reduce government, cut spending, restore the Constitution, bring our troops home, defend against enemies both foreign and domestic, and make America great again; the true definition of “Republican”.

This candidate, Dr. Ron Paul, officially suspended his Presidential campaign, but started the Campaign for Liberty (www.campaignforliberty.com), to be launched with a rally on September 2nd in Minneapolis.

We must send a clear message that we're tired of being given two evils to choose from. We want Real Choice, Real Change, and Restoration of Liberty.

Join 10,000 others, and sign the Letter to the GOP at www.lettertogop.com today!

LONG VERSION
Why sign www.lettertogop.com?

With an impending Presidential election upon us, we as Americans must at least make our voices heard above the force fed choices the media and invested party leaders would like us to choose from. The choices are lining up as: Senator Barack Obama on the Democratic ticket, after an extensive battle to win the nomination within the Democratic Party; and Senator John McCain on the Republican ticket, after a frustrating and disappointing elimination process that has split the party.

The entrenched Republicans/GOP have continued down a road that is not true to core Republican beliefs and principles with a “Party Unity” slate that is pushing a pro-war, economically illiterate, and big government presumptive nominee, right when we are on the verge of the dollar hitting all time lows, and gasoline prices hitting all time highs.

Although most of the media would not let you know it, there is a large and strong following for a candidate that wants to reduce government, control spending, restore the power of the dollar, bring our troops home, defend our selves from enemies both foreign and domestic, and make America great again, both at home and in the eyes of the world. Basically, he is the true definition of “Republican”.

That candidate was Congressman Dr. Ron Paul. He has officially suspended his Presidential campaign in light of the tactics and illegal violations by the GOP at different state conventions, but continues on in restoring this country with the Campaign for Liberty (www.campaignforliberty.com).

Given light of the fact that the Presidential campaign has just been “suspended”, anything is possible with the upcoming Campaign for Liberty Convention and Rally to be held Sept 2nd in Minneapolis, MN, the same time as the slated GOP convention is scheduled to elect Senator John McCain.

While we may not sway the minds of the GOP Party leaders after their strong opposition to true Republican values, we, as Americans, need to make our voices heard and send a clear message that we are tired of being given 2 evils to choose from come election time. We want Real Choice, Real Change for more freedom (not more socialized programs and different angles on wars), and Restoration of the dollar by someone who understands how overspending and indiscriminate printing of currency can kill an economy.

Send a message today. Let your voice be heard with the nearly 10,000 others who have signed in their agreement. Sign the Letter to the GOP at www.lettertogop.com today!

thank you everyone on the forums and the signers. This is going to be bigger then everyone thinks. This really hasn't been advertised at all and we are almost at 10,000 confirmed, think about that;) please post this www.lettertogop.com
everywhere send to anyone and everyone. ALL VOTERS WELCOME:D

pauletteNV
06-30-2008, 08:19 PM
That is so close! I think there about 275 online right now. If we each take 5 minutes and contact 5 people...surely we could pull that number tonight? Or send it to 10 people or more if you can. Let's focus and do this now!

fr33domfightr
06-30-2008, 11:11 PM
bump

I Am Weasel
06-30-2008, 11:24 PM
if there are over 65,000 people signed up on the Campaign for Liberty website, why can't those same people sign this letter?

speciallyblend
07-01-2008, 05:09 AM
if there are over 65,000 people signed up on the Campaign for Liberty website, why can't those same people sign this letter?

ooo yeah everytime i bring anything to their(ron paul campaign/cfl) table, it seems to get shot down, have you noticed anymore info about ron stock? in minnesota? it was pretty much shot down by a few cfl people and minnesota people. anyway i doubt the cfl will back the letter. I have pretty much given up on help from any campaign.... i haven't bothered with the cfl, i figure once it makes some news, they will jump on once they feel its so called safe for them??? i have no clue.

unless the cfl was created to unify several 3rd parties, i do not see the cfl doing much in the corrupt nazi party aka gop... so where are we again ?? o yeah doing things outside of the cfl and the gop......

hanging on by a thread in the gop.
my question is the brand name republican even worth a dime anymore? i think not, i can stay a republican but to be honest it's like joining the dirtiest job in the world being a republican...

Danke
07-01-2008, 05:45 AM
have you noticed anymore info about ron stock? in minnesota? it was pretty much shot down by a few cfl people and minnesota people.
hanging on by a thread in the gop.

Ronstock is off? I thought that was your baby?

SnappleLlama
07-01-2008, 06:02 AM
Wait...wha'ts going on with Ronstock?! I was considering driving x-country for that!!

malkusm
07-01-2008, 06:09 AM
Me too....Ronstock must go on!! The people are clamoring!!

*clamor* *clamor*

SnappleLlama
07-01-2008, 06:15 AM
Ronstock, ronstock, ronstock!!!

Danke
07-01-2008, 06:24 AM
Wait...wha'ts going on with Ronstock?! I was considering driving x-country for that!!

Bummer.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f5/Woodstock_redmond_hair.JPG

speciallyblend
07-01-2008, 06:52 AM
well if it is going to happen . i do not know ,as much as i would like it to happen,everything cost money, so i doubt it. I'm saddened by it, but if we do not get support for it, I cannot afford to cover the costs of the event:( i have wasted 6.99 on a website title oo well

the way i look at it, is the CFL does a great job at unmotivating people. I want to make a ronstock happen but to be honest i do not have the funds for it..... I hope i didn't disapoint anyone. the best thing we can shoot for is to all book some camp spots on public land and meet each other,thats where i see it going ,since getting the ron paul cfl to get involved or anyone is impossible it seems.. deeply frustrated, maybe the dc march can take this project on after july 12th???? any ideas are welcome but bottom line is it takes money..

