matts05
06-30-2008, 06:11 PM
-deleted-

Kludge
06-30-2008, 06:18 PM
AuH2O Club :p

nate895
06-30-2008, 06:18 PM
Do a teenage Republican club if you form a club. I am in HS myself and was thinking about starting one, but only one other student was interested that I could find, so that was a dud. Also, go to Speech and Debate club to refine your rhetorical skills and find other people interested in politics.

Kludge
06-30-2008, 06:22 PM
Do a teenage Republican club if you form a club. I am in HS myself and was thinking about starting one, but only one other student was interested that I could find, so that was a dud. Also, go to Speech and Debate club to refine your rhetorical skills and find other people interested in politics.

I hated debate so much... I had to argue in favor of the war and torturing terrorists while giving statistics I knew were bullshit :(

Nirvikalpa
06-30-2008, 06:37 PM
Students for Liberty? http://www.studentsforliberty.org/

How about a John Birch Society Student Club? http://jbs.org

nate895
06-30-2008, 06:44 PM
I hated debate so much... I had to argue in favor of the war and torturing terrorists while giving statistics I knew were bullshit :(

That's why I like the Speech part. I hated debate the one time I debated in competition. However, Extemp is fun if you can luck out topic wise. I was able to connect so many issues to Ron Paul this last year.

revolutionman
06-30-2008, 06:56 PM
i wish i had taken the opportunity to brush up on public speaking in highschool. now the reality of the matter is that for every 100 words I type I'd actually on speak ten in a face to face discussion. I'm forever relegated to behind the scenes political activity, never to be a face. Its kinda a good thing. Just means i get to be as crazy as Carville and other people will have to answer for my off the wall BS. Thats a joke btw.

brandon
06-30-2008, 07:32 PM
Hey, I was thinking about starting some sort of politics related club at my high school. Last year, I really wanted to start a students for ron paul club, but it was too late in the year to make any new clubs by the time i was ready to commit. So this year I was thinking of a students for barr club, but i am afraid to do something public like that that is linked to the libertarian party, because i want to go into politics later in life, and i'm not sure if that would be bad (i know hillary used to be a young republican, but still...)

then i thought about starting up a local teenage republican club (http://www.republicanteens.org). the only thing about that though, is that i just don't like being affiliated with a party in general, and i'm afraid that the word "republican" will scare people off. or maybe i could make one of these republican clubs, but try to promote traditional republicanism of small government, noninterventionism, and free markets, like ron paul speaks of. then there is always just creating a nonpartisan, non idealogical generic politics club. idk, what do you think? any ideas?

First of all, dont start a club linked to any specific candidate (Bob Barr Club). The election is in November and your club will cease to exist after that.

If you dont want to start a club affiliated with any political party, you could start a "Students for Liberty" club. It could be a hybrid between the Republican and Libertarian platforms.

Or if their is not enough interest to do that (how many students are in your school?) just go with a general politics club, or a debate club if one doens't exist already.

matts05
06-30-2008, 10:33 PM
-deleted-