SnappleLlama
07-01-2008, 06:54 AM
well if it is going to happen . i do not know ,as much as i would like it to happen,everything cost money, so i doubt it. I'm saddened by it, but if we do not get support for it, I cannot afford to cover the costs of the event:( i have wasted 6.99 on a website title oo well

the way i look at it, is the CFL does a great job at unmotivating people. I want to make a ronstock happen but to be honest i do not have the funds for it..... I hope i didn't disapoint anyone. the best thing we can shot for is to all book some camp spots on public land and meet each other,thats where i see it going ,since getting the ron paul cfl to get involved or anyone is impossible it seems.. deeply frustrated, maybe the dc march can take this project on after july 12th???? any ideas are welcome but bottom line is it takes money..

So we need another Chip-In? How much does it cost to reserve the space for Ronstock?

Danke
07-01-2008, 06:56 AM

the way i look at it, is the CFL does a great job at unmotivating people. I want to make a ronstock happen but to be honest i do not have the funds for it..... I hope i didn't disapoint anyone. the best thing we can shot for is to all book some camp spots on public land and meet each other,thats where i see it going ,since getting the ron paul cfl to get involved or anyone is impossible it seems.. deeply frustrated, maybe the dc march can take this project on after july 12th???? any ideas are welcome but bottom line is it takes money..

Is the farm land still available? Was the farmer asking for money?

speciallyblend
07-01-2008, 08:03 AM
I have to call the farm guy this week,but from what some minnesota people said that were going to help plan it in minnesota,after they talked to cfl, they think their focus should be the ron paul convention.. I'm discouraged about this. I mean hell they don't need us to travel cross country they have 11,000 people in minnesota that will come,so im starting to think why waste my time and money ....... they definetly did a great job of unmotivating me to even bother coming...

Danke
07-01-2008, 08:12 AM
I have to call the farm guy this week,but from what some minnesota people said that were going to help plan it in minnesota,after they talked to cfl, they think their focus should be the ron paul convention.. I'm discouraged about this. I mean hell they don't need us to travel cross country they have 11,000 people in minnesota that will come,so im starting to think why waste my time and money ....... they definetly did a great job of unmotivating me to even bother coming...

Hmm? Who in MN? PM me if you'd like. I think you have a good idea about fund raising after the 12th. Maybe some of the DC folks can give advise.

SnappleLlama
07-01-2008, 08:13 AM
This doesn't make sense...wouldn't CFL want us to make a huge appearance in MN?

speciallyblend
07-01-2008, 08:28 AM
This doesn't make sense...wouldn't CFL want us to make a huge appearance in MN?

they would rather focus on the convention it seems.... I can understand that to a point,but they fail on encouraging people to come by not making more events to attract people from all over.

They seem to need better marketing people at the campaign level.

I assume we will wait till after july 12th and we can approach deborah k and see if she is willing to try this... I have the drive to do this,but no funds and its stressful when you have no funds:(

I'll hold onto the domain name and if it moves forward i will release the domain to whoever wants to organize it..... we have plenty of time. I will help behind the scenes, just hard for me to organize from colorado, when im just trying to make ends meet.. I will talk to you later today ok, i just got offwork from a 16hr shift ,so im a lil tired

SnappleLlama
07-01-2008, 08:31 AM
Okay, I'm getting scared. Ronstock NEEDS to become a reality. I'll get a second job if I have to, just to donate some $$$.

speciallyblend
07-01-2008, 08:42 AM
I hear you, I'm sure something will be planned... Everyone be patient, Im sure something will come up if not,maybe the cfl has something planned(note sarcasm)...

let's wait till after july 12th ok,then ill contact deborah k, what i would suggest is someone start a chip in maybe with all the money going to the cfl maybe if the event doesnt happen..

to be honest after what linda and deborah k have been thru organizing an event, i doubt i want that position...I'd rather have dinner for 2 with mccain...

speciallyblend
07-01-2008, 11:55 AM
We will keep it simple , I will be calling the farm that will allow us to camp,more to come but we will have fun and keep it low key;) ok;) I'm also going to try to get the marc scibilia band to perform.......

Danke
07-01-2008, 12:37 PM
We will keep it simple , I will be calling the farm that will allow us to camp,more to come but we will have fun and keep it low key;) ok;) I'm also going to try to get the marc scibilia band to perform.......

Maybe we could set up our own Gong Show?

I wonder if Chuck Barris is a Ron Paul supporter?
http://archive.salon.com/people/bc/2001/03/06/chuck_barris/story.jpg

I'll bring bags for shy performers.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xj3Q9l9Ivng

Danke
07-01-2008, 12:40 PM
I wonder if "Gene Gene, the Dancing Machine" is available?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACpNVD5GMUw&feature=related

Ninja Homer
07-01-2008, 01:52 PM

There's always plan B. I wrote about it in the other thread.

http://harmonypark.com

It's a 75-90 minute drive to Minneapolis, but wouldn't need near as much planning or volunteers, because they already have everything set up that you'd need; 50 foot stage, sound system, camping, shade, water, porta-potties, lake, electric hook-up, and plenty of room for everybody.

You can book the park, or plan C, everybody just camp there for $20 a night (covers a group of 2-4 people).

mconder
07-01-2008, 01:59 PM
I have to admit my disappointment that we don't have at least 100,000 signatures. I think this is an important effort